Windows 10: Clean install - could not reinitialise the deployment engine

Discus and support Clean install - could not reinitialise the deployment engine in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Background: I recently had to restore my PC to a Windows 7 System Image from 2012. That worked OK, but Windows Update kept failing to install the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by sep, Jan 15, 2016.

1. SEP
    sep Win User

Clean install - could not reinitialise the deployment engine

Background:

I recently had to restore my PC to a Windows 7 System Image from 2012.
    That worked OK, but Windows Update kept failing to install the hundreds of updates needed to bring it up to date.
    So I upgraded to Windows 10 instead.
    That worked fine and is what I am now using.

I thought I should create and run the Clean Install media in case I need it in the future. I created a DVD as I didn't have a 4GB USB to hand. Was able to boot from the DVD and started the Clean Install process but, after selecting the hard disk partition to use, I got the Windows Setup message 'could not reinitialise the deployment engine'.

I have no idea what this means and can only find some old references (Vista vintage) on the web.

Should I have clicked on 'Format' for the partition?

Thanks in advance.

:)

2. install

tried to install windows 10 keep getting error msg windows setup could not reinitialise the deployment engine

stuart.handley3handley, Jan 15, 2016
  3. Arlrj Win User
    Windows setup could not reinitialize the deployment engine. To install Windows restart the installation.

thank you sir. u saved my life.!

Arlrj, Jan 15, 2016
  4. philc43 Win User

There is a tutorial which explains what you can do about the partitions during the clean install process. If you want to completely start afresh with no trace of the previous installations I usually delete all the existing partitions until I just have unallocated space left and I let Windows create the new partition scheme.

Hope this helps *Smile

philc43, Jan 15, 2016
  5. NavyLCDR New Member
    Sounds to me like it is a bad DVD. I would burn another DVD and as philc43 posted - the best clean install to start from absolutely nothing is to select the custom install option, delete all the existing partitions, and install to the unallocated space.

NavyLCDR, Jan 15, 2016
  6. SEP
    sep Win User
    Thanks both for your replies. Sorry for not responding sooner.

Well, I tried again and this time used 'Format' on the partition. Thought it was worth a try before wiping them all and I'm happy to say it worked. So now I know my Clean Install disc is OK.

For peace of mind I then created the System Repair Disc and a System Image Backup (all Windows software). Was able to boot and restore from those too.

Why make do with a belt when you can have braces too?

Thanks again.

Thema:

1. Clean install - could not reinitialise the deployment engine - Similar Threads - Clean install reinitialise

2. reinitialiser mon pc

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    reinitialiser mon pc: quand je veux reinitialiser mon pc il affice: no made were changes https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/reinitialiser-mon-pc/d2de57c2-6efa-4dbf-bdc6-c2b0173cc3b1
  3. Can't re-install Windows 10 "Windows setup could not reinitialize the deployment engine"

Can't re-install Windows 10 "Windows setup could not reinitialize the deployment engine": I originally set up an HP computer with Windows 10 Home after replacing the hard drive following a crash. My configuration was Windows 10 Home plus applications on a C: partition, and all user files other than desktop on D: Following a full install and configuration I took a...
  4. Windows 10 Clean Install - "Could not reinitialize the deployment engine". SSD failure?

Windows 10 Clean Install - "Could not reinitialize the deployment engine". SSD failure?: Hello all, for the past couple of days I have been trying to revive my dead PC that I bought pre-built about a year ago and am by no means an expert so I am trying to learn all this as I go along. -PC Specs- OS: Windows 10 Home 64 bit Processor: AMD Ryzen 5 2600 Six-Core...
  5. Windows setup could not reinitialize the deployment engine.

Windows setup could not reinitialize the deployment engine.: What is the reason for this error? How can it be solved or avoided? How can Windows 10 be installed on a Partition that contains data but has no functioning System without deleting the data prior to installation?...
  6. Windows setup could not reinitialize the deployment engine.

Windows setup could not reinitialize the deployment engine.: What is the reason for this error? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-setup-could-not-reinitialize-the/43bcb842-075c-4433-835d-d665fb8a439d
  7. Please can I have some help installing windows 10; setup could not reinitialise the...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Please can I have some help installing windows 10; setup could not reinitialise the...: I am installing windows 10 onto a new pc, using the windows installation media on a usb drive with ample space, after going through the collecting information stage of the setup (and entering the product key) just as the system is starting the installing windows phase, i get...
  8. Clean Install Issue: Windows could not complete the installation...

Clean Install Issue: Windows could not complete the installation...: Hello, I have recently completed a number of steps to do a clean install on my computer from bootable media (a USB drive) I have overcome many problems so far, and this problem ''Windows could not complete the installation. To install Windows on this computer, restart the...
  9. "Windows could not complete the installation" Error on clean install

"Windows could not complete the installation" Error on clean install: I have a problem installing Windows 10 on my tablet. When try to install, at the time to restart, shows the error message "Windows could not complete the installation. To install windows on this computer restart windows" My computer is a 2 in 1, the Acer Switch One 10, with...
  10. "clean install" is actually Windows Deployment Service - Help

"clean install" is actually Windows Deployment Service - Help: Hello, I have an issue where someone has gained server access / control over my system. I am unable to regain control or even clean install my operating system from OEM windows 10 CD. Currently, when i attempt to re-install what I end up with is a Windows Deployment...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows setup could not reinitialize the deployment engine

2. windows could not reinitialize the deployment engine

3. how to fix windows setup could not reinitialize the deployment engine

4. How to fix windows setup could not reinitialise the deployment engine.to install windows restart application,
  5. masalah windows setup could not reinitialize the deployment engine,
  6. cara mengatasi windows setup could not reinitialize the deployment engine,
  7. windows setup could not reinitialise the,
  8. windows setup could not reinitialize the deployment engine windows 10,
  9. Windows setup could not reintialise the deployment,
  10. windows setup could not reinitialize the deployment engine. to install windows,
  11. window setup could not re inialise the deployment engine,
  12. windows setup could not reinitialise the deployment engine,
  13. Windows setup could not re,
  14. Windows set-up could not reinstall the deployment engine,
  15. installation could not reinstiale deployement engine