Windows 10: Chrome v. Edge

Discus and support Chrome v. Edge in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; I am a causal user utilizing simplistic Edge. Seeing considerable information around the web regarding the benefits of Chrome I have become curious if... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by lpatrick, Jan 6, 2017.

1. lpatrick Win User

Chrome v. Edge

I am a causal user utilizing simplistic Edge. Seeing considerable information around the web regarding the benefits of Chrome I have become curious if their actually are sufficient benefits for me to move for Edge to Chrome?

Opinions please.

:)

lpatrick, Jan 6, 2017
  2. trevor191 Win User

Microsoft Edge

I upgraded to windows V 1703 all downloaded ok except Edge ! i am using Google Chrome and int explorer all ok with no issues. when you click on Edge the page will load with no content and frozen.

trevor191, Jan 6, 2017
  3. Microsoft Edge, what technology is at work here?

I just watched this video in Microsoft Edge:

And it looked one way, but after that I installed Google Chrome, watched the video, which now looked different (you could navigate in the video), then uninstalled Chrome (which I don't really like) and watched it again in Edge and.... I can still navigate
    inside the video.

What just happened?

Codrut Popescu, Jan 6, 2017
  4. Cliff S New Member

Chrome v. Edge

Nope.
    Just use both, I do*Smile

All browsers these days,do basically the same things and are pretty fast and snappy.

It's when you start using skins, add-ons, extensions, toolbars, and extra security suite protection that they begin to slow down.

Just keep those to a minimum, and get only what you REALLY need.

That said, I use Edge 97% of the time because it is hooked deeper into the system, with Cortana/Search, and also has better sound when streaming(my setup & my system anyhow), For example I use YouTube a lot, and Find Edge better than Chrome as far as sound goes.

Cliff S, Jan 6, 2017
  5. prikker Win User
    Edge I don't use. Chrome only for watching American Football with Gamepass. My main browser is Firefox, because of the extensions and it's customization*Smile

prikker, Jan 6, 2017
  6. dencal Win User
    *Ditto*Ditto*Thumbs

dencal, Jan 6, 2017
  7. prikker Win User
    I'ts hooked deeper into the system. What do you mean by that?

prikker, Jan 6, 2017
  8. Cliff S New Member

Chrome v. Edge

It's built it, and PART of Windows.
    If you hack and get rid of it, you will probably kill Windows, it is part of the operating system, just like Internet Explore, which can be turned off(the UI and access to it), but not uninstalled, as it is part of Explorer, ie. File Explore needs it too for somethings.

All other browsers(3rd party) just sit on top of the OS and use it's API's(Application Programming Interface).

Cliff S, Jan 6, 2017
  9. prikker Win User
    I know, but I meant the benefits. Are there any if it's hooked into the system?

prikker, Jan 6, 2017
  10. Cliff S New Member
    Cortana/Windows search uses it, you don't need extra 3rd party software to view PDFs, HML, HTML and other files, and a few other I can't think of at the moment. Plus certain codecs for media are also included.

But if you mean just for surfing, like I said above, the OP can use both browsers if they want, it's a preference thing.

Cliff S, Jan 6, 2017
  11. I am an Edge Brower user only
    Does all that I want including You Tube and Netflix

hTconeM9user, Jan 6, 2017
  12. Hi:

"Boxers or briefs?"
    "Depends"

If you're not old enough to remember that, never mind.*Biggrin

I use neither. Firefox for default browsing. IE11 only when forced to do so. Despise Edge. No need for Chrome.

But, as previously mentioned, it's not "either/or". You may use different browsers.
    The only key is that it's important -- from a security standpoint -- to keep them all up-to-date, patched.
    The more browsers, the more "work" that can be.
    Win10 makes it pretty easy to keep IE11 and Edge (and even their version of Adobe Flash Player) updated.
    But you will need to keep your non-MS browsers and their plug-ins & extensions fully patched.

Because of its "sync" feature with everything Google, when Chrome picks up cooties, they can be particularly hard to fully eradicate.

Cheers,
    MM

MoxieMomma, Jan 6, 2017
  13. Doc943 Win User

Chrome v. Edge

+1 IE11 / Edge only when forced to by the site I need to view otherwise it's Opera.

