Windows 10: Chrome wont open sometimes, computer is odd on restart

Discus and support Chrome wont open sometimes, computer is odd on restart in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Sometimes, Chrome will not open. I can try to click on the icon, click on it from the start menu, or right click and try to open it. The mouse shows... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by kanrasan, Jun 3, 2016.

1. kanrasan Win User

Chrome wont open sometimes, computer is odd on restart

Sometimes, Chrome will not open. I can try to click on the icon, click on it from the start menu, or right click and try to open it. The mouse shows that it is loading for a few seconds, but then the mouse returns to normal and Chrome doesn't open. If I restart my computer, it works, but this is really annoying. It doesn't happen very often. Sometimes, I might be using Chrome and suddenly it won't load and pages start to crash, so I close the browser and attempt to open it again... this is usually when the problem occurs, but it can happen right after I turn on my computer. Other programs will open, but just Chrome doesn't work for some reason.

I'm not sure if this is normal or not, I might just be paranoid for all I know but I guess it could be worth mentioning. Whenever I restart my computer, it shuts down fine but it boots up a little oddly. It takes longer to boot up (I have an ASUS so it stays on the loading screen w/ the logo for a little longer) and usually a "please wait" message pops up before it lets me enter my password. This is not, however, a one time occurrence; it happens whenever I restart, so maybe its not really a big deal.

:)

kanrasan, Jun 3, 2016
  2. ShiroUO Win User

Windows 10 barley working.

I recieved a new HP laptop for my birthday January 26th. It has Windows 10 already installed and it updated recently. Since then everything has been acting strangley. Often times it has problems connecting the internet, none of the other devices I have
    havebhad this problem and prior to the update this wasnt happening like this at all. Sometimes it will be connevted to the internets and I'll get activity updates and weather but when I try using apps or programs that need internet it will act as if it is
    offline. Sometimes certain programs work like instant messagers but browsers wont.

I have both chrome and microsoft edge. Chrome woll often freeze up while edge will not connect to the internet even if everything else wprks.

Lastly sometimes when I try to open apps or programs they just wont open and I have to restart the computer.

ShiroUO, Jun 3, 2016
  3. Windows 10 barley working.

Not very long ago Microsoft had posted on their website a simple solution to this problem. Please restart your PC. Make sure you do not click on Shutdown but rather Restart in the Start Menu.

Richardf8892, Jun 3, 2016
  4. Chrome wont open sometimes, computer is odd on restart

Hi have you tried a Command Prompt Admin
    SFC /Scannow
    It will take some time to do
    How to do it is in my signature
    That may hopefully cure your problem
    Read how to do it before you run it.
    I did it yesterday on friend of mine laptop and it took about 20-30 mins and fixed 2 files that were corrupt.
    He was having same problem as you

hTconeM9user, Jun 3, 2016
  5. davidhk Win User
    This probably won't help, but no harm trying........
    How about uninstall Chrome > then re-install ?

davidhk, Jun 3, 2016
  6. kanrasan Win User
    Hey. Thanks for the response! Currently running the scan. *Smile

Edit: It didn't find any problems. What gives?

kanrasan, Jun 3, 2016
  7. Then you could try an in-place upgrade which leaves your files in tacked but does repair
    Again link in my signature

hTconeM9user, Jun 3, 2016
  8. davidhk Win User

kanrqasan,
    If sfc /scannow finds no corrupt files, then repair install will not help you either.

