Windows 10: Classic Shell on Win 10 - Twice the Fun!

Discus and support Classic Shell on Win 10 - Twice the Fun! in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Okay, I am not really attracted to the new Start Menu. So, I went ahead and installed the latest Classic Shell for Win 8. I didn't lose anything. It... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by badrobot, Oct 1, 2014.

1. badrobot Win User

Classic Shell on Win 10 - Twice the Fun!

Okay, I am not really attracted to the new Start Menu. So, I went ahead and installed the latest Classic Shell for Win 8. I didn't lose anything. It actually got better.
    Enjoy the short video.

[youtube]I9UJprCUYpI[/youtube]

:)

badrobot, Oct 1, 2014
  2. skip3119 Win User

Classic shell needs to configure itself for the new OS.

I have a computer running windows 10 (upgraded from Win 8.1), and I installed the "classic shell". It was fine earlier.

Now every time when I power up the computer, I see this message:

"Classic shell needs to configure itself for the new OS".

What to do?

How to avoid seeing the above message, or how to remove the "Classic Shell".

skip3119, Oct 1, 2014
  3. I have been using classic shell start menu but it has been removed by Win 10 update, is there an alternative ?

I have been using classic shell start menu but it was removed by Win 10 update,is there an alternative ?

Malcolm Rowland, Oct 1, 2014
  4. LittleJay Win User

Yup, went back to Classic Shell myself. *Biggrin

LittleJay, Oct 1, 2014
  5. I use Classic shell on my other PC's on 7 and 8 and even Vista. But to be fair I wanted to use the trial as it is for now. But a machine I upgraded from 7 to 10 with an inplace upgrade classic shell reconfigured itself and worked just fine before I uninstalled it.

Indianatone, Oct 2, 2014
  6. LEE
    Lee Win User
    Sorry, but I really like the Start Screen. . .tried the new menu, albeit just not my cup of tea.

7. smalltalk Win User
    Sorry, but I like new start menu so. I'd like to see a way to toggle to the tiles apps view Windows 8.1 style WITHOUT signing out.

I am a Start8 user on 8.1 and wonder if Star Dock will have any offerings for Windows 10?

smalltalk, Oct 4, 2014
  8. AddRAM Win User

AddRAM, Oct 4, 2014
  9. Clint Win User
    If it wasn't for Classic Shell I wouldn't be using 8,8.1,8.11 or 10.

Clint, Oct 4, 2014
  10. badrobot Win User
    To get instant access to all my apps/programs (and only my own apps) , I moved all my app shortcuts to a folder (I named "Programs") and pinned that folder to the start menu (using Classic Shell).

Classic Shell on Win 10 - Twice the Fun! [​IMG]

badrobot, Apr 3, 2015
  11. Vladimir Win User
    Nice. Both menus at the same time !

*Smile

Vladimir, Apr 3, 2015
  12. Chuck38 Win User
    Chuck38, Apr 4, 2015
  13. Dude Win User

I hope they add Win 8.1 start to it

14. Gary Win User
    I installed this and now I want to go back to the default to pin all my apps but When I remove classic shell, The start button does not work. Any Ideas?

15. badrobot Win User
    On what build?

badrobot, Apr 14, 2015
Thema:

1. Classic Shell on Win 10 - Twice the Fun! - Similar Threads - Classic Shell Twice

2. Classic shell

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Classic shell: Sorry if this has already been answered. I just got a Windows update, and now I lost my classic shell, and I really need it. I guess the update got rid of it. When I click on the start button, it just flashes. I have a new laptop and use Edge. Any help would be appreciated....
  3. Classic shell

in Windows 10 Support
    Classic shell: Sorry if this has already been answered. I just got a Windows update, and now I lost my classic shell, and I really need it. I guess the update got rid of it. When I click on the start button, it just flashes. I have a new laptop and use Edge. Any help would be appreciated....
  4. classic shell

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    classic shell: what is the purpose of classic shell ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/classic-shell/65de2760-eb0a-4c92-9b25-76aadb23625d
  5. classic shell configuration

in Windows 10 Customization
    classic shell configuration: hi , I turn on my HP laptop entitled Splitx2 and the following two things happen; 1. I get a message that says " classic shell needs to configure itself for new operating system." 2. When I hit ok on that screen then a next one pops up and says "ADministrator has...
  6. Classic Shell to Classic Start

Classic Shell to Classic Start: I've used Classic Shell since I upgraded to Windows 10. It has been a lifesaver. The developer stopped supporting the program a couple of years age, but someone picked up on it and developed a fork called "Classic Start". Classic Shell is still working fine for me, but is...
  7. classic shell

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    classic shell: 1.classic shell needs to configure itself 2. an administrator has blocked you from running this ap. I have an HP notebook and keep getting the above messages every time I use my laptop and I would like to continue to use classic shell, and have tried unsuccessfully to sort...
  8. Windows 10 Classic Shell

Windows 10 Classic Shell: Having recently upgraded from 7 Pro to 10 - I really missed the 7 Start menu! Downloaded the Classic Shell add-on program only 9.8mb. Suits me! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-classic-shell/5fa14830-8000-4ab8-b4c8-6fbc5407f262
  9. Help with Classic Shell.

Help with Classic Shell.: Hi guys, I've been using Classic Shell for a long time now, I believe several months if not the whole year. Yesterday, I got a major update for my system. Since then (Build 10586) there is one feature of CS that has been not working very well (I guess) and I cannot find...
  10. classic shell

classic shell: Well it doesn't work on W10 9975