Windows 10: Clean Computer of on used files

Discus and support Clean Computer of on used files in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; What is best way to get rid of unused files,seems like a lot of stuff is left after a program delete. Will CCleaner work good for this? Thanks Z 48618 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by zplugger, Apr 27, 2016.

1. zplugger Win User

Clean Computer of on used files

What is best way to get rid of unused files,seems like a lot of stuff is left after a program delete. Will CCleaner work good for this?

Thanks Z

:)

zplugger, Apr 27, 2016
  2. Cyndiloob Win User

Can't find files I used to have on my computer

After I installed Windows 10 (which did go without a hitch), I lost files. I had accounts called Administrator, Cyndi and Gabbi. I always logged on as Administrator and had files saved on my PC under that account. Now, it only lets me log on as Cyndi
    or Gabbi and I can't find my files. How do I get them back?

Cyndiloob, Apr 27, 2016
  3. Can't find files I used to have on my computer

Hi,

Thank you for posting your question in the Microsoft Community.

Sorry to know that you are facing this issue.

You may sign out from the current user account, restart the computer and login to the computer as admin to check if that helps.

You can use the search box on the Start menu to find files, folders and programs stored on your computer.
    You're often likely to be looking for a file that you know is in a particular folder or library, such as Documents or Pictures. Browsing for the file might mean looking through hundreds of files and subfolders. To save time and effort, use the
    search box at the top of the open window.

On the Start screen, you can tap or click the
    Search button to open Search. Or if you have a keyboard, just start typing.

You can press the Windows logo key +S to open Search. To search for a file on your PC or OneDrive, press the Windows logo key +F. And to search for settings on your PC, press the Windows logo key +W.

Refer to this article to know more.

How to search:
    http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-8/search-apps-files-settings

Reply with the status of the issue and we will be glad to offer our assistance.

Srimadhwa B, Apr 27, 2016
  4. dalchina New Member

Uninstalling programs? Note that cleaning up AFTER you've uninstalled the program is a different matter.

I like Geek uninstaller (free) which does a pretty quick scan of leftovers after deletion. It also is fast to launch, listing all installed faster than Win 10's list.

Revo uninstaller is the best known - free and commercial.
    Comparison here:
    Revo Uninstaller - compare prices & features

Note the forced uninstall- where the uninstaller is broken, or maybe there are partial elements of the program remaining, and the monitoring mode.

I've not used Ccleaner to uninstall programs, but it doesn't seem to offer a scan according to this:
    Piriform - Uninstalling programs

dalchina, Apr 27, 2016
  5. zplugger Win User
    Thanks will give it a try

zplugger, Apr 27, 2016
  6. CCleaner is great for cleaning up the registry after uninstalling a program, but it doesn't help with orphan files left behind. It's a great tool, but you'd likely need something else such as what was suggested. Using something like Revo, and then CCleaner would grab everything (in theory) left behind.

DeaconFrost, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Clean Computer of on used files - Similar Threads - Clean Computer used

2. wipe computer clean?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    wipe computer clean?: I have a new computer and I need to know how to clean off all the files. Thank you. It is a PC https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/wipe-computer-clean/67ec7867-b919-4832-afe0-e97cd38e292e
  3. wipe computer clean?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    wipe computer clean?: I have a new computer and I need to know how to clean off all the files. Thank you. It is a PC https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/wipe-computer-clean/67ec7867-b919-4832-afe0-e97cd38e292e
  4. Removing files by cleaning storage for use

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Removing files by cleaning storage for use: For a school laptop from Microsoft when I want to factory reset it should I click on remove everything and clean, will this make the laptop like I just brought it new to set up and it will work even though it says use for recycling, I would still be able to use it again...
  5. Removing files by cleaning storage for use

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Removing files by cleaning storage for use: For a school laptop from Microsoft when I want to factory reset it should I click on remove everything and clean, will this make the laptop like I just brought it new to set up and it will work even though it says use for recycling, I would still be able to use it again...
  6. Clean computer

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Clean computer: I need to clean my computer because the scammers got me yesterday with the fake support numbers. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/clean-computer/2c8b8626-a1a4-46ab-b079-25e145164e02
  7. Clean computer

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Clean computer: Got scammed and does anybody know how to reset computer. Afraid of Key Loggers. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/clean-computer/139c8900-7dcb-4241-bb75-2553c1cf9499
  8. File transfer and cleaning a computer

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    File transfer and cleaning a computer: How do I transfer files from an old computer to a new one - photos, documents, etc. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/file-transfer-and-cleaning-a-computer/d6646d1b-5eef-446b-9f71-02803ab49360
  9. cleaning out computer

in Windows 10 Customization
    cleaning out computer: I am giving away a notebook computer and a streaming notebook and want to clear my personal information before I do so. How do I do it? Both have Windows 10....
  10. Clean wipe a computer

in Windows 10 Support
    Clean wipe a computer: Hello, I would like to give away my old computer which is still working with windows 10 pro, but as you know from my previous posts, it fed me a lot of troubles. But first I want to "clean" all my documents, passwords kept on google chrome browser, pictures and videos, etc....