Have you tried using IE11 or even Edge as your browser and see if you have any problems ?
    If you have no problems, then your issue is Chrome itself.
    Have you tried to uninstall Chrome and then reinstall Chrome ?

davidhk, Jun 3, 2016
  9. I have been having the same problems with Chrome. Also two other browsers. I have noticed that the little circle that shows activity is going counter clockwise. After reloading several times all is well. However I also found that Edge loads right away?
    seems strange. I have also found that when the system sits idle that al is frozen and you have to do a restart to clear it up.
    Shipinomore.

shipinomore10, Jun 3, 2016
  10. kanrasan Win User
    I have tried and it worked for awhile but then the same problem occurs. Microsoft Edge would open and work just fine, but Chrome wouldn't load for some reason... I have tested Firefox to see if it would open and it did, but Chrome didn't. Weird.

kanrasan, Jun 4, 2016
  11. davidhk Win User
    I don't use Chrome. So I can't help you there.
    Sorry.

You did not mention IE11.
    Did it work for you ?

Anyway, until you find a solution to fix Chrome, you will have to use another browser for awhile.

davidhk, Jun 4, 2016
  12. kanrasan Win User
    I don't have IE11. But other browsers like Edge and Firefox worked, so I'd assume that would work too. I'm using Chrome right now, just sometimes it doesn't open for some reason, and all I have to do is restart for it to work, but I don't know why that happens in the first place if other browsers and programs are able to work fine. Thanks for the help, though.

kanrasan, Jun 4, 2016
  13. davidhk Win User

Not that it matters to you, but you do have IE11.
    Just for your information only......................
    Microsoft hides it under All apps > scroll to alphabet W > Windows Accessories > Internet Explorer is on the list.

davidhk, Jun 4, 2016
  14. kanrasan Win User
    Huh. The more you know, I guess. Luckily my issue isn't unheard of, but I still struggle to find a solution. :/

kanrasan, Jun 4, 2016
  15. davidhk Win User
    davidhk, Jun 4, 2016
Thema:

1. Chrome wont open sometimes, computer is odd on restart - Similar Threads - Chrome wont open

2. chrome wont open

in Windows 10 Gaming
    chrome wont open: Hi, My daughter can't use chrome because a family safety access is required. when I click on chrome, It says a request has been sent to the parent to grant access, but I don't receive any email or text to grant her access. Please I need help ASAP....
  3. chrome wont open

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    chrome wont open: Hi, My daughter can't use chrome because a family safety access is required. when I click on chrome, It says a request has been sent to the parent to grant access, but I don't receive any email or text to grant her access. Please I need help ASAP....
  4. Chrome wont open

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Chrome wont open: I just came back from a few days away and I cant get chrome to launch whatsoever. Any idea what might be causing this or how to resolve? I have already uninstalled and re-installed but still didn't wont. I cant even get it to show up in Task manager processes, wont run as...
  5. Chrome wont open

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Chrome wont open: I just came back from a few days away and I cant get chrome to launch whatsoever. Any idea what might be causing this or how to resolve? I have already uninstalled and re-installed but still didn't wont. I cant even get it to show up in Task manager processes, wont run as...
  6. Chrome wont open

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  7. Why is the window open sometimes in chrome

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why is the window open sometimes in chrome: So sometimes when i open chrome or have it open a new window of chrome with 2 tabs one just chrome start page and the other one that wants me to enter my password to login to microsoft. I think it could be happening because i have some extensions. Anyone that know why it does...
  8. Chrome crashing and wont open

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Chrome crashing and wont open: Hello, after the latest windows update Google Chrome won’t stay open for more than 5-10 seconds. It was all working fine 3 days ago, and the only difference is the windows update. I have tried everything related to chrome, uninstalling and reinstalling, deleting app data,...
  9. Google Chrome Wont open

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Google Chrome Wont open: I downloaded google chrome it worked for a few days then crash and now the it wont open at all. I press it and it appears to load but will not open. It wont open when trying to run as administrator and I cant uninstall it. It is saying it is still open somewhere....
  10. Chrome Wont Open

in Browsers and Email
    Chrome Wont Open: Hi , i installed Chrome ( try with Canary too ) , but when install all is fine , but when i reboot the PC , both Chrome or Canary wont open ( i open task process and the process is there ,i close it but no case ) , i try many things that i see in Internet but nothing get...