Windows 10: Chrome web pages appear as script/not formatted correctly

Discus and support Chrome web pages appear as script/not formatted correctly in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; [img] Havent seen this before. Im sure its a simple thing, or maybe more precisely I hope its a simple thing, but pages appear like the screen... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by rocks911, Feb 8, 2017.

1. rocks911 Win User

Chrome web pages appear as script/not formatted correctly

Chrome web pages appear as script/not formatted correctly [​IMG]

Havent seen this before. Im sure its a simple thing, or maybe more precisely I hope its a simple thing, but pages appear like the screen shot. When I refresh the page appears normally.

Ideas?

:)

rocks911, Feb 8, 2017
  2. Rickysapo Win User

java script

having trouble opening the hotmail web page, error mesg of java script appears

Rickysapo, Feb 8, 2017
  3. BulldogXX Win User
    www.spacenoodles.com

The web pages look fine in Chrome but Microsoft Edge doesn't display correctly. Someone who knows about coding web pages can probably help you.

P.S. Your website is great!

BulldogXX, Feb 8, 2017
  4. EdTittel Win User

CSS isn't working on the page showing, so you're seeing the default, text-level format for HTML. Normally this happens on a page-specific basis -- that is on some pages, but not others. It may just be a page load error because it goes away when you refresh. If this really bugs you, I'd advise uninstalling, then reinstalling Chrome. HTH,
    --Ed--

EdTittel, Feb 8, 2017
  5. Bree New Member
    I have seen this before - on other sites, with other browsers and with other versions of Windows. It's not you, it's the site's problem. Or rather, it's usually the content distribution network they use that's having a problem. What you are seeing is the basic html for that page, it has failed to download the accompanying .css style sheet that would normally format it nicely. As you have found, a refresh normally sort it out.

More on Content Distribution Networks from the leader in the field, Akamai.
    Content Distribution Network | Akamai

Edit: examining the page from your screenshot shows that the .css for that page is delivered by the Cloudfront CDN
    Amazon CloudFront - Wikipedia

Bree, Feb 8, 2017
  6. anticeon Win User
    Stop using two adblock

anticeon, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Chrome web pages appear as script/not formatted correctly - Similar Threads - Chrome web pages

2. Web pages not opening correctly on either browser

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Web pages not opening correctly on either browser: This site can’t be reachedCheck if there is a typo in ___________________If spelling is correct, try running Windows Network Diagnostics.DNS_PROBE_FINISHED_NXDOMAINI get this error constantly, whether I am connected via wifi or hardline and in both edge and chrome. I also...
  3. Web pages not opening correctly on either browser

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Web pages not opening correctly on either browser: This site can’t be reachedCheck if there is a typo in ___________________If spelling is correct, try running Windows Network Diagnostics.DNS_PROBE_FINISHED_NXDOMAINI get this error constantly, whether I am connected via wifi or hardline and in both edge and chrome. I also...
  4. Computer appears to be correctly configured, but the web proxy is not responding

in Windows 10 News
    Computer appears to be correctly configured, but the web proxy is not responding: [ATTACH]In this post, you are going to talk about what you can do if you come across the error, Your computer appears to be correctly configured but the web proxy is not responding. when you run the Network Diagnostic Troubleshooter in Windows 11/10. The error message...
  5. Chrome Web page scrolls upon mouse click

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Chrome Web page scrolls upon mouse click: The mouse wheel is too sensitive and there is no way of reducing sensitivity. The slightest wheel movement sets off a scroll, It even scrolls when I don't turn the wheel. Furthermore, Whenever I click on a link or button on a web page of Chrome browser, Sometimes the page...
  6. Chrome Web page scrolls upon mouse click

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Chrome Web page scrolls upon mouse click: The mouse wheel is too sensitive and there is no way of reducing sensitivity. The slightest wheel movement sets off a scroll, It even scrolls when I don't turn the wheel. Furthermore, Whenever I click on a link or button on a web page of Chrome browser, Sometimes the page...
  7. Chrome Web page scrolls upon mouse click

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  8. Chrome Browser Makes a Mess of Some Web Pages!

in Browsers and Email
    Chrome Browser Makes a Mess of Some Web Pages!: I have the latest Chrome browser for my 64 bit Windows 10 pro. There are some pages that used to be fine but are now somewhat of a mess. Edge is fine so it is not the system. My wife can shop on Fred Meyer on her system and an item can be added to her cart OK, but on my...
  9. Chrome too laggy including web pages?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Chrome too laggy including web pages?: I have an 8GB ram laptop but all the browsers that I install are laggy like when I scroll the web pages or open new tabs it all acts as if I have a low end laptop. I have tried installing Chrome, firefox and Opera and all of them function the same. This is the only problem I...
  10. Web pages will not load on Edge or Chrome

in Windows 10 Customization
    Web pages will not load on Edge or Chrome: I have just purchased a new Computer and installed Windows 10/64 Pro on brand new m.2 drive never used before, I updated windows to the current Windows Ver 1803 build 17134.228 and from then on I cannot load any pages on Edge or Chrome. I am Computer literate and have done...