Windows 10: Classic Shell 4.3.1 was just released

Discus and support Classic Shell 4.3.1 was just released in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Classic Shell View topic - Classic Shell 4.3.1 is released [Aug 12th 2017] Here’s what’s new:[FONT=&amp] Official support for the Creators Update... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Josey Wales, Aug 12, 2017.

1. Classic Shell 4.3.1 was just released

Classic Shell View topic - Classic Shell 4.3.1 is released [Aug 12th 2017]

Here’s what’s new:[FONT=&amp]
    • Official support for the Creators Update version of Windows 10
    • Added a setting to clear icon cache
    • Multiple minor improvements and bugfixes

Here is the detailed change log for Classic Shell 4.3.1:

New features in Classic Shell 4.3.1:
    ● New command in the Backup button of the Settings window to clear the icon cache without restarting the menu
    ● Alt+Enter keyboard shortcut to open Properties of Start menu items and jumplist items

Other minor changes and fixes in Classic Shell 4.3.1:

● Fixed an issue with the Start button in some cases appearing in fullscreen programs and games.
    ● Added a confirmation dialog when you cancel the changes made in Settings
    ● The Settings window remembers its maximized state
    ● Fixed the bug where <No Skin> was missing icons
    ● Fixed a crash where the search would crash if the programs tree in Windows 7 style was disabled
    ● Fixed the broken taskbar texture for Windows 10 Creators Update
    ● Fixed a bug where sometimes the jumplist items wouldn't work
    ● Fixed the broken Start Screen shortcut for Windows 8
    ● Fixed a bug where the taskbar color was wrong on Windows 8 if only the opacity was customized
    ● Fixed a crash when dragging an item from a submenu or a jumplist to the search box to pin it
    ● Fixed a crash with Windows 10 Creators Update when pinning UWP apps from search results
    ● Updated code signing certificate for this version

Previous release was Classic Shell 4.3.0
    New release can be downloaded from the source.

:)

Josey Wales, Aug 12, 2017

2. search box missing in task bar

I lose search bar and i try everything, and the best solution for me was install the tool Classic Shell 4.3.1, from www.fosshub.com/Classic-Shell.html. Recomend

Antunes Maia, Aug 12, 2017
  3. Teemosan Win User
    Microsoft Edge icon has gone invisible in Taskbar in Windows 10 v 1709

I used a third party app.

I installed Classic Shell 4.3.1 then pinned Edge to classic start menu. Once it was pinned to classic start, then right clicking Edge in the start menu gave options to:

- unpin from start

- unpin from classic start menu

- unpin from taskbar

I chose all three Classic Shell 4.3.1 was just released :)

goodnight and goodbye Edge ... thanks for coming out to play but it's still a no go for this round ... better luck next time in version 17-whatever.

Teemosan, Aug 12, 2017
  4. tracit99 Win User

Classic Shell 4.3.1 was just released

Hey Josey,

For some reason Auto Update is not seeing 4.3.1 yet. I had to manually update. Also the white text in your post is very hard to see.

tracit99, Aug 12, 2017
  5. The original text was grey. Grey on black does not work. It is the same text i always use. Is that better??

6. f14tomcat Win User
    f14tomcat, Aug 12, 2017
  7. dalchina New Member
    Hmm, that's a new one- is that exclusively for the Creator's build? I'm running the AU, and get
    The system administrator has set policies to prevent this installation

I just installed a couple of minor programs...

dalchina, Aug 12, 2017
  8. f14tomcat Win User

Not that I'm aware of. It's been out for eons, Ivo just updated a lot of stuff to make it fully CU compatible, but still works on all previous OS's. Unblock it? I don't know. Never had any issues with it.

f14tomcat, Aug 12, 2017
  9. I use it in The AU.

10. dalchina New Member
    Well, v4.3.0 would install ok- just not this latest one.

dalchina, Aug 12, 2017
  11. Run it as Admin. It should install.

12. dalchina New Member
    Tried that, thanks, also UAC off. No such issues with 4.3.0.

dalchina, Aug 12, 2017
  13. Classic Shell 4.3.1 was just released

Classic Shell 4.3.1 was just released [​IMG]

14. f14tomcat Win User
    Try the old trick (no guarantee), rename the installer with "MY_" in front of it. Used to do that when MS had "issues" with it.

f14tomcat, Aug 12, 2017
  15. prikker Win User
    4.3.1 won't install. I get an error message. But 4.3.0 works okay. Strange thing it's set to automatically check for updates, but when i check manually, it's says i have the latest update*Confused

prikker, Aug 12, 2017
Thema:

1. Classic Shell 4.3.1 was just released - Similar Threads - Classic Shell was

2. Classic shell

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Classic shell: Sorry if this has already been answered. I just got a Windows update, and now I lost my classic shell, and I really need it. I guess the update got rid of it. When I click on the start button, it just flashes. I have a new laptop and use Edge. Any help would be appreciated....
  3. Classic shell

in Windows 10 Support
    Classic shell: Sorry if this has already been answered. I just got a Windows update, and now I lost my classic shell, and I really need it. I guess the update got rid of it. When I click on the start button, it just flashes. I have a new laptop and use Edge. Any help would be appreciated....
  4. classic shell

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    classic shell: what is the purpose of classic shell ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/classic-shell/65de2760-eb0a-4c92-9b25-76aadb23625d
  5. classic shell configuration

in Windows 10 Customization
    classic shell configuration: hi , I turn on my HP laptop entitled Splitx2 and the following two things happen; 1. I get a message that says " classic shell needs to configure itself for new operating system." 2. When I hit ok on that screen then a next one pops up and says "ADministrator has...
  6. Classic Shell to Classic Start

Classic Shell to Classic Start: I've used Classic Shell since I upgraded to Windows 10. It has been a lifesaver. The developer stopped supporting the program a couple of years age, but someone picked up on it and developed a fork called "Classic Start". Classic Shell is still working fine for me, but is...
  7. classic shell

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    classic shell: 1.classic shell needs to configure itself 2. an administrator has blocked you from running this ap. I have an HP notebook and keep getting the above messages every time I use my laptop and I would like to continue to use classic shell, and have tried unsuccessfully to sort...
  8. ANN: Classic Shell 4.2.6 beta is released

ANN: Classic Shell 4.2.6 beta is released: Classic Shell 4.2.6 beta was just released. Download it from here: http://www.fosshub.com/Classic-Shell...etup_4_2_6.exe Here’s what’s new: Improved support for Windows 10 Redstone New feature for setting the taskbar color, texture, and text color Menu animations for the...
  9. classic shell

classic shell: Well it doesn't work on W10 9975
  10. Classic Shell 4.2.1 is released

Classic Shell 4.2.1 is released: Hey, everyone. I just released a new version of Classic Shell. Here’s what’s new: Improved support for Windows 10 The start menu searches modern PC settings for Windows 8.1 and Windows 10 Added new Midnight skin with dark background Added new flat Metro skin that uses...