Windows 10: Clean install of Win10 Tech Preview - Are There Downsides

Discus and support Clean install of Win10 Tech Preview - Are There Downsides in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi All, Sorry about the crazy title, I always have issues with coming up with a good headline for these threads. I want to do a clean install on... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by phillycodehound, Jul 14, 2015.

1. Clean install of Win10 Tech Preview - Are There Downsides

Hi All,

Sorry about the crazy title, I always have issues with coming up with a good headline for these threads.

I want to do a clean install on my desktop with the latest Win10 Dev Preview, but I don't want to do this if I'm not going to get the final version when it comes out. Will testers get the new version for free and automagically?

LMK

Thanks

Seth *Cool

:)

phillycodehound, Jul 14, 2015

2. Win10 on Nokia Lumia 730

Is there any official win10 (i'm not talking about win10 tech preview) for lumia 730? If there is,then when i will get this?

And can I download the official Win10 from win10 tech preview by updating the tech preview?

arindam_13, Jul 14, 2015
  3. Win10 on Nokia Lumia 730

what a amazing experience with insider. now looking for final .

PrashantSavarkar, Jul 14, 2015
  4. Clean install of Win10 Tech Preview - Are There Downsides

No, not unless you originally upgraded from a genuine Windows 7 or 8.1. http://blogs.windows.com/bloggingwin...review-builds/

If you decide to opt-out of the program and upgrade to the 7/29 build you will be subject to exactly the same terms and conditions that govern the offer* that was extended to all Genuine Windows 7 and 8.1 customers. This is not a path to attain a license for Windows XP or Windows Vista systems. If your system upgraded from a Genuine Windows 7 or Windows 8.1 license it will remain activated, but if not, you will be required to roll back to your previous OS version or acquire a new Windows 10 license. If you do not roll back or acquire a new license the build will eventually expire.

alphanumeric, Jul 15, 2015
  5. eionmac Win User
    So if Win 10 Tech Preview operational in a virtual machine on a Vista system, itwill not get update to full Windows 10 please confirm?
    This was way I was hoping to save many elderly (pensioners in nearby villages) Vista users to get them to a reliable system without the (to them) expensive route of a new licence or a new machine, by transfering to use a Virtual Windows 10. If nt possible then I will put their machines on a Linux system at End of Life of Vista. Your advice apprciated. Regards

eionmac, Jul 15, 2015
  6. As far as I know, If you opt out of the Insiders Program you are subject to the same terms and conditions everybody else is for the free upgrade offer.
    http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/windo...nMore_win10faq
    You need a genuine Windows 7 SP1 or 8.1 OS to upgrade from. Clean installing the preview does not qualify.

alphanumeric, Jul 15, 2015
  7. Ztruker Win User
    Virtual Windows 10 is no different than Win 10 directly on a PC. You need a valid license for each one and not the same license for all.

Ztruker, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Clean install of Win10 Tech Preview - Are There Downsides

1. Clean install of Win10 Tech Preview - Are There Downsides - Similar Threads - Clean install Win10

2. Issues with clean Win10 Install

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Issues with clean Win10 Install: [IMG]I don’t know how to write this I’m not great with computers but this is currently where I’m at and I have no idea where to go from here. I used IBuyPowers guide to fixing “Reboot and select proper boot media, or insert a boot device” and everything was going well up...
  3. Win10 Tech Preview 14385 and sysprep

in Windows 10 Customization
    Win10 Tech Preview 14385 and sysprep: Hello, I downloaded the win10 tech preview to see if I would be able to sysprep the machine, and I was able to. Looks like Windows may have fixed the issue where Windows sees a upgrade/update as a new OS and does not allow sysprep to run. Hopefully this will also...
  4. Start8 on Windows Tech Preview

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Start8 on Windows Tech Preview: Well I just wanted to see what would happen if I installed Start8 on Windows 10, and it is great. I have my old windows 7 menu back and can switch back and forth to Start screen easily. With Brinks little trick about no logging to switch, I can even switch between the new...
  5. Is Windows 10 tech preview as updted as Win10 official version?

in Windows 10 Support
    Is Windows 10 tech preview as updted as Win10 official version?: I currently am dual-booting windows 8 and windows 10 tech preview and of course I've been offered a free upgrade to windows 10 on my windows 8 partition (And I prefer windows 8 because I had crashing problems with some games in 10 TP). I was wondering, are they (Win 10 TP...
  6. Clean install Win10 with Update?

Clean install Win10 with Update?: I'm one of those people who generally does a clean install with every new major Windows release. The reason for this is general housekeeping: removing old software no longer needed, clearing out drivers and other files no longer used, etc. I'm curious how this sort of install...
  7. Installing Windows 10 Tech Preview on Primary PC

Installing Windows 10 Tech Preview on Primary PC: I am installing the Windows 10 Technical Preview on my primary PC. Am I making a mistake by doing this? 5531
  8. Installing 10 tech preview

Installing 10 tech preview: How Do I install the 10 tech preview onto the separate partition that i just created using the windows update install for tech preview 10? 3722
  9. Update for Windows Tech Preview

in Windows 10 News
    Update for Windows Tech Preview: October 2014 update for Windows Tech Preview and Windows Server Tech Preview [kb3001512] Issues that are fixed in this updateIn Windows Technical Preview, certain devices do not receive firmware or driver updates. Adobe Flash update does not contain premium video...
  10. Tech Preview Updates Today

in Windows 10 News
    Tech Preview Updates Today: So, does anyone know what they did? As usual, no MS info @support... [img]