Windows 10: Class not registered (explorer.exe)

Discus and support Class not registered (explorer.exe) in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I am going crazy at my laptop so if anyone can help I will be incredibly grateful. I will try to give you as much information as possible so you can... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by JayJay2018, Jul 30, 2018.

1. Class not registered (explorer.exe)

I am going crazy at my laptop so if anyone can help I will be incredibly grateful.

I will try to give you as much information as possible so you can narrow down the problem.

I have a HP Stream x360 11.6" 2 in 1 Laptop. I have basic applications installed such as;

Mail

Facebook

Microsoft Edge

Baidu PC Faster

4 days ago I attempted to access Facebook and the error "Class not registered" came up, the top of the error box said "explorer.exe"

Feeling fairly confident I could fix this myself, I did the following things to attempt to fix it;

SFC /Scannow in cmd

Ive tried un-registering the Dll file for explorer, then Ive tried registering it again.

Ive tried re-registering components in Component Services>Computers>My Computer>DCOM Config.

Ive tried editing the regdll file to re-register all of the dll files which took over 2 hours)

I tried setting my default apps but it wont allow me on it, I press it but nothing happens, and that happens with the Start menu as well. I cant get into apps and features like some google result said mainly because it doesn't exist, if it does exist it is called something else on this laptop.

I have even tried booting it in safe mode and doing the cmd runs to see if that makes any difference.

Any help will be much appreciated,

Thank you in advance.

From JayJay

:)

JayJay2018, Jul 30, 2018
  2. Riel Alc Win User

"class not registered" error

Hi Eddie,

For better assistance, are you getting the error with this specific file only?

We suggest checking this thread to resolve the "Class not Registered"
    error.

We're looking forward to your reply.

Riel Alc, Jul 30, 2018
  3. Class not registered for explorer

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I understand that you receive Class not registered error. We will help you to resolve the issue.

I suggest you to try the steps below and check if it helps.

• Press “Windows key + R” to get the run window.

• Type “services.msc” and hit ok to open the services window.
    Scroll down to find “Internet Explorer ETW Collector Service” and ensure to have this service started and check if this helps.

I also suggest you to perform SFC scan and check if it helps.

System File Checker (SFC) is a utility in Microsoft Windows that allows users to scan for and restore corruptions in Windows system files. Perform System File Check (SFC), and then check if this fixes the issue.

1. Press the Windows button + X on your keyboard, a mini dialogue box will appear.

2. Choose Command Prompt (Admin). You must run the command prompt in Administrator level.

3. On the command prompt type sfc /scannow and hit enter.

4. If everything went okay and no errors were found, restart your computer and see if the issue re-occurs.

Hope the information helps. Let us know if you need further assistance. We will be happy to help.

Thank you.

Krishna Prasobh V, Jul 30, 2018
  4. tonymyy Win User

Class not registered (explorer.exe)

class not registered error in Windows 10

Hi when I started my Acer laptop this morning I get the message explore. exe. Class not registered. The only tab on the taskbar that works is File Explorer. Any ideas?

tonymyy, Jul 30, 2018
Thema:

Class not registered (explorer.exe)

1. Class not registered (explorer.exe) - Similar Threads - Class registered explorer

2. Regsvr32.exe class not registered

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Regsvr32.exe class not registered: Hello, so today when i turn on my windows10 a pop up appear "C\windows\system32\regsvr32.execlass not registered" can someone explain why this is happening and how to fix it?...
  3. Regsvr32.exe class not registered

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Regsvr32.exe class not registered: Hello, so today when i turn on my windows10 a pop up appear "C\windows\system32\regsvr32.execlass not registered" can someone explain why this is happening and how to fix it?...
  4. Regsvr32.exe class not registered

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Class Not Registered Error

in Windows 10 Support
    Class Not Registered Error: Every time I try to open my steam game a get this error Imgur. I have a newly installed version of windows 10. 83870
  6. Windows Search: Class not registered

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows Search: Class not registered: Windows Search stopped working. The event log shows the entry: The Windows Search service terminated with the following service-specific error: Class not registered If I attempt to start the service manually, a MessageBox pops up and tells me to check the Event...
  7. Explorer.exe "class not registered"

in Windows 10 Support
    Explorer.exe "class not registered": I remember having made some changes in Windows/system32 andsysWOW64 where I changed the file extension of the file"ExplorerFramae.dll to BAK" in both the folders and also copied theold file "ExplorerFrame.dll" as before,in bothe folders which was doefollowing instructions on...
  8. "Class not registered"

in Windows 10 Support
    "Class not registered": I get this error message every time I click on a link. How do I fix it. Thanks for your help. 46143
  9. Explorer.exe Class Not Registered

in Windows 10 Support
    Explorer.exe Class Not Registered: I am running windows 10 x64, version 16299.64. On my standard local user account which I do not use often is the problem maker.......All the ModernApps and the Start Menu do not work..........A box with title 'Explorer.exe' and message "Class Not Registered" pops out.......
  10. "Class not registered" problem

in Windows 10 Support
    "Class not registered" problem: Hello, Each time I start my pc, get popup notice about some "Class not registered" with some microsoft internet address. The notice attached here. What is it and how to fix it. Answers will be appreciated. Thanks 94329
Tags: