Windows 10: Chrome web pages appear as script/not formatted correctly

Discus and support Chrome web pages appear as script/not formatted correctly in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; [img] Havent seen this before. Im sure its a simple thing, or maybe more precisely I hope its a simple thing, but pages appear like the screen... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by rocks911, Feb 8, 2017.

1. rocks911 Win User

Chrome web pages appear as script/not formatted correctly

Chrome web pages appear as script/not formatted correctly [​IMG]

Havent seen this before. Im sure its a simple thing, or maybe more precisely I hope its a simple thing, but pages appear like the screen shot. When I refresh the page appears normally.

Ideas?

:)

rocks911, Feb 8, 2017
  2. Rickysapo Win User

java script

having trouble opening the hotmail web page, error mesg of java script appears

Rickysapo, Feb 8, 2017
  3. BulldogXX Win User
    www.spacenoodles.com

The web pages look fine in Chrome but Microsoft Edge doesn't display correctly. Someone who knows about coding web pages can probably help you.

P.S. Your website is great!

BulldogXX, Feb 8, 2017
  4. EdTittel Win User

CSS isn't working on the page showing, so you're seeing the default, text-level format for HTML. Normally this happens on a page-specific basis -- that is on some pages, but not others. It may just be a page load error because it goes away when you refresh. If this really bugs you, I'd advise uninstalling, then reinstalling Chrome. HTH,
    --Ed--

EdTittel, Feb 8, 2017
  5. Bree New Member
    I have seen this before - on other sites, with other browsers and with other versions of Windows. It's not you, it's the site's problem. Or rather, it's usually the content distribution network they use that's having a problem. What you are seeing is the basic html for that page, it has failed to download the accompanying .css style sheet that would normally format it nicely. As you have found, a refresh normally sort it out.

More on Content Distribution Networks from the leader in the field, Akamai.
    Content Distribution Network | Akamai

Edit: examining the page from your screenshot shows that the .css for that page is delivered by the Cloudfront CDN
    Amazon CloudFront - Wikipedia

Bree, Feb 8, 2017
  6. anticeon Win User
    Stop using two adblock

anticeon, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Chrome web pages appear as script/not formatted correctly - Similar Threads - Chrome web pages

2. web page blocked

in Windows 10 Customization
    web page blocked: I attempt to open Peets coffee ap and am told to contact administrator. I am the only one who uses the computer. who is administrator? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/web-page-blocked/7341d1be-6d3d-40c2-9031-6fd0f9ccac7c
  3. activation page not appear

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    activation page not appear: i newly buy a acer laptop along with windows 10, starting my lap is activated, after the initial updates it shows its not activated, i try to activate, the activation page in settings shows blank. please help me to activate my lap[ATTACH][ATTACH]...
  4. Web pages will not load on Edge or Chrome

in Windows 10 Customization
    Web pages will not load on Edge or Chrome: I have just purchased a new Computer and installed Windows 10/64 Pro on brand new m.2 drive never used before, I updated windows to the current Windows Ver 1803 build 17134.228 and from then on I cannot load any pages on Edge or Chrome. I am Computer literate and have done...
  5. Web pages not loading

in Browsers and Email
    Web pages not loading: Hi Some websites will not load on either Chrome, Firefox, Edge or Vivaldi. I have cleared the history and cache Tried both OpenDNS & Google DNS Full scan with Bitdefender AV, Malwarebytes Anti-Malware & Spybot Search & Destroy: nothing found Turned firewall off...
  6. Slow Web Pages.

in Browsers and Email
    Slow Web Pages.: Since I upgraded to Windows 10, my Web Pages are slow to react. Is there anything that I can do, short of installing more RAM, to speed up the Web Pages? Also, is there a list of Cortana Commands? I know "Open" and I just say what Web Page to go to. Is there a newer Version...
  7. Web Pages misaligned

in Browsers and Email
    Web Pages misaligned: I create simple web pages using Expression 4. Problem is some browsers dont allow settings. I create a tabled page, centred - <table align="center" cellpadding="4" class="auto-style2" style="width: 60%" cellspacing="1"> <tbody class="auto-style1"> <tr> <td...
  8. Web Site & Chrome

in Browsers and Email
    Web Site & Chrome: This is an image of a draft web site page (index.html) online via Chrome. Problem is the table is central not to the left and it wont go to where it actually is. I tried it in Edge, its was perfect, I tried it in IE, it was perfect, so why is Chrome showing it off to the...
  9. Using Edge, can I save a web page in ".mht" or an equivalant format?

in Browsers and Email
    Using Edge, can I save a web page in ".mht" or an equivalant format?: In IE, with one click I can easily save a web site page as a ".mht", which captures the entire web page (as opposed to a "snip" which gets only the part of the web view that is currently visible) plus the mht keeps any embedded links to other information open, which is...
  10. Slow Web Pages.

in Browsers and Email
    Slow Web Pages.: I am having problems with slow webpages. Is it Edge? I have been tempted to take my PC to a shop and have more RAM installed. I currently have 8 gigs of RAM. Maybe 16 gigs would speed it up. Could Edge be using a lot of RAM when running webpages? Sometimes I have problems...