Windows 10: Clean install after OEM upgrade - This device doesn't have a valid dig

Discus and support Clean install after OEM upgrade - This device doesn't have a valid dig in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Last year I upgraded my laptop's Windows 7 Home to Windows 10 and didn't have any problems. Recently, I messed up my system while editing some... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by maja, Jul 6, 2016.

1. maja Win User

Clean install after OEM upgrade - This device doesn't have a valid dig

Last year I upgraded my laptop's Windows 7 Home to Windows 10 and didn't have any problems. Recently, I messed up my system while editing some partitions and decided to go with a new clean install of the system believing that the hardware would bring its authorization over to the new installastion. I downloaded and installed the most recent European (no media app) image.

After installation all I can see is this:

Clean install after OEM upgrade - This device doesn't have a valid dig [​IMG]

and I ended up reading this post. As suggested, I tried to execute:

slmgr.vbs -ipk TX9XD-98N7V-6WMQ6-BX7FG-H8Q99

in an adminstrator-level command prompt, but I got this error:

Clean install after OEM upgrade - This device doesn't have a valid dig [​IMG]

how should I proceed? I read elsewhere that I may have to re-install Windows 7, activate it and then upgrade. How can I obtain an authenticated operating system again?

(I still have my Windows 7 activation key).

:)

maja, Jul 6, 2016
  2. maja_ldm Win User

Clean install after OEM upgrade - This device doesn't have a valid digital eintitlement

I'm in Europe right now, but I was in Asia when Iupgraded to WIndows 10. I will try the complete version.

maja_ldm, Jul 6, 2016
  3. Clean install after OEM upgrade - This device doesn't have a valid digital eintitlement

Do you live in Europe?

Because the edition listed as install is Windows 10 Home N

N editions are only for European customers and cannot be activated using US English product keys.

I suggest you download and reinstall the non N edition if you are not in Europe.

Step 1:
    How to download official Windows 10 ISO files

Step 2:
    How to: Perform a clean install of Windows 10

Andre Da Costa, Jul 6, 2016
  4. simrick Win User

Hi.
    Is this because you went from W7Home to W10Home, and now you've installed W10Home-N? Once a system has been upgraded AND activated, you can clean install as many times as you want/need, but the activation is for that edition only, not a different edition.

simrick, Jul 6, 2016
  5. maja Win User
    I'm in Europe right now, but I was in Asia when Iupgraded to WIndows 10. I will try the complete version.

maja, Jul 6, 2016
  6. simrick Win User
    Sounds good. Let us know how it goes. *Smile

simrick, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Clean install after OEM upgrade - This device doesn't have a valid dig - Similar Threads - Clean install OEM

2. Ethernet doesn't have a valid IP

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Ethernet doesn't have a valid IP: I work from home, but lately I've been having issues with my internet dropping. I keep getting this message that the ethernet doesn't have a valid IP, but I never had this issue until anout month or so ago. What can I do to fix this? It's been making working from home very...
  3. OEM Pre-installed Windows or Clean install?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    OEM Pre-installed Windows or Clean install?: I want to reinstall my device. Should I download Recovery from the Manufacturer's website OR simply from the Microsoft's site??? Which is best and why??? Performance or stability related Thnx...
  4. Windows 10 OEM Clean Install

Windows 10 OEM Clean Install: I currently have windows 10 home. If I were to install an OEM version of windows 10 pro, would I have to do a clean install? I've read online that you have to do a clean install if you had windows 7 or 8.1, but do you have to if you already have windows 10? tldr; Already...
  5. doesn't have a valid IP configuration

doesn't have a valid IP configuration: Unable to get internet connection via LAN or WiFi. All other machines on the network connect fine. Troubleshooter shows: "Wi-Fi" doesn't have a valid IP configuration "Ethernet" doesn't have a valid IP configuration I've tried: 1. Troubleshooter (as above) 2. Reset...
  6. Clean install after upgrading to W10?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Clean install after upgrading to W10?: It appears that I have to upgrade install w10 to get the free W10. After that, is it possible to clean install the W10 in place of the W10 install upgraded from W7 or W8.1? 9204
  7. Doesn't have a valid IP configuration

Doesn't have a valid IP configuration: Hello all. I've been having the above issue at different times and it is getting a bit irritating to restart the modem(router). How can I permanently fix it so that my internet can be online 24/7 without me having resetting the box? And how come it says that I have...
  8. Windows 10 upgrade or clean install - Retail vs OEM?

Windows 10 upgrade or clean install - Retail vs OEM?: Hi New here - sorry if not in right section. Basically, I have a fresh unused Win 8.1 (non pro) retail boxed licence that I'm thinking of using to get Windows 10 Home before the free upgrade expires. I was thinking of performing a clean install of Win 10 and activating...
  9. Clean Install after upgrade

Clean Install after upgrade: I got a legit copy of windows 7 and i did the update to windows 10, but my PC seems slow and it seems like there is a lot of junk and left over files... idk, i want to do a clean install, but i dont want to loose my genuine copy of windows. also, i have about 1tb of games...
  10. clean reinstallation on OEM machine and possible upgrade

clean reinstallation on OEM machine and possible upgrade: Hi I may have to get a new laptop (see other thread in General...). When I buy a laptop with an OEM (home) version of windows 10 can I do a clean reinstall by using the media creatiom tool/iso route using the OEM key? Can the OEM Home version of Windows 10 be...