Windows 10: Clean install after upgrading to W10?

Discus and support Clean install after upgrading to W10? in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; It appears that I have to upgrade install w10 to get the free W10. After that, is it possible to clean install the W10 in place of the W10 install... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by churin, Jul 28, 2015.

1. churin Win User

Clean install after upgrading to W10?

It appears that I have to upgrade install w10 to get the free W10. After that, is it possible to clean install the W10 in place of the W10 install upgraded from W7 or W8.1?

:)

churin, Jul 28, 2015

2. Clean Install After Upgrading to Windows 10

Yes I did buy the versions of Windows I have. The version of 8.1 Pro that I had installed prior to the upgrade was purchased and it was not preinstalled. I upgraded from a purchased version of Windows 7 Pro.

ErnestReardon, Jul 28, 2015
  3. ArkEngel Win User
    After upgrading to Windows 8 (Clean install) a shared and editable file on my SkyDrive will not allow editing on our HTC 8X now.

There's a chance during re-syncing the file became corrupt.

Have you tried Save Copy As and reshare the file with your wife to see if it works?

If it does then you can delete the original and start working on that one again.

Hope this helps.

ArkEngel, Jul 28, 2015
  4. Brink
    Brink New Member

Brink, Jul 28, 2015
  5. spanky Win User
    Hi Brink ,

I am just wondering if there has been any more news regarding this question ?

spanky, Aug 14, 2015
  6. Brink
    Brink New Member
    Hello Spanky, *Smile

Can I reinstall Windows 10 on my computer after upgrading with free upgrade?

Once you’ve upgraded to Windows 10 using the USB drive or DVD, and use that to upgrade your device or reinstall after you’ve upgraded.

You do not get a product key with the free upgrade of Windows 10.

The activation for the free offer of Windows 10 is registered on the Microsoft activation servers, and is referenced by the hardware (motherboard/CPU/graphics card) of the PC it was upgraded on.

https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/1...n-install.html

Brink, Aug 14, 2015
  7. spanky Win User
    Hi Brink ,

Thank you for your prompt reply .

spanky, Aug 14, 2015
  8. Brink
    Brink New Member

You're most welcome. *Smile

Brink, Aug 14, 2015
  9. churin Win User

Microsoft quietly rewrites its activation rules for Windows 10

In-place upgrade(using W10 ISO on installed W7 or W8.1) allows clean install of W10. During this process, entering product key is to be skipped and the W10 is automatically activated.
    Unlike the above there seems to be no clean install option for online upgrade process, thus in this case, clean install can be done only after the upgrade installation is completed.

churin, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Clean install after upgrading to W10? - Similar Threads - Clean install upgrading

2. installing W10 shortly after clean instal of W8.1 (no drivers/updates)

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    installing W10 shortly after clean instal of W8.1 (no drivers/updates): Hi, in the past 4 years I've been running a laptop from msi with preinstalled win8.1 (its an msi GT72-2QD with GTX 970M and i7-5700HQ, UEFI-BIOS). Today i decided to make a clean instal of Win8.1 using an ISO from eightforums.com (TechBench by WZT): Windows 8 and Windows...
  3. Can I activate after clean install when using W10 upgrade ISO?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Can I activate after clean install when using W10 upgrade ISO?: I am in the process of updating my desktop to W10 from W7. I have installed W10, but it will not activate. Here are the steps I have taken. I downloaded the W10 ISO using the Media Creation Tool after entering my W7 license key. I did this about a year ago after seeing the...
  4. Upgrade or Clean install?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Upgrade or Clean install?: Are there any problems after updating from Windows 7 like sysytem being slow or crashing? How much free space is needed on C drive? submitted by /u/countdooku1729 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/e3aga4/upgrade_or_clean_install/
  5. Upgrade or clean install

Upgrade or clean install: Hello everyone. What's preferable, an upgrade or a clean install? Thank you. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/upgrade-or-clean-install/01e13cd7-40ce-47ce-bd1a-e92de4b77f7c
  6. Upgrade or Clean Install....?

Upgrade or Clean Install....?: Having read a number of articles on the subject of "Upgrade or Clean Install", I am still uncertain as to which option delivers the greatest benefits with the least disadvantages. Currently it seems that the decision is one of personal preference - but experience shows us...
  7. Clean Install after upgrade

Clean Install after upgrade: I got a legit copy of windows 7 and i did the update to windows 10, but my PC seems slow and it seems like there is a lot of junk and left over files... idk, i want to do a clean install, but i dont want to loose my genuine copy of windows. also, i have about 1tb of games...
  8. Clean W10 install on an OEM W10 machine

Clean W10 install on an OEM W10 machine: My new Dell Inspiron laptop should arrive this coming Monday. I've been doing some research on doing a clean install. I read where MS won't activate a fresh install over an OEM key. So my Dell with OEM W10 will be activated as such and if I understand correctly if I download...
  9. Upgrade or Clean install?

Upgrade or Clean install?: I installed Win10 (clean Install) then reinstalled Win7 (clean). I'm now going to reinstall Win10 again after getting answers to issues I had with it. So my question, is it easier to just upgrade to Win10 since my programs are already installed in Win7, rather than a clean...
  10. Win 10 Clean Install after Upgrade Install

Win 10 Clean Install after Upgrade Install: I've upgraded from Win 7 Pro x64 to Win 10 Pro x64 via the upgrade install. The system indicates the Win 10 install is activated. Presently, this install is to buggy. I intend to wipe the disk clean and perform a clean install via bootable USD flash drive and the downloaded...