Windows 10: CldFlt causes PC to freeze when starting stream

Discus and support CldFlt causes PC to freeze when starting stream in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Whenever I try to stream on the HBO Nordic website, my PC freezes and I have to hit the reset button. I've isolated the issue to the CldFlt driver,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by steffeeh, Oct 9, 2017.

1. steffeeh Win User

CldFlt causes PC to freeze when starting stream

Whenever I try to stream on the HBO Nordic website, my PC freezes and I have to hit the reset button.
    I've isolated the issue to the CldFlt driver, event ID 7000 in the event logger.

On the linked thread below there are workarounds for similar issues (check the end of page 1 and beginning of page 2 in the link), however those issues are related to Windows starting up, and not a streaming services launching in a browser, hence their solution targets registry values concerning Windows boot, therefore why their solution may not work for me.
    To be clear: I have no issues until I'm in the browser and I start buffering a stream on HBO Nordic website - then it freezes.
    Small issue after upgrading to creator's update Solved - Page 2 - Windows 10 Forums

Here's the information of the event ID:
    Code: - System - Provider [ Name] Service Control Manager [ Guid] {555908d1-a6d7-4695-8e1e-26931d2012f4} [ EventSourceName] Service Control Manager - EventID 7000 [ Qualifiers] 49152 Version 0 Level 2 Task 0 Opcode 0 Keywords 0x8080000000000000 - TimeCreated [ SystemTime] 2017-10-09T20:43:49.911263700Z EventRecordID 35890 Correlation - Execution [ ProcessID] 784 [ ThreadID] 1436 Channel System Computer DESKTOP-AI7Q30I Security - EventData param1 CldFlt param2 %%50 43006C00640046006C0074000000 [/quote]

:)

steffeeh, Oct 9, 2017

2. Lagging in xbox app streaming

I am having a problem with game streaming on the xbox app. When on the xbox interface, it works fine with no lag, but when I start playing a game, the stream begins to lag. The most confusing thing about this is that it causes my computer to become unresponsive;
    when I hover my mouse over the stream, it would take 10-30 seconds for the interface to appear, and when I press the "stop streaming" button, the pc would sometimes freeze. It is also important to note that this is a very recent problem.

Macias_870, Oct 9, 2017
  3. Lagging in xbox app streaming

I am having a problem with game streaming on the xbox app. When on the xbox interface, it works fine with no lag, but when I start playing a game, the stream begins to lag. The most confusing thing about this is that it causes my computer to become unresponsive;
    when I hover my mouse over the stream, it would take 10-30 seconds for the interface to appear, and when I press the "stop streaming" button, the pc would sometimes freeze. It is also important to note that this is a very recent problem.

Macias_870, Oct 9, 2017
  4. steffeeh Win User

I really need help, don't leave me hanging *Sad

steffeeh, Oct 10, 2017
  5. steffeeh Win User
    I still haven't found a solution for this

steffeeh, Oct 13, 2017
  6. steffeeh Win User
    Once again, still no solution

steffeeh, Oct 16, 2017
  7. wich win 10 do you have installed? Anniversary update? the new Creators update?
    The error may also relate to the following error while starting the CldFlt service.

1. Open Registry Editor
    2. Go to: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\CldFlt
    3. Find Start registry REG_DWORD and modify its data by setting the value data to 3 from 2. Click OK

goldenstar87, Oct 17, 2017
  8. steffeeh Win User

Thanks for the reply! I'm on Creators Update. I've seen somewhere that this freeze was introduced with that update.
    I checked in the Registry Editor, but the Start registry was already set to 2.

EDIT: Nevermind I read your post wrong, I'll set it to 3 and see if that works.

UPDATE: Tried it, still freezes *Sad

steffeeh, Oct 18, 2017
  9. fdegrove Win User
    Hi,

You could try setting the registry value to 4. That should disable the service completely.
    If it does not resolve the problem then it may be caused by something else.