Doc943, Jan 6, 2017
  14. pparks1 Win User
    I use Chrome on my Android phone, Windows boxes and my Linux boxes. But on my Mac, I actually prefer Safari. I have a tool that syncs my Safari and my Google Chrome bookmarks and such. Since IE and Edge don't work in so many of these areas, I just prefer to use other tools which do.

pparks1, Jan 6, 2017
  15. CountMike New Member
    What, no underwear !! Wearing Kilt ?

CountMike, Jan 7, 2017
Thema:

Chrome v. Edge

1. Chrome v. Edge - Similar Threads - Chrome Edge

2. Can't login to my yahoo mail account from my pc using edge, chrome, firefox or windows10...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't login to my yahoo mail account from my pc using edge, chrome, firefox or windows10...: Past few months I can't login to my yahoo mail account from my pc using edge, chrome, firefox or windows10 Yahoo app? It timesout and does let me enter my password. Or it tells me I've failed to access my account too many times and I need to wait an hour even thoughIhavenot...
  3. Can't login to my yahoo mail account from my pc using edge, chrome, firefox or windows10...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't login to my yahoo mail account from my pc using edge, chrome, firefox or windows10...: Past few months I can't login to my yahoo mail account from my pc using edge, chrome, firefox or windows10 Yahoo app? It timesout and does let me enter my password. Or it tells me I've failed to access my account too many times and I need to wait an hour even thoughIhavenot...
  4. Following last round of Win 11 auto-updates, Chrome disappears, Edge becomes 'default browser'!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Following last round of Win 11 auto-updates, Chrome disappears, Edge becomes 'default browser'!: Running Win 11 on a 2018 Lenovo ideapad 330S, with Chrome as the default browser for the last ~ 3 years, Win Defender as default AV.All critical and security updates are up to date, have never caused any issues before.Under update settings, had selected 'show notifications,...
  5. Following last round of Win 11 auto-updates, Chrome disappears, Edge becomes 'default browser'!

Following last round of Win 11 auto-updates, Chrome disappears, Edge becomes 'default browser'!: Running Win 11 on a 2018 Lenovo ideapad 330S, with Chrome as the default browser for the last ~ 3 years, Win Defender as default AV.All critical and security updates are up to date, have never caused any issues before.Under update settings, had selected 'show notifications,...
  6. Which browser is better? Chrome or Edge?

Which browser is better? Chrome or Edge?: Any feedback will be greatly appreciated.
  7. Chrome and Edge changing languages and bringing up the wrong web pages: Cookie limit problem?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Chrome and Edge changing languages and bringing up the wrong web pages: Cookie limit problem?: I do extensive web browsing. Typically I look up specifications, parts lists, locating software for various HP systems. Sometimes after two days or maybe after two week I have to clear cookies as my lookups change language. I can click on the same URL 2 or 3 times and either...
  8. Chrome and Edge changing languages and bringing up the wrong web pages: Cookie limit problem?

Chrome and Edge changing languages and bringing up the wrong web pages: Cookie limit problem?: I do extensive web browsing. Typically I look up specifications, parts lists, locating software for various HP systems. Sometimes after two days or maybe after two week I have to clear cookies as my lookups change language. I can click on the same URL 2 or 3 times and either...
  9. MS Edge - All downloaded files "contain a virus and were deleted". Google Chrome error when...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    MS Edge - All downloaded files "contain a virus and were deleted". Google Chrome error when...: I'm currently experiencing a problem when trying to download or save any files in Windows 10 from either Edge or Chrome. When trying to download a file in edge, I get the error "xxxx.pdf contains a virus and was deleted" - this happens for all files, regardless of source....
  10. MS Edge - All downloaded files "contain a virus and were deleted". Google Chrome error when...

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    MS Edge - All downloaded files "contain a virus and were deleted". Google Chrome error when...: I'm currently experiencing a problem when trying to download or save any files in Windows 10 from either Edge or Chrome. When trying to download a file in edge, I get the error "xxxx.pdf contains a virus and was deleted" - this happens for all files, regardless of source....