Windows 10: Chrome, typing into browser......

Discus and support Chrome, typing into browser...... in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; This is complicated to explain. When I type a question into the middle search bar for Chrome, the letters instantly transfer to the top address... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by Fool, Jun 27, 2017.

1. Fool Win User

Chrome, typing into browser......

This is complicated to explain.

When I type a question into the middle search bar for Chrome, the letters instantly transfer to the top address bar. I don't want this. Can I make Chrome let me type into the middle bar?

:)

2. What steps can I take to make Windows10 my default browser, google chrome my search engine, with Bing as toolbar?

collisbaker, Jun 27, 2017
  3. What steps can I take to make Windows10 my default browser, google chrome my search engine, with Bing as toolbar?

collisbaker, Jun 27, 2017
  4. Berton Win User

Two things I'd use, one is to open a new Tab and type in it or use a Search engine separate from Chrome. I have a preference for DuckDuckGo, quite an independent Search.

Berton, Jun 28, 2017
  5. Steve C Win User
    No - this is how Google designed Chrome to work and they probably won't listen to feedback.

Steve C, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Chrome, typing into browser...... - Similar Threads - Chrome typing browser

2. Chrome browser on Windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Chrome browser on Windows 10: How do I download and launch the Chrome browser on my new Microsoft Surface Go computer? The computer only offers Edge. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/chrome-browser-on-windows-10/2b2e88cd-e031-41b2-85fc-e2235f39ca93
  3. MBAM browser protection for Chrome

in Browsers and Email
    MBAM browser protection for Chrome: I find this extension to cause the pages to load slowly. The pause, while it works, is quite noticeable after using Chrome for so long with out it. It reads as though it is doing quite a job protecting a PC and I wondered if anyone has experienced the same pause I have? 140989
  4. Encrypted Chrome Browser Headline?

in Browsers and Email
    Encrypted Chrome Browser Headline?: See below an extract from a Sunday Times story published today. Is this article drivel or correct? Internet safety watchdogs and intelligence agencies are holding crisis talks about a new version of Britain’s most popular web browser, which they fear will endanger...
  5. Malwarebytes Browser Extension for Chrome

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Malwarebytes Browser Extension for Chrome: Currently I use Defender and run Malwarebytes on demand. Does WD perform any browser related protection? I know it doesn't cover PUP's in std mode, Just wondering what the consensus is about this Malwarebytes Browser Extension for Chrome? Sounds like a good idea, but I...
  6. Chrome Browser

in Windows 10 Customization
    Chrome Browser: When i click on the icon, it does not open! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/chrome-browser/143497a3-4579-42e0-bbaa-ac0d65d977cf
  7. Err_connection_failed in chrome and other browsers

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Err_connection_failed in chrome and other browsers: Hi, I was facing this problem a couple of months ago. After using my laptop for few hours, 3 or 4 for example, i suddenly get the page which says: this site can't be reached with the error Err_connection_failed. In edge this problem comes under: hmmm... can t reached...
  8. Google Chrome Browser

in Browsers and Email
    Google Chrome Browser: Hello, How can I transfer all my Chrome settings, passwords to sites, bookmarks etc. from current computer (32bit) into a new one also windows 10 pro (64bit). Answers will be appreciated. Thanks 106507
  9. chrome browser update

in Browsers and Email
    chrome browser update: Once is a while when I am on chrome browser a full page window pops up and wants me to update. I am sure this is spam or scam of some type and I do not click on it. My question is since I run ccleaner, malwarebytes, avg, and mrt all of which find nothing why am I getting...
  10. Chrome browser

in Browsers and Email
    Chrome browser: I have a shortcut to open my Chrome browser on my taskbar. Every time I open Chrome I get this pop-up message: [img] I then have to click "yes" for Chrome to open. My Chrome browser is up to date. This has only happened recently. Any idea what causes this annoyance?...