Cheers, *Wink

fdegrove, Oct 18, 2017
  10. steffeeh Win User
    I did some more googling and found that it seems to be linked to OneDrive, via the CldFlt service somehow. I didn't try changing the registry value to 4, but uninstalling OneDrive seems to work so far. I'll give a few days before concluding it as solved.

steffeeh, Oct 19, 2017
  11. steffeeh Win User
    UPDATE: The issue came back, so uninstalling OneDrive made no long term improvement. Changing the registry value to 4 didn't help.

I updated to Fall Creators Update, hoping it would have been patched. First time it worked without freezing, but after I restarted the PC I got back to square one again, and the freezing continues. I've tried toggling between registry value 2 and 4 again, with no luck.

Luckily I'm able to stream HBO without freezes on my laptop, so I guess I'll have to stick to that for now when streaming on that site.

steffeeh, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. CldFlt causes PC to freeze when starting stream - Similar Threads - CldFlt causes freeze

2. PC freezes when watching streaming shows.

in Windows 10 Customization
    PC freezes when watching streaming shows.: I have a Gaming PC with 12GB RAM, i7- AMD R9 GPU so i have plenty of power, I added SPEED FAN to check my CPU heat and it is at 102C. This keeps happening while I am watching a show on Peacock or You Tube. I have to hard shut down and restart. Are there any known issues...
  3. Freezing issue when streaming. No BSOD?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Freezing issue when streaming. No BSOD?: I've been having frequent freezing issues when streaming (Sometimes once an hour but more often once every ~4 hours) . My screens stay on but everything just locks up. Don't see a blue screen or error message either. But maybe it's just not visible? This started around 3...
  4. PC freezes and reboots when streaming to twitch or youtube

PC freezes and reboots when streaming to twitch or youtube: I've recently had issues streaming online with Twitch Studio or OBS Studio. After 30-45 minutes my pc will freeze then reboot. I can play without streaming all day without issues. I can even stream through steam or discord without issues. Here's what I know. The issue is...
  5. BSOD by cldflt

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    BSOD by cldflt: Hello forum, since 5 days i'm getting an BSOD if i'm working with OneDrive. In special, if i'm deleting folders from there. I have seen, that a MEMORY.DMP was created in C:\Windows, but it has 1,6GB. So i can see a chance to upload it there. What can i do? Greetings...
  6. PC Freezes on start

PC Freezes on start: My PC freezes every time I start it. I have to force a shut down and restart for windows 10 to start. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/pc-freezes-on-start/4d4c864e-28ff-4277-97fb-628ee93cde76
  7. Windows Update causes Start Menu to freeze PC

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows Update causes Start Menu to freeze PC: I have a Lenovo ThinkCentre PC with an Intel i7-2600, Nvidia GeForce GT 545, 16GB RAM, 500GB Samsung 860 EVO SSD + 2TB Seagate HDD that I installed a fresh copy of Windows 10 Pro 1909 and the most recent update causes the PC to freeze up when I open the Start menu or Settings...
  8. Windows 10 freezes when streaming

Windows 10 freezes when streaming: I have had my hp all in one pc for a year now and have always used it to stream Netflix and Spectrum TV. Last night when streaming Netflix my pc completely froze about 5 minutes in unable to ctrl+alt+del or anything, had to use power button to turn off then turn back on....
  9. Windows 10 freezes when streaming

Windows 10 freezes when streaming: I have had my hp all in one pc for a year now and have always used it to stream Netflix and Spectrum TV. Last night when streaming Netflix my pc completely froze about 5 minutes in unable to ctrl+alt+del or anything, had to use power button to turn off then turn back on....
  10. Why no CldFlt service?

in Windows 10 Support
    Why no CldFlt service?: I'm still trying to isolate the cause of frequent hard crashes. Studying Event Viewer (a daunting experience that never fails to depress me) shows a bunch of vague possibilities to pursue. One is Event ID 7000, "The CldFlt service failed to start due to the following...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. cldfltlog windows freeze