Windows 10: Chromium - self installed

Discus and support Chromium - self installed in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Would appreciate your assistance! Have a friends laptop where Chromium installed on its own, and keeps popping up when the computer starts. Went... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by cottonball, Sep 27, 2017.

1. Chromium - self installed

Would appreciate your assistance!

Have a friends laptop where Chromium installed on its own, and keeps popping up when the computer starts.
    Went to Task Manager/Startup, and Disabled 3 entries of Chromium. However, they cannot be deleted.
    Next, found my way to C:\Users\*\AppData\Local\Chromium\Application, and deleted the folder and info there.
    Still, the 3 entries in Task Manger are not gone.

CCleaner does not see them. Chromium App is not listed in Programs and Features/Uninstall.

Any ideas of how the 3 entries in TM can be removed?

Thanks for your help. *Smile

:)

cottonball, Sep 27, 2017

2. Uninstall Chromium on Windows 10

Go to C:\Users\-user-\AppData\Local

It should be in there or if it made a desktop shortcut, right click it.

Then click on go to file location, after that delete all the files in that folder and the folder its self(chromium) not local

coltonweger, Sep 27, 2017
  3. DaveM121 Win User
    chromium

Chromium comes bundled on some cheap software and installs itself without user input . . . Chromium is extremely hard to get rid of . . . you can do it manually! Go to C:/Program Files, delete the Chromium folder if it exists Go to C:/Program Files(x86),
    delete the Chromium folder if it exists Click on Start - run, type %AppData% and hit enter Delete the Chromium folder Click on Start - run, type, type %LocalAppData% Delete the Chromium folder Delete the Shortcut

DaveM121, Sep 27, 2017
  4. Chromium - self installed

Look in Local and Local Low and Roaming as well.

Josey Wales, Sep 27, 2017
  5. Plankton Win User
    Try Revo Uninstaller and see if finds it, if it does, let it delete it and all of it's sub entries.

Plankton, Sep 27, 2017
  6. Thanks for the replies. I appreciate the help

Revo does not list it.

On the Local, Local Low, and Roaming, in AppData? OK Got them.

cottonball, Sep 27, 2017
  7. Sure first you have to have hidden files shown .

Chromium - self installed [​IMG]

Then go to C:\Users\XXXX\AppData and under App Data there will be three folders

Local
    Local Low
    Roaming

The XXXX will be the user name.

I hope you find it the only other method I know would be to hack through the Registry. If you have to do that back it up first.

Josey Wales, Sep 27, 2017
  8. Chromium - self installed

Thanks!! *Smile

Went thru the AppData, then backed up the two Registry keys below, and deleted any Chromium entries there:

HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run
    HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunOnce
    HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunServices
    HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunServicesOnce
    HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run
    HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunOnce
    HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunOnceEx

Entries are gone from Task Manager! *Smile Happy Camper!!

cottonball, Sep 27, 2017
  9. Glad that it worked for you!

Josey Wales, Sep 28, 2017
  10. Have a great weekend!!! *Wink

cottonball, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Chromium - self installed

1. Chromium - self installed - Similar Threads - Chromium self installed

2. Edge Chromium Extensions - Installing

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Edge Chromium Extensions - Installing: Hi, We have a third party extension I need to install into Edge, it works in Chrome but for some reason having an issue installing and enabling it in Edge Chromium. The CRX files in located in C:\Program Files (X86)\..\.. as we are not using the Google store etc.. Has...
  3. Chromium installed itself

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Chromium installed itself: When i tried to install adobe pro, chromium installed automatically and now i m not able to uninstall it. when i uninstall it says close all yahoo browser first. i didnt opened and installed it either...
  4. chromium

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    chromium: I have a problem with chromium software that slows down my computer performance and comes up every time I turn on my computer. I've tried various things to remove this software in addition it automatically uses my email without my permission this worries me because it...
  5. My Computer keeps installing Chromium.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    My Computer keeps installing Chromium.: Every time I uninstall it, a few hours later, the installation process starts again. Please help submitted by /u/Whoevien20 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/fs55h5/my_computer_keeps_installing_chromium/
  6. Offline installer for Chromium Edge

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Offline installer for Chromium Edge: Hello. I have a computer that has an air gap to the world, but I still have need of Chromium Edge. Where can I find an offline installer? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/offline-installer-for-chromium-edge/806ab7c7-cf1c-47d3-9dd4-35ea5dae06d6
  7. Chromium update does not install

in Browsers and Email
    Chromium update does not install: [img] After a window appears asking to update chromium. When the ok button is pressed another window pops up displaying the message : C:\PROGRA~2\Google\Chrome\APPLIC~1\780390~1.97\chrome.dll Access is denied. If I choose to refuse the update the Chrome window I had been in...
  8. Chromium update does not install

in Windows 10 Support
    Chromium update does not install: [img] After a window appears asking to update chromium. When the ok button is pressed another window pops up displaying the message : C:\PROGRA~2\Google\Chrome\APPLIC~1\780390~1.97\chrome.dll Access is denied. If I choose to refuse the update the Chrome window I had been in...
  9. chromium

in Windows 10 Customization
    chromium: Having downloaded some free software to write and copy cds/dvds.I find on startup before the desktop appears I have a page for chromium.I have tried to uninstall this but nothing happens.Any ideas....
  10. Self Installing Virus

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Self Installing Virus: Hi! I have this problem with my computer where this one program called Darkies.exe keeps installing itself even after me deleting it before. I found this program on my computer after it constantly kept starting up and opening up windows in which there would be an ad. I...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. chromium self installed