Windows 10: Classic Shell Screwed Up My Computer

Discus and support Classic Shell Screwed Up My Computer in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I installed classic shell, played with it for a few minutes, didn't like it, so I uninstalled it. Now, my computer boots all the way up until it gets... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by vgkfan83, Aug 15, 2018.

1. vgkfan83 Win User

Classic Shell Screwed Up My Computer

I installed classic shell, played with it for a few minutes, didn't like it, so I uninstalled it. Now, my computer boots all the way up until it gets to the desktop. All it's showing is a black screen with the mouse cursor. It does the same thing when I boot into Safe Mode. What the heck is going on????

:)

vgkfan83, Aug 15, 2018
  2. MiltonHey Win User

Classic Shell

I have just started up my 32 bit computer for the first time since an update to Win 10 Pro.

I tried to open a document using the Classic Shell start menu only to be informed that Windows update has uninstalled Classic Shell.

This is unauthorised interference with my property and not acceptable, The Win10 start menu is inefficient and not as versatile as the old style menus.

I demand my Classic Shell be reinstated.

MiltonHey, Aug 15, 2018
  3. uninstalling Classic Shell

I upgraded to Windows 10 when it was first available at the end of June 2016. After a couple of months I decided to install Classic Shell. I have been trying recently to uninstall Classic Shell multiple times since but I still get the screen like Windows
    7. I have tried to install Classic Shell and then uninstall it with no luck. Do you have any suggestions on how I can get my PC back to Windows 10? Thanks for your help.

**Post moved by the moderator to the appropriate forum category.**

Mikeb55024, Aug 15, 2018
  4. Classic Shell Screwed Up My Computer

I don't want Classic Shell on my hard-drive.

Hi Nickolas,

Thank you for giving us an opportunity to assist you with the query.

Classic Shell is a freeware, formerly open-source software[4][6] for Microsoft Windows that restores several usability-oriented Windows user interface (shell) features, File Explorer features and Internet Explorer features which have been removed by
    Microsoft.

To uninstall Classic Shell, follow the below steps:

• Press Windows + X keys, and select Control Panel.

• Look for the Programs and Features.

• Click on the Programs and Features option to open it on a new window.

• Right-click on Classic Shell and choose
      Uninstall option.

Kindly let us know if you need any further assistance with Windows. We are glad to assist you.

Abdul_Malik, Aug 15, 2018
Thema:

Classic Shell Screwed Up My Computer

1. Classic Shell Screwed Up My Computer - Similar Threads - Classic Shell Screwed

2. Classic shell

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Classic shell: Sorry if this has already been answered. I just got a Windows update, and now I lost my classic shell, and I really need it. I guess the update got rid of it. When I click on the start button, it just flashes. I have a new laptop and use Edge. Any help would be appreciated....
  3. Classic shell

in Windows 10 Support
    Classic shell: Sorry if this has already been answered. I just got a Windows update, and now I lost my classic shell, and I really need it. I guess the update got rid of it. When I click on the start button, it just flashes. I have a new laptop and use Edge. Any help would be appreciated....
  4. classic shell

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    classic shell: what is the purpose of classic shell ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/classic-shell/65de2760-eb0a-4c92-9b25-76aadb23625d
  5. classic shell configuration

in Windows 10 Customization
    classic shell configuration: hi , I turn on my HP laptop entitled Splitx2 and the following two things happen; 1. I get a message that says " classic shell needs to configure itself for new operating system." 2. When I hit ok on that screen then a next one pops up and says "ADministrator has...
  6. Classic Shell to Classic Start

Classic Shell to Classic Start: I've used Classic Shell since I upgraded to Windows 10. It has been a lifesaver. The developer stopped supporting the program a couple of years age, but someone picked up on it and developed a fork called "Classic Start". Classic Shell is still working fine for me, but is...
  7. classic shell

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    classic shell: 1.classic shell needs to configure itself 2. an administrator has blocked you from running this ap. I have an HP notebook and keep getting the above messages every time I use my laptop and I would like to continue to use classic shell, and have tried unsuccessfully to sort...
  8. Classic Shell in 11082

Classic Shell in 11082: Using Classic Shell 4.2.5 and Window 11082 and I can no longer open the native Windows start menu from Classic Shell. When I click on Start Menu (Windows) nothing happens. Anyone else seeing this behavior in 11082? 35658
  9. Help with Classic Shell.

Help with Classic Shell.: Hi guys, I've been using Classic Shell for a long time now, I believe several months if not the whole year. Yesterday, I got a major update for my system. Since then (Build 10586) there is one feature of CS that has been not working very well (I guess) and I cannot find...
  10. classic shell

classic shell: Well it doesn't work on W10 9975

Users found this page by searching for:

1. classicshell screwed up startmenu