Windows 10: clean install after rolback

Discus and support clean install after rolback in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I tried win 10 last year because of the free upgrade and didn't like it so I rolled back to win 7. now I would like to give win 10 another chance but I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by monkEpope, May 18, 2016.

1. monkEpope Win User

clean install after rolback

I tried win 10 last year because of the free upgrade and didn't like it so I rolled back to win 7. now I would like to give win 10 another chance but I want to install as a dual boot config with win 7. I have already created the media and partitioned my hard drive. my question is will the win 10 activation (product) key from the much earlier upgrade and subsequent rollback still be valid for a clean install on the new partition?

:)

monkEpope, May 18, 2016

2. I want to rollback from Windows 10 pro to Windows 10 home

I want to rolback from windows 10 pro to widows 10 home

* Moved from Insider

elshaikhali1, May 18, 2016
  3. TheBergs Win User
    Can you go back to Windows 10 after already rolling back to Windows 7 from Windows 10?

Yea I was asking but I think I will rolback to Win 7. Then try it again. But thank you!!

TheBergs, May 18, 2016
  4. NavyLCDR New Member

Without an additional license for Windows, it violates the EULA to dual boot, and, thus, violates forum rules to discuss it. You currently have one license for Windows and that means 1 install.

Activation in Windows 10 - Windows Help

NavyLCDR, May 18, 2016
  5. davidhk Win User
    Reading the OP's post, one question comes to mind.................

When did we start getting the digital entitlement, this year or last year ?

Thank you.

I mean that if I upgraded from Win 7 or Win8 to Win 10 and activated on July 29th last year, then went back to Win 7 or Win 8 , do I still get the digital entitlement ?

davidhk, May 18, 2016
  6. NavyLCDR New Member
    Builds 10240 and 10586 save digital entitlements to the Microsoft activation servers when they upgrade from a previously activated Windows 7/8/8.1. Now there was a period of time for two or three weeks when the digital activations got messed up on their servers and users were not able to activate subsequent clean installs.

NavyLCDR, May 18, 2016
  7. davidhk Win User
    Well, in that case, shouldn't it be ok for the OP to re-install Win 10 in a separate partition without the use of his Win 7 key ?
    From what I read, he is digital entitled.

quote : I tried win 10 last year because of the free upgrade ............

davidhk, May 18, 2016
  8. NavyLCDR New Member

Not legally. The digital entitlement comes from the upgrade of Windows 7. You can't run both the upgrade OS and the OS that it came from at the same time. Buy a second license if you want to do it legally. The upgrade does not grant a second license to run Windows - it grants an extension of the previous license to run the new version - but it is still a license for only one instance of Windows.

NavyLCDR, May 18, 2016
  9. davidhk Win User
    OK. Thanks.
    I thought it was ok as long as it was reinstalled in the same computer.

davidhk, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. clean install after rolback - Similar Threads - clean install rolback

2. Clean installation of Windows after linux installation

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Clean installation of Windows after linux installation: Hi,I have recently bought acer nitro 5 AMD variant, and also got windows 11 update on October.I enthusiastically updated Windows 11 without thinking it through,after updating, I was here and then getting BSOD error. I ignored them.two days back, I was getting continuous BSOD...
  3. BSOD after clean installation

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD after clean installation: Hello all, So i installed windows 10 on new ssd , and it stuck into BSOD loop. Kmode exception not handled is code . Updated all drivers, still getting BSOD. In Safe Mode , it runs ok. OS build 19043.928 , version 21H1 182704
  4. Activating after clean install

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Activating after clean install: Hello, i have an oem license key and i want to know if i wnsted to clean install woyld i need to re enter the key or would it automatically activate? ***moved on english forum***...
  5. freezing after clean install

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    freezing after clean install: I reset my computer/clean install (or thought I did lol) it ran all thru it but now it freezes during set-up. I am not very tech savy at all, so please if you can help me.I dont know how to get to safe mode or anything. I am currently using a chromebook :( I miss my windows...
  6. BSOD after clean install

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD after clean install: Hello, please help me out: 1. My PC was frequently rebooted after waking up from hibernate. I have disabled the hibernation, it starts rebooting from sleep. No BSOD, just reboot after 2-3 minutes of trying to wake up. 2. I have formatted my SSD and installed Win10 from...
  7. No activation after clean install

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    No activation after clean install: I upgraded Windows 8.1 Pro to Windows 10 Pro. All went well and it showed as activated. Today I did a clean install and all went well. However, after clean install it shows it is not activated and they want money for a key. What is going on? 13573
  8. Activation after clean install.

Activation after clean install.: I have an older laptop which was given to me. It started out life as XP ! - but it now has windows 10 and was running quite happily until the creators update trickled down. I have tried everything to upgrade but it always fails. I am thinking a totally fresh install would...
  9. Clean Install after upgrade

Clean Install after upgrade: I got a legit copy of windows 7 and i did the update to windows 10, but my PC seems slow and it seems like there is a lot of junk and left over files... idk, i want to do a clean install, but i dont want to loose my genuine copy of windows. also, i have about 1tb of games...
  10. After a clean install

After a clean install: I'm planning on a clean install of Win 10 to a new SSD. There's good info on that process in the forum....but I can't find out how to handle the old C: drive when a new C: (SSD) appears. I understand that when installing I should unplug all the drives except the SSD and the...