Windows 10: Clean install, all seems to work. Do I still need to install drivers?

Discus and support Clean install, all seems to work. Do I still need to install drivers? in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hey folks. Just did a windows 10 clean install in my system. ASUS p8z77-m + 3770k + samsung 850 evo + 2TB HDD. I got no exclamation marks in... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by dream3, Nov 13, 2015.

1. dream3 Win User

Clean install, all seems to work. Do I still need to install drivers?

Hey folks.

Just did a windows 10 clean install in my system. ASUS p8z77-m + 3770k + samsung 850 evo + 2TB HDD.

I got no exclamation marks in device manager and everything seems to work. LAN and Sound are alright for instance.

Do I still need to install the drivers available at ASUS page? They are the chipset driver, management engine, intel RST and realtek audio.

What do you think?

:)

dream3, Nov 13, 2015
  2. Rene5672 Win User

Windows 10 do I need to clean install?

Do I need to clean install to get windows 10.

Rene5672, Nov 13, 2015
  3. Windows 10 do I need to clean install?

Will upgrading from Windows 7 or later preserve my personal files, applications and settings?

Yes, upgrading from Windows 7 or a later version will preserve your personal files (documents, music, pictures, videos, downloads, favorites, contacts etc, applications (ie. Microsoft Office, Adobe applications etc), games and settings (ie. passwords, custom
    dictionary, application settings).

Will my existing programs, hardware and drivers work on Windows 10?

Most applications and hardware drivers designed for Windows 7 or later should work with Windows 10. Of course, with significant changes expected in Windows 10, it is best you contact the software developer and hardware vendor to find out about support for
    Windows 10. Windows 10 setup will keep, upgrade, replace and might require that you install new drivers through Windows Update or from the manufacturers website.

You can also download the Download the Windows 10 Reservation App and use it to check your system readiness.

How
    to reserve your free upgrade to Windows 10

Clean install, all seems to work. Do I still need to install drivers? [​IMG]

Click the hamburger menu at the upper left hand corner.

Click Check your PC

Backup your computer:

When making significant changes to your computer such as updating the operating system, you should always backup. See links to resources about backing up by clicking the link for the respective version of Windows you are running:

Windows XP
    Windows Vista
    Windows 7
    Windows 8/8.1

Also review:

How
    to manually backup and restore your files

How to: 10 Tips before
    installing the latest Windows 10 build

How to: 10 things
    to do if Windows 10 Setup fails.

Once you have installed these important updates and followed the prerequisite instructions, you should be ready to receive your
    free update to Windows 10 this summer.

Andre Da Costa, Nov 13, 2015
  4. Rocky Win User

My guess is no. You seem to be good to go.

Rocky, Nov 13, 2015
  5. dream3 Win User
    Thanks!

I was told once that not installing drivers is a one-way ticket to BSOD.

And also that samsung SSDS benefit from intel RST, especially because my mobo has intel sata ports and not installing it could lead to SSD freezing.

I'm not sure though *Sad

dream3, Nov 13, 2015
  6. topgundcp Win User
    You don't need to install RST if you are not using RAID. However, I always install latest Intel Chipset Drivers from Intel which will update the drivers for all devices on MB.

topgundcp, Nov 13, 2015
  7. dream3 Win User
    So even though all seems to be working fine I'd still need the chipset driver? What difference will it make?

dream3, Nov 15, 2015
  8. spapakons Win User

Installing latest chipset driver will update all system devices and eliminate any compatibility or performance issues. For other devices, it is generally preferable to replace generic Microsoft drivers with manufacturer's (OEM) drivers. This is because Microsoft drivers offer basic functionality and do not enable all the device's features. So in essence the device is not working at its full potential or gives access to all its features without an OEM driver. This is mostly important for graphics adapter which performance matters most. In audio, the worst it can happen is that you won't have all the audio effects supported by the device available, or you won't be able to change from stereo to more channels, for supporting devices. In network you have problem connecting to certain routers or see other strange behavior. I always prefer to install as many as possible OEM drivers and let Microsoft drivers only for devices I couldn't find an OEM driver.

spapakons, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Clean install, all seems to work. Do I still need to install drivers? - Similar Threads - Clean install seems

2. I have installed all drivers for my motherboard and ethernet still isn’t working.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I have installed all drivers for my motherboard and ethernet still isn’t working.: i have 2 errors in device manager of a used motherboard i bought. i updated everything and here i am one with IntelR Ethernet Connection 7 1219-V it says current drivers are installed and PCI Data Acquisition and Signal Processing Controller. says no drivers found and i cant...
  3. Do I need to install display driver.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Do I need to install display driver.: Recently I got an issue task bar with Villot color and mark on display with my display so just replaced my display.My model was having only HD display. i just replaced with Full hd .For a better view and less strain for my eyes. product link page Lenovo DISPLAY, 15.6", HD,...
  4. Do I need to install display driver.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Do I need to install display driver.: Recently I got an issue task bar with Villot color and mark on display with my display so just replaced my display.My model was having only HD display. i just replaced with Full hd .For a better view and less strain for my eyes. product link page Lenovo DISPLAY, 15.6", HD,...
  5. Do I need to install display driver.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  6. installed wrong version of windows, do i need to do a clean install again?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    installed wrong version of windows, do i need to do a clean install again?: hey! i helped a friend whos ssd died (totally fucked by windows update, wont even come up in bios) anyways he bought a new ssd and we installed it and windows yesterday, and during the activation process it came up that his key is for win 10 home, not win 10 home n, can this...
  7. Do I need to convert MBR to GPT to do a clean install?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Do I need to convert MBR to GPT to do a clean install?: Hi, I have some tech knowledge, but not an expert! I can disassemble/remove parts from my laptop with proper instruction, etc. I have an odd situation. I have an Alienware17 that I currently cannot boot. It originally came with Win7Pro, then I did the free Win10 upgrade....
  8. Clean-Install needed

Clean-Install needed: I think I already know the answers to my question -- but I wanted to check with the Experts here before I attempt this and ruin a working PC. (NOTE: This is my wife's PC, and she will KILL me if I mess it up!) I have an old Win10 desktop (upgraded from Win7) that is NOW...
  9. If clean install is needed

If clean install is needed: Hi I bought a windows 10 laptop removed the drive and fitted SSD drive cloned the original drive,what would happen if for any reason I had to reinstall windows 10 i dont have a product key! Would I need a product key?do i need to keep the original drive with the operating...
  10. These shortcuts seem to all still work.

in Windows 10 Support
    These shortcuts seem to all still work.: Someone created a folder with a bunch of the old "God mode" shortcuts. I pulled my most used ones and created my own folder (which you can add or subtract to). I have the Win8 folder pinned to Win10 Start Menu using medium Icon view and the commands all still work. Actually,...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. after a clean install of win-10 what do i need to do to get full functionality of my hp 8620