Windows 10: Clean insatll on a New SSD?

Discus and support Clean insatll on a New SSD? in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I'm about to do a clean install of Windows 10 pro 64bit on to a new SSD I just received in the mail and wondering how I will be able to activate it? I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by seek, Dec 3, 2015.

1. seek Win User

Clean insatll on a New SSD?

I'm about to do a clean install of Windows 10 pro 64bit on to a new SSD I just received in the mail and wondering how I will be able to activate it? I originally did an upgrade from Win7 Pro to Win10 pro and then a clean install from there back when Win10 pro first became available. I read that I can use the Windows Key on the back of my laptop but I'm not sure that will work because it's a whole new SSD.

-Thanks!

:)

seek, Dec 3, 2015
  2. abhhii Win User

in nokia c6-01 unable to install qt mobility 1.1.3 and qtwebkit 4.7.3

fMobi_v1.3.1_S^3 .this is the at apps that need qt ,qt mobility and webkit but while insatling it saying qt is missing continue .i continue and it insatlled but when i run it ..it not showing any response.

abhhii, Dec 3, 2015
  3. DaveStory Win User
    Just insatlled the new update on my HTC Mozart, but no new features have appeared?

Just insatlled the new update on my HTC Mozart, but although the phone and Zune say I have the lastest update no new features appear to be working, or exist! I installed the update without a hitch so what's gone wrong?

Please help Windows Phone team!

DaveStory, Dec 3, 2015
  4. WHS
    whs Win User

You can use the key on the back on your laptop - also with a SSD. But that will only work with the Windows release with which the Laptop originally came. It should say on the back of the laptop.

5. topgundcp Win User
    Your current Windows 10 is already activated and registered with MS Server. Replacing with a brand new SSD does not affect anything. Just do a fresh install. When asked to enter product key, just click on "Skip this step" or "Do it later".
    Windows should be activated once done.

topgundcp, Dec 3, 2015
  6. seek Win User
    You sure? I heard it will not activate with any new hardware installed...

seek, Dec 3, 2015
  7. topgundcp Win User
    Windows will not activate if you replace the Motherboard. Any other hardware is OK.

topgundcp, Dec 3, 2015
  8. seek Win User

Ok, Thank you... You saved me a lot of time.

seek, Dec 3, 2015
  9. topgundcp Win User
    If you've already have the fresh install of Windows 10 on your current HD. To save time re-installing all the third party programs, you can use: Macrium Reflect Free to create a backup image of your current Windows 10 to an external HD then restore to the new SSD.

topgundcp, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Clean insatll on a New SSD? - Similar Threads - Clean insatll SSD

2. New SSD not recognized on clean windows download

in Windows 10 Gaming
    New SSD not recognized on clean windows download: So the other day I bought a new SSD for my rog m16 laptop because I got a s.m.a.r.t. statud bad issue. When trying to install windows onto the new SSD I was unable to find it, however the bios seems to recognize the SSD. I already tried pressing shift + f10 however the SSD is...
  3. Clean Install Windows on New SSD

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Clean Install Windows on New SSD: Hello I've currently got HDD running on my laptop with os and games,but I wanted to upgrade SSD and clean install windows 10 on it, without losing games which are over 500 gigs of worth, I don't want to re-download them again on slow internet connection it will be...
  4. Clean Install Windows on New SSD

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Clean Install Windows on New SSD: Hello I've currently got HDD running on my laptop with os and games,but I wanted to upgrade SSD and clean install windows 10 on it, without losing games which are over gigs of worth re-downloading on them on 1mbps connection will be frustrating,I want to remove OS partition...
  5. Clean Install Windows on New SSD

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Clean Install Windows on New SSD: Hello I've currently got HDD running on my laptop with os and games,but I wanted to upgrade SSD and clean install windows 10 on it, without losing games which are over gigs of worth re-downloading on them on 1mbps connection will be frustrating,I want to remove OS partition...
  6. Clean install to new SSD

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Clean install to new SSD: I just purchased a SSD to replace my HDD and I am trying to install windows 10 on the new SSD. I have the key, and the cloning didn’t work for me. I am just looking for a fresh new install on the new SSD so I can remove the old HDD. Any and all help is greatly appreciated....
  7. Clean Install of Windows 10 on new SSD

Clean Install of Windows 10 on new SSD: Howdy, I want to do a nice fresh install of Windows 10 on a brand new SSD but am just a bit confused on how I should go about it and what it entails. To be specific, I have 4 drives (2 HDD, 2 SSD) in my PC and was wondering if the data is kept on the other 3 drives (that...
  8. Clean install of a new SSD

in Windows 10 Support
    Clean install of a new SSD: I recently installed a new ssd for my OS, some a game and some programs off a USB stick. Now I have a two system reserved (D:) and (E:) with nothing in them, I'm assuming there is some hidden files but I'.m curious if I can delete them to regain the little bit of space (I...
  9. Clean install of 10 on new SSD

Clean install of 10 on new SSD: I am about to get a new 240Gb SSD and have been advised to clean install Windows 10 on it. This SSD will replace a SATA HDD in my existing computer running Windows 8.1. I know that I qualify for the free upgrade; I have the "Get 10" icon on my task bar. My first question...
  10. Clean install on new SSD

Clean install on new SSD: Hello Everyone, I intend to buy a new SSD in the coming weeks, not sure if its a Samsung Evo 250, or 500 GB drive, To install windows 10, I plan to do a Fresh Clean install of windows 10 on the new SSD, I have seen so many ways on this Forum, on the best way to do a Clean...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. insatling was up on my phone