Windows 10: Clean Install Firefox 59.0.1 and problems.

Discus and support Clean Install Firefox 59.0.1 and problems. in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; Before clean Install. -------------------------- I updated Firefox to 59.0.1. Pages were not loading fully. After I went through many posts in this... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by lvgandhi, Mar 22, 2018.

1. lvgandhi Win User

Clean Install Firefox 59.0.1 and problems.

Before clean Install.
    --------------------------
    I updated Firefox to 59.0.1. Pages were not loading fully. After I went through many posts in this forum and else where, I disabled hardware acceleration in options. But one suggested successive update may be problem. clean install may help. Hence I went for clean install.

After clean install:
    --------------------------
    1) It could not be made default browser. I tried all means
    a)default app in settings does not show firefox.
    b) Tried default programs editor as admn. Error appears. It could not make it default.
    c) I tried make default button in firefox options. It takes to settings default app where list does not have firefox.
    d)I tried the following command in admn command window.
    C:\Windows\explorer.exe shell:::{17cd9488-1228-4b2f-88ce-4298e93e0966} -Microsoft.DefaultPrograms\pageDefaultProgram
    It doe not have firefox or mozilla at all.
    Hence all efforts failed to makeit default.

2) further putting chrome folder in appdata|mozilla|firefox|profile|xx| also did not brin back my old firefox settings like top sites settings etc.

Any help will be appreciated.

:)

lvgandhi, Mar 22, 2018

2. Windows 10 Installation Problems

After up grading to Win 10, my screen started to blink and the lap top was frozen in this blinking mode. After restarting computer many times, it is stuck in the Win 10 load process with the circle of dots spinning around and around while the load process
    goes no where. I have tested all hardware and it is OK. I tried the Win 10 fix and it still is in the same mode where the dots spin around and around, but operating system does not load and start up

I have a 64 bit HP Lap Top that was running Win 8.1 without any problems before trying to load Win 10.

Win10 Install Problems, Mar 22, 2018
  3. obxgeorge Win User
    Edge not starting, all browsers return "security errors"

Did a clean install of win 10 ver.1607 x64 on blank hard drive. Nothing else on drive. Installed O.K. but edge will not start. Firefox and Chrome added O.K. Firefox says "Your connection is not secure" and Chrome says "Your connection is not private"

Had previously ran Win 10 32bit with no problem. Have searched the internet and this seems to be a common problem but no solutions have worked. Any new ideas for me to try ? No anti virus programs installed yet.

obxgeorge, Mar 22, 2018
  4. Clean Install Firefox 59.0.1 and problems.

Not Myself, Mar 22, 2018
Thema:

Clean Install Firefox 59.0.1 and problems.

1. Clean Install Firefox 59.0.1 and problems. - Similar Threads - Clean Install Firefox

2. Problems with firefox

in Browsers and Email
    Problems with firefox: I have been using firefox (89.0.2, 90.0.2, 78.12 esr) for a while and I am not satisfy with the way it functions. 1) It use up 60% of cpu resource while surfing and closing (edge and IEuse only less than 10% of cpu resource). 2) Check up task manager, it has about 6 firefox...
  3. Clean instal Win !0 with USB

in Windows 10 Support
    Clean instal Win !0 with USB: I have Win 10 64 bit downloaded onto a USB flash drive in order to do a clean install on my SSD drive...is installing it through BIOS any advantage than simply going through system recovery and using this method (remove everything install through USB) which method is better...
  4. Remove duplicate Firefox installation cleanly

in Browsers and Email
    Remove duplicate Firefox installation cleanly: Version 1909 Somehow I ended up with two Firefoxes installed. (It pretty much has to be my fault). They are both 64 bit and the same version. One is in Program Files/Mozilla Firefox and the other is in Users/xxxx/AppData/Local/Mozilla Firefox. If I go into Settings/Apps &...
  5. Remove duplicate Firefox installation cleanly

in Windows 10 Support
    Remove duplicate Firefox installation cleanly: Version 1909 Somehow I ended up with two Firefoxes installed. (It pretty much has to be my fault). They are both 64 bit and the same version. One is in Program Files/Mozilla Firefox and the other is in Users/xxxx/AppData/Local/Mozilla Firefox. If I go into Settings/Apps &...
  6. Firefox problem

in Browsers and Email
    Firefox problem: When I go to the sign in page in Firefox 80, and click on the sign in button, I then get an endless wheel going round. How do I get past this to sign into my account? Thank you for looking. 165782
  7. Problem with Firefox

in Browsers and Email
    Problem with Firefox: When I open any website it opens okay then after a few seconds it does this Attachment 247923 After a few more seconds it comes up normal has anyone any idea what is the cause and cure I am on firefox build69 The attachment was loaded as screenshot why has that changed 140788
  8. Want a Clean Install of Mozilla Firefox.

in Browsers and Email
    Want a Clean Install of Mozilla Firefox.: I am trying to do a "clean install" of Mozilla Firefox because it stopped working. It would not open properly. A simple uninstall from Programs and Features then a Reinstall of Firefox did not fix the problem. After an uninstall of Mozilla Firefox. There are 2 folders...
  9. Clean installation problems

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Clean installation problems: I'm trying to do a fresh install of windows 10 onto my SSD. When I boot my ISO off the flash drive I get to where I have to select to storage device and sometimes it says the compatibility is wrong and sometimes it's fine I've tried swapping them between GPT and MBR as well...
  10. clean install problems

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    clean install problems: Can't get serial number to take, windows7 is activated. When I try windows 10 it says serial number wrong?, product id is bottom of labtop. If I use a serial number program it comes up with different serial?. This is a legal copy of windows 7 home,did I download wrong...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. firefox install problems

2. firefox clean install

3. clean install firefox 35.0.1