Windows 10: Clean install of Windows 10 without upgrading.

Discus and support Clean install of Windows 10 without upgrading. in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hello guys, when W10 first came out, I upgraded it from Win 8.1 to 10. Now, I want to make a clean install of W10, and I was wondering If I could... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by martinvox, Nov 17, 2015.

1. martinvox Win User

Clean install of Windows 10 without upgrading.

Hello guys, when W10 first came out, I upgraded it from Win 8.1 to 10.

Now, I want to make a clean install of W10, and I was wondering If I could use my W8.1 key. I mean, not installing 8.1 and upgrading, just installing W10 and putting the cd key, since I have it activated in W10.

Thanks !

:)

martinvox, Nov 17, 2015

2. " Clean " install of windows 10 without upgrade ...

but how i can install win 8 again ? 'cause there is no iso download link for me to do that

MarrenasMander, Nov 17, 2015
  3. Brausmith Win User
    " Clean " install of windows 10 without upgrade ...

Microsoft seriously couldn't have fecked this entire upgrade process any more if they tried.

I was on the Insider Preview, which wouldn't allow me to crossgrade based on my purchased Win7 product key.

I thought I would then do a clean install from my Win7 USB install, but my USB has died.

I then thought I would go and redownload the ISO to recreate the install, but the old download links (digital river) are now gone, instead forcing to the Microsoft
    Software Recovery
    site.

Can't download from the Microsoft Software Recovery site due to having an OEM license. Told to go to the hardware vendors site to download (despite not having to do that previously).

Went to the vendors site to find that it is recommended to download from Digital River, which as mentioned above are now gone.

Reinstalled Win10 from my USB install thinking that it would activate due to the prior activation of Win7. That doesn't work.

So now I have a non-activated Win10 install with no other options available for activating with my previous product key.

W-T-F Microsoft! Like I said it couldn't get fecked up any more than this.

I'm guessing there will be a lot of un-activated Win10's unless Microsoft sorts this product key mess out.

Brausmith, Nov 17, 2015
  4. jds63 Win User

Welcome to Ten-Forums!
    No key is needed to do a clean install. Are you aware that as of Nov.12 2015 there was an update to Windows 10 version 10240 to build 10586 ? Did you receive this update through Windows updates yet ?
    Tutorial on clean install https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/1...n-install.html

jds63, Nov 17, 2015
  5. martinvox Win User
    Yeah, but every time I try to install it it just stays in 16% of installing.

martinvox, Nov 17, 2015
  6. Ztruker Win User
    That hang has nothing to do with a key. Are you following the tutorial martinvox posted?

First, do you have a backup so you won't lose any data? Pretty sure you do since you want to do a clean install, just checking.
    Disconnect everything except mouse, keyboard and display, everything!
    Remove any flash drives or SD cards except the one you are installing from if using flash.
    Delete all partitions on the boot drive during the install, until the drive is totally un-allocated, then click Next. The Win 10 installer will create and format the partitions it needs.

Ztruker, Nov 17, 2015
  7. If you are still looking for a clean install of 10 WITH the newest update included, follow this tutorial all the way from beginning to end.... you need nothing more: Windows 10 - Clean Install - Windows 10 Forums

Literally, you need nothing more. No product key, no Windows update... nothing. Just the tutorial itself.

DustSailor, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Clean install of Windows 10 without upgrading. - Similar Threads - Clean install without

2. Clean - Without the Install

in Windows 10 Support
    Clean - Without the Install: I have been asked to help, and am clueless. I've been given a working laptop and a tower to prepare for a yard sale and if not sold to donate to Salvation Army. It is desired to wipe the drives and leave it to the buyers to put their own OS. How to do? (hopefully a tutorial?)...
  3. Upgrade or Clean install?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Upgrade or Clean install?: Are there any problems after updating from Windows 7 like sysytem being slow or crashing? How much free space is needed on C drive? submitted by /u/countdooku1729 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/e3aga4/upgrade_or_clean_install/
  4. Upgrade or clean install

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Upgrade or clean install: Hello everyone. What's preferable, an upgrade or a clean install? Thank you. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/upgrade-or-clean-install/01e13cd7-40ce-47ce-bd1a-e92de4b77f7c
  5. Clean Install on New SSD without installing upgrade

Clean Install on New SSD without installing upgrade: I have reserved my copy of Win 10 (upgrade from Win7 Pro 32bit retail) , but i plan to fit a SSD and instill the 64bit version of Win 10. does windows 10 need to be upgrade installed first so Win 10 recognizes my hardware or can i download the ISO and do a clean install...
  6. Upgrade or Clean Install....?

Upgrade or Clean Install....?: Having read a number of articles on the subject of "Upgrade or Clean Install", I am still uncertain as to which option delivers the greatest benefits with the least disadvantages. Currently it seems that the decision is one of personal preference - but experience shows us...
  7. Windows 10 upgrade is full clean installation ?

Windows 10 upgrade is full clean installation ?: I had windows 8.1 pro original dvd installed on my system. Then I upgraded free to windows 10. Now I want to make a new clean installation of windows 10 without keeping old files and directories and apps on c:\ So I downloaded the Microsoft windows 10 media creation...
  8. Clean install on upgraded Windows 10

Clean install on upgraded Windows 10: Hello folks, I tried to perform a clean install on the very first instance at the time of 'upgrade' but since it didn't work. I had to upgrade it on existing windows 7 installation. Now the machine is so slow that constantly it shows 100% disk usage. I tried every possible...
  9. Upgrade or Clean install?

Upgrade or Clean install?: I installed Win10 (clean Install) then reinstalled Win7 (clean). I'm now going to reinstall Win10 again after getting answers to issues I had with it. So my question, is it easier to just upgrade to Win10 since my programs are already installed in Win7, rather than a clean...
  10. Clean Install Windows 10 Directly without having to Upgrade First

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Clean Install Windows 10 Directly without having to Upgrade First: How to: Clean Install Windows 10 Directly without having to Upgrade First How to Directly Clean Install Windows 10 without having to Upgrade First [img] Information By default to get the clean install Windows 10 on the PC anytime, and have Windows 10 automatically...