Windows 10: Clean install but keep any upgrade setup preferences?

Discus and support Clean install but keep any upgrade setup preferences? in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I've done the upgrade on my 2 computers and then later I did a clean install on the laptop. What I'd like is to do a clean install on my desktop PC but... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by LadyDee, Sep 17, 2015.

1. LadyDee Win User

Clean install but keep any upgrade setup preferences?

I've done the upgrade on my 2 computers and then later I did a clean install on the laptop. What I'd like is to do a clean install on my desktop PC but I sure would love to bring back the things I setup when I did the upgrade such as the start page and desktop screens. My start screen is perfect and I hate to set it all back up from scratch if there is any way to keep it somewhere and return it.

I will say, the clean install has always been my preference with any version of windows and it certainly made a nice difference in many ways on the laptop that I've already done both the upgrade and later the clean install.

Thank you

:)

LadyDee, Sep 17, 2015

2. Windows 10 upgrade fails - Something Happened error message is useless!!

Thanks, but I don't want a clean install. I have a number of installed apps that cannot be reinstalled. Installing from boot, either USB or DVD, can only perform a clean install. It tells you that if you want to upgrade and keep your stuff, you have
    to run setup from within windows.

JKBuckethead, Sep 17, 2015
  3. Windows 10 Upgradation for Acer Iconia W3-810 Tablet

Yes if you do clean install you lost everything.
    Upgrade your windows(no clean install)
    by running the setup in the ISO file. Keep the windows product key along with you while upgrading, it may be or may not be ask for key while upgrading. After upgrading just check your windows is activated
    if not use your 8.1 key to activate. You wont lose anything after upgrade. if you felt your PC is slow after upgrading you can go for clean install. Your office 365 wont affect of upgrade, if you do clean install after the upgrade you can install your office
    365 with your remaining subscription time. Have a nice day. Thank you Clean install but keep any upgrade setup preferences? :)

MadhusudhananChelliah, Sep 17, 2015
  4. WhyMe Win User

I don't really think the method in the thread below will work for you. The associated file locations will be in different places when compared to your source device. Still, it is a nice read and may provide you with clues I guess.

Start menu tiles layout savefile?

WhyMe, Sep 17, 2015
Thema:

1. Clean install but keep any upgrade setup preferences? - Similar Threads - Clean install keep

2. Bypass setup and do clean install

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Bypass setup and do clean install: I just purchased a new HP AIO 22 R3 and will be my second one. Can I bypass doing the setup and instead start out and do a clean install of Windows 10 home. My reason for this that I am sure that my first one set the C: drive as GPT and not NTFS. Brink helped me out with...
  3. Upgrade or Clean install?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Upgrade or Clean install?: Are there any problems after updating from Windows 7 like sysytem being slow or crashing? How much free space is needed on C drive? submitted by /u/countdooku1729 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/e3aga4/upgrade_or_clean_install/
  4. Upgrade or clean install

Upgrade or clean install: Hello everyone. What's preferable, an upgrade or a clean install? Thank you. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/upgrade-or-clean-install/01e13cd7-40ce-47ce-bd1a-e92de4b77f7c
  5. Upgrade or Clean Install....?

Upgrade or Clean Install....?: Having read a number of articles on the subject of "Upgrade or Clean Install", I am still uncertain as to which option delivers the greatest benefits with the least disadvantages. Currently it seems that the decision is one of personal preference - but experience shows us...
  6. Clean Install after upgrade

Clean Install after upgrade: I got a legit copy of windows 7 and i did the update to windows 10, but my PC seems slow and it seems like there is a lot of junk and left over files... idk, i want to do a clean install, but i dont want to loose my genuine copy of windows. also, i have about 1tb of games...
  7. Setup not executing with clean install

Setup not executing with clean install: The .iso created from 17134.1 via UUP dump has the issue; I downloaded the .esd for 17134.1 and setup.exe ran at boot as expected.
  8. Upgrade or Clean install?

Upgrade or Clean install?: I installed Win10 (clean Install) then reinstalled Win7 (clean). I'm now going to reinstall Win10 again after getting answers to issues I had with it. So my question, is it easier to just upgrade to Win10 since my programs are already installed in Win7, rather than a clean...
  9. Upgrade vs Clean Install

Upgrade vs Clean Install: The fix for many problems seems to be a Clean Install but this is defeating part of the test process. When 10 is released, I would bet 90% of the people who switch will do an upgrade because that is what they are being offered. Few will know what a Clean Install is, much less...
  10. RTM upgrading(clean install)

RTM upgrading(clean install): Been using each release since the initial release, but, haven't seen anyone address this question. Given that Win 7 and 8 will get a free upgrade, will we have the option, given a valid 7 install, to install it cleanly to, say a new SSD? Or will MS require us to do an...