Windows 10: Cipher Error : The Request is not supported.

Discus and support Cipher Error : The Request is not supported. in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Upon trying to use Cipher to do some simple encrypting on my machine I have ran into some issues. [img] If I execute Cipher.exe from the Command... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by GenericUser2712, Aug 13, 2017.

1. Cipher Error : The Request is not supported.

Upon trying to use Cipher to do some simple encrypting on my machine I have ran into some issues.

Cipher Error : The Request is not supported. [​IMG]

If I execute Cipher.exe from the Command Prompt it seems to be functioning normally and subsequently lists all folders on the current directory with a U in front of them indicating that they are unencrypted, however, when I attempt to encrypt a directory ... or rather the files within it ... I get an error that reads " The request is not supported " beside each file listed in the directory and an overall summery that 0 files were encrypted.

I noticed that there is no Cipher.dll file on my machine, as according to some due diligence research, perhaps should have been. I located the only cipher.dll I could find, however, upon trying to register it I received an error that " the module was downloaded but the entry point DllRegisterServer was not found. I also found an update on Microsoft's website, (KB4032188), that claimed to resolve known Cipher issues, however, was unable to install it on my machine as it kept stating that the update was not applicable to the particular Windows 10 build I am running. I also tried to use TLS 1.0 only and still received the same error. Any ideas?

:)

GenericUser2712, Aug 13, 2017

2. "The Request is Not Supported " Error.

but it normal if i in safe mode.

is there any other option than re-install windows?

faridahmad93, Aug 13, 2017
  3. "The Request is Not Supported " Error.

Which Antivirus or security software do you have installed?

Try doing this in safe mode....

Open Start

Type: cmd

Right click CMD

Click Run as administrator

At the command prompt, type:

net user administrator /active:yes

Hit Enter

Close command prompt, restart, then try signing into the Administrator account.

Try creating a new account and see if that works...

https://www.groovypost.com/howto/create-manage-...

Andre Da Costa, Aug 13, 2017
Thema:

Cipher Error : The Request is not supported.

1. Cipher Error : The Request is not supported. - Similar Threads - Cipher Error Request

2. Error on Cipher Command

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Error on Cipher Command: Hi, there!I made a few attempts to encrypt a folder, but the command keeps on returning the same error message: "...The request is not supported".The folder I want to encrypt is located in a USB drive. Here's the command I've entered: cipher /e D:/TestThe entire path reads:...
  3. Error on Cipher Command

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Error on Cipher Command: Hi, there!I made a few attempts to encrypt a folder, but the command keeps on returning the same error message: "...The request is not supported".The folder I want to encrypt is located in a USB drive. Here's the command I've entered: cipher /e D:/TestThe entire path reads:...
  4. Error on Cipher Command

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. How to generate a CSR that supports ECDHE ciphers

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to generate a CSR that supports ECDHE ciphers: Been scratching my head on how I can generate a self-singed certificate in a server without a CA that will support these ciphers. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-generate-a-csr-that-supports-ecdhe-ciphers/b95faa84-46a3-4f91-b775-db9f49a31e63
  6. The request is not supported error.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    The request is not supported error.: Hi I am recently facing the request is not supported error when ever I start my laptop. On mostly all of the apps and software in my system. Like Xbox app or skype or teams with the error saying not supported or error and not opening up. Even my command prompt is not opening...
  7. "The request is not supported" error on cipher command

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    "The request is not supported" error on cipher command: Hi, i just want to secure my personal file on my PC using cipher command on cmd. Here i input the command: C:\Windows\system32>cd C:\Users\User\Desktop\Yada C:\Users\User\Desktop\Yada>cipher /e What i expect: Encrypting files in C:\Users\User\Desktop\Yada\...
  8. The request is not supported

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    The request is not supported: Recently I started experiencing an issue when I try to install setup files. I receive a message "the request is not supported". I have to install in "safe mode". Could this be the result of a recent "windows update"....
  9. request not supported

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    request not supported: i downloaded a file and i tried to run but a message comes up saying request not supported. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/request-not-supported/d0691f3d-68da-462a-8417-3f9a2fe45640
  10. Error 50: The Request is not supported

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Error 50: The Request is not supported: I noticed that Superfetch service is not loading any more even being set in "Auto". I tried manually to load it, but i get the error: Windows Could not start the superfetch on local computer. Error 50: The Request is not supported Windows 10 is up to date and i have...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. cipher cmd request is not dupported

2. im getting the request is not supported error while using cipher

3. cipher /k The request is not supported.

4. windows cipher errror the request is not supported,
  5. cmd cipher /e not supported,
  6. createkeypairwithcurvename request is not supported,
  7. activate cipher.exe [Err] The request is not supported,
  8. cipher the request is not supported,
  9. cipher request is not supported,
  10. cipher this request is not supported,
  11. hoz to fix cipher the request is not supported,
  12. cipher error the request is not supported,
  13. cipher the request is not support