Windows 10: Clean Install of Windows 10 including Anniversary Update

Discus and support Clean Install of Windows 10 including Anniversary Update in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I have a problem after installing the Anniversary Update of Windows 10. This post concerns the process which involves a clean re-install of Windows 10... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Stevekir, Aug 3, 2016.

1. Stevekir Win User

Clean Install of Windows 10 including Anniversary Update

I have a problem after installing the Anniversary Update of Windows 10. This post concerns the process which involves a clean re-install of Windows 10 by the method which includes downloading and running Microsoft's Media Creation Tool, choosing "Create Media for another PC". This downloads an ISO of Windows which, when put on a USB stick, can be used to boot the computer and clean-install Windows 10 (no license key required because Windows 10 was already running, although I have my license key.) I am told that this produces a "very clean" install which would clear any glitches in the previous install. Programs would need to be re-installed.

My question please: assuming that the Media Creation Tool will be downloaded after the Anniversary Update was installed, will it produce a Windows 10 + Anniversary Update version ?

Thanks for any help.

PS: I wasn't able to create a Macrium System Image which would include the Anniversary Upgrade because my problem occurred immediately after the Update. If you are interested in what that problem is, go to:

Anniversary Update: Search not working properly Solved - Windows 10 Forums

:)

Stevekir, Aug 3, 2016

2. Is Windows Anniversary Update included in Windows Media Creation Tools or not?

I would like to do clean installation to my windows and downloading Windows 10 via Media creation tools.

I would like to know that the anniversary update is included in the installation file or not?

ChaiwatSirirungrueng, Aug 3, 2016
  3. nkuma2171 Win User
    Is possible to do Clean Install the Anniversary update of Windows 10

Hey Jaya, Yes you can. The installation media has been updated to windows 10 to the anniversary update. Once you download the in media install media creation tool you can convert your flash drive to bootable media or create .ISO
    File. Once you created either both you can easily clean install Windows 10 anniversary update. If you experience any issue a page exists on the web which has elaborated How
    to Clean Install Windows 10 Anniversary Update

nkuma2171, Aug 3, 2016
  4. swarfega Win User

I used the MCT tool this morning and i can assure you its the 14393 build. You will find some windows updates waiting at the end of it.

swarfega, Aug 3, 2016
  5. Stevekir Win User
    Thanks for the quick reply.

The number for my present install (the problem one, downloaded via Windows Update) is 1607. Is that the same as 14393 build?

I have thought of another question: I know I will have to reinstall all my programs, but what about drivers etc. etc. for other things like the Internet modem, network LAN driver, printer, monitor etc., which would be a huge bind. This being a clean install would I need to get all these?

EDIT: Italic text added.

Stevekir, Aug 3, 2016
  6. way2ob2se Win User
    I'm popping in for a second (hope you don't mind), because I don't know if 14393 is the Anniversary included version either. I have all the same questions as Stevekir, as I need to do a "clean install" and don't know how much will need to be reinstalled. I've never had a system that started from scratch before.

way2ob2se, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Clean Install of Windows 10 including Anniversary Update - Similar Threads - Clean Install including

2. Cannot install Windows 10 anniversary update

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Cannot install Windows 10 anniversary update: Hello all, Need some help... I had Windows 7 Ultimate on my pc then, I got the free copy of Windows 10 per Microsoft. My system now is Windows 10 Pro version 1511 OS build (10586.633) The anniversary update fails every time..... things that I have tried: completely...
  3. Windows 10 Anniversary CLEAN install: a nightmare!

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows 10 Anniversary CLEAN install: a nightmare!: I'll try to keep it short. I did a clean install of Windows 10 anniversary on a new SSD 240 GB and all the drive detached. I did it 3 time and now it's 10 days I'm working on it to have an working OS. The actual problems are: 1) keep freezing both file explorer and Chrome...
  4. BSOD after clean install Windows 10 Anniversary

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD after clean install Windows 10 Anniversary: Hi, After updating to Windows 10 Anniversary, my PC got this issue: every programs including Start Menu, Taskbar, Windows Explorer, etc freeze after I log in. I couldn't even log off, turn on task manager using Ctrl+Alt+Del or Ctrl+Shift+ESC. I searched and tried many...
  5. How do I clean install Windows 10 Anniversary Update?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How do I clean install Windows 10 Anniversary Update?: First of all, I'm coming from Windows 7. I'm one that was able to upgrade to Windows 10 for free. Am I able to perform a clean install of Windows 10 using the same license I currently have on Windows 10? How would I obtain my current key, then? Is it s imply the Product ID...
  6. Anniversary Win 10 Clean Install off MCT

Anniversary Win 10 Clean Install off MCT: I just did a clean install of 10 1607 & just a question if this normal I just used my 1 tb drive raw unformatted & select custom install means clean i assume it formatted & worked after install but when i go to disk management I do not see any hidden partitions was all in...
  7. Anniversary Update - Clean Install - First Impressions

in Windows 10 Support
    Anniversary Update - Clean Install - First Impressions: My first impressions: Pros: Seems a bit faster overall - I did a complete system image backup in 00:02:09 (previously took 00:02:35) OS install uses less space (at least for my installation) Event viewer shows no new instances (I had two known issues before and they are...
  8. clean install with anniversary update & disk conversion BIOS to UEFI

clean install with anniversary update & disk conversion BIOS to UEFI: I have an existing Windows 10 Pro installation. My partitions are: system reserved: 500 mb C: boot, page file, primary partition E: logical drive F: logical drive I would like to do a clean install with WIN 10 Anniversary Update (1607), and convert my disk from BIOS to...
  9. Clean Install Windows 10 Anniversary

Clean Install Windows 10 Anniversary: Hiya....Has the Media Creation tool been updated to this version so I can do a clean install...there is no way of telling? TIA 60042
  10. Anniversary Update - Clean Install. Start menu anomaly

in Windows 10 Support
    Anniversary Update - Clean Install. Start menu anomaly: Hi all, Wondering if anyone else has experienced an icon display issue on their start menu with the 1607 update? I have just clean installed (and fully updated) the 1607 Anniversary Update on 2 PC's and both are experiencing an identical issue with their start menu. The...