Windows 10: Chromecast - ethernet adapter - you can use 5GHZ wifi for clients

Discus and support Chromecast - ethernet adapter - you can use 5GHZ wifi for clients in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi there If you use Chromecast - great device too even if it is made by Google a drawback is that the wifi receiver in the Chromecast device is... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by jimbo45, Feb 13, 2016.

1. jimbo45 Win User

Chromecast - ethernet adapter - you can use 5GHZ wifi for clients

Hi there

If you use Chromecast - great device too even if it is made by Google a drawback is that the wifi receiver in the Chromecast device is limited to the 2.4 GHZ band which can get severely congested at times (so slow performance).

This little device is an Ethernet adapter for your Chromecast - so you can plug the thing straight into your router / cablebox via its LAN connection.

Now you can use 5GHZ band on your client devices -- much faster wifi experiemce - for example I'm getting absolutely no video lag accessing Chromecast using 5GHZ band with INTEL Dual band AC7265 wifi adapter built in to my laptop.

If you have 5GHZ band available on your router - especially in urban areas / large cities use it before "The masses" discover it. !!!

https://store.google.com/product/eth...for_chromecast

Cheers
    jimbo

:)

jimbo45, Feb 13, 2016

2. Dont quite understand wifi

I use an Ethernet connection and don't use WiFi at all. Even though I have all three toggle switches turned to OFF, for some reason the chromecast 9139 and the Xfinity WiFi indicates that their "open".

Is it possible for someone to tap into your computer while using an Ethernet connection and while having the chromecast and xfinity WiFi indicating that their "open" ?

RobertBerglund, Feb 13, 2016
  3. 'Mike P Win User
    internet 5 GHZ

Settings / Network / WiFi manage known networks - forget your current AP connection setting. Then choose to connect to your 5ghz wifi Access Point and save it.

In device manager, network adapter for the wifi nic may have a setting for 5ghz preferred, might set use that.

'Mike P, Feb 13, 2016
  4. Steve C Win User

There is a way of connecting Chromecast via hard-wired Ethernet at about 1/3 cost of Google's device by buying a couple of adapters from your local electronics store or Amazon. See https://productforums.google.com/for...st/xo_NDh5CZA8

I've just done this and it works fine.

Steve C, Mar 3, 2016
Thema:

1. Chromecast - ethernet adapter - you can use 5GHZ wifi for clients - Similar Threads - Chromecast ethernet adapter

2. Ethernet and Wifi Adapter freeze

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Ethernet and Wifi Adapter freeze: So I have a brand new computer 1 week I just built with an asus rog z790 maximus hero running Windows 11. I started noticing that the internet will just go out occasionally and I can not get back without a reboot, I have it wired to my 2.5g switch which is working fine as...
  3. Ethernet and Wifi Adapter freeze

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Ethernet and Wifi Adapter freeze: So I have a brand new computer 1 week I just built with an asus rog z790 maximus hero running Windows 11. I started noticing that the internet will just go out occasionally and I can not get back without a reboot, I have it wired to my 2.5g switch which is working fine as...
  4. PC can't connect to 5GHz wifi network. 5GHz is supported by the wifi adapter in my pc.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC can't connect to 5GHz wifi network. 5GHz is supported by the wifi adapter in my pc.: Hello, just got a new router that supports dual band 2.4g and 5g. I set it all up, the 5g works flawlessly on my phone and laptop but my desktop pc can't connect. I can see it in my wifi list but when type the password and hit connect, it is connecting for like 30 seconds and...
  5. PC can't connect to 5GHz wifi network. 5GHz is supported by the wifi adapter in my pc.

PC can't connect to 5GHz wifi network. 5GHz is supported by the wifi adapter in my pc.: Hello, just got a new router that supports dual band 2.4g and 5g. I set it all up, the 5g works flawlessly on my phone and laptop but my desktop pc can't connect. I can see it in my wifi list but when type the password and hit connect, it is connecting for like 30 seconds and...
  6. ralink rt3290 wireless 802.11bgn wifi adapter 5ghz

ralink rt3290 wireless 802.11bgn wifi adapter 5ghz: in my laptop wifi not connecting for adapter given below:-Ralink rt3290 wireless 802.11bgn wifi adapter 5ghzprovide me solution to solve issue pl....
  7. ralink rt3290 wireless 802.11bgn wifi adapter 5ghz

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    ralink rt3290 wireless 802.11bgn wifi adapter 5ghz: in my laptop wifi not connecting for adapter given below:-Ralink rt3290 wireless 802.11bgn wifi adapter 5ghzprovide me solution to solve issue pl....
  8. Cannot connect to 5ghz using ethernet

Cannot connect to 5ghz using ethernet: Hi, I recently finished my computer, and after some issues, i connected to my router using ethernet. I am on the 2.4ghz band, however, and don't have the option to connect to 5ghz. On my wireless adapter, I also only see the 2.4ghz band, but that is because the adapter is...
  9. Multiple instances of ethernet adapter created / DNS client using >50%

Multiple instances of ethernet adapter created / DNS client using >50%: The system OS: Windows 10 version 1909 PC: HP Envy Laptop CPU: Intel Core i7 5500U @ 2.40GHz RAM: 16.0GB Dual-Channel DDR3 @ 798MHz GPU: 2047MB NVIDIA GeForce 940M (HP) Running the paid versions of Avast and Malwarebytes. Both up-to-date. The problems 1: Recently, when...
  10. WiFi 5Ghz

WiFi 5Ghz: Just connected to the NBN (Optus) and received a Sagecom L: [email protected] HP Modem.Router. No problems there but my Toshiba Qosmio Laptop will not pick up the 5ghz band only the 2.4Ghz...All my other devices pick up the 5Ghz. I ran a cmd prompt netsh wlan show drivers...