Windows 10: Clean Install of Windows 10

Discus and support Clean Install of Windows 10 in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi Please advise what is the best method of carrying out a clean install of windows 10; 1: Go to the Microsoft Windows 10 download site and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Agh55, Sep 22, 2017.

1. Agh55 Win User

Clean Install of Windows 10

Hi

Please advise what is the best method of carrying out a clean install of windows 10;

1: Go to the Microsoft Windows 10 download site and download an image to a USB

2: Via system and settings / recovery mode. There are two sections, Recovery and Advanced Start-up

I have malware on my PC and I believe a clean install would be the best option to remove

Thanks in advance

:)

Agh55, Sep 22, 2017

2. Clean install of Windows 10

Eeschwar , Thanks for the fast reply and the link you refered me to Windows 10 herunterladen
    it explained everything I needed.

Again thanks very much ...Dan

Dan MacDonald55, Sep 22, 2017
  3. Clean install of Windows 10

Original Title: Win 10 upgrade

Now that I have upgraded my windows 7 to windows 10

I see by right clicking "This PC" it shows a win 10 product ID number.

Does this mean now that I have upgraded Win 7 and have a product

ID number that I can reinstall on a clean drive (same computer)?

My Win 7 install was a little buggy before the upgrade and I would like

a fresh install on an SSD drive. I was told win 7 would no longer work

after the upgrade so reinstalling win 7 before win 10 may not be possible.

Dan MacDonald55, Sep 22, 2017
  4. NavyLCDR New Member

In order to do a clean install of Windows 10 you have to make the USB flash drive or DVD, boot the computer from it, erase the existing Windows on the hard drive, and install to the empty space.

NavyLCDR, Sep 22, 2017
  5. Agh55 Win User
    Hi and thanks for the very prompt response. I have had a dry run on an old laptop which had windows 10 installed, wasn't worried if I messed up before I try on my desktop. It worked, I made USB copy, booted the laptop to it, but when I came to the section on the partitions, I had problems. Do I delete or format. I took the delete route and the windows loaded ok, except it took approx. 6 goes, as every time it gone from getting the copy of the Windows file through to getting finished, it just went in to a loop and rebooted to the USB stick. In the end after the 6th attempt, I removed the USB and all appeared to go OK

Would you have a reference to a YouTube video which I could easily follow ( my knowledge of PC's is very limited) I don't want to make any mistakes on my HP desktop.

Agh55, Sep 22, 2017
  6. NavyLCDR New Member
  7. Plankton Win User
    Sice this is an OEM HP laptop I would opt for the factory reset first. This way you won't have to go looking for drivers and software needed to use that laptop. Since there's always a plethora for said model, choosing the correct one's can be a daunting task.

Plankton, Sep 22, 2017
  8. Agh55 Win User

Hi, can you do a factory reset first when ( I should have mentioned, I upgraded from Windows 7 to Windows 10) you are going to wipe the hard drive first before you install the fresh copy of windows 10

Agh55, Sep 22, 2017
  9. NavyLCDR New Member
    You can always try a reset first, it won't hurt anything and only cost you time if the results are not what you want. Also, your laptop kept booting into the Windows 10 installation flash drive because that is what was set as the first priority in the boot order in BIOS/UEFI settings. The correct action is to either just remove the flash drive and reboot (like you finally did), or to change the boot order in BIOS/UEFI settings so the hard drive is first.

The factory reset will result in 1 of 3 possible outcomes:

1. It will restore the computer from the factory recovery partition and go back to Windows 7, which you can then upgrade again to Windows 10.

2. It will reset Windows 10. This uses files that are stored in the existing Windows partition on the hard drive - and that is why I don't particularly like that method for removing malware or virus infection.

or

3. It will most likely just fail. Built-in Windows reset and recovery has proven to be not very reliable in the past.

NavyLCDR, Sep 22, 2017
  10. Agh55 Win User
    thanks to NavyLCDR and Plankton, very comprehensive advise, great set of tutorials. I will go for the fresh install with the USB.

Agh55, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Clean Install of Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Clean Install

2. Update fails on clean install of Windows 10 Home 0x80080005 & 0xc80003fa

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Update fails on clean install of Windows 10 Home 0x80080005 & 0xc80003fa: Hello,To say I am beyond frustrated with Windows Update is an understatement and I know I'm not alone from my research! Now that I got that out of the way...A couple days ago, my leading brand antivirus solution decided to error on an update which took out my previous Windows...
  3. Update fails on clean install of Windows 10 Home 0x80080005 & 0xc80003fa

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Update fails on clean install of Windows 10 Home 0x80080005 & 0xc80003fa: Hello,To say I am beyond frustrated with Windows Update is an understatement and I know I'm not alone from my research! Now that I got that out of the way...A couple days ago, my leading brand antivirus solution decided to error on an update which took out my previous Windows...
  4. Update fails on clean install of Windows 10 Home 0x80080005 & 0xc80003fa

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Windows update keeps failing, even after clean install.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows update keeps failing, even after clean install.: A few days ago, my laptop updated, but then failed to load windows. It cycled twice with a message saying failed to and windows was collecting some details. The third time it took me to a recovery menu. None of the the repair or rollback options worked. In order to use a...
  6. Windows update keeps failing, even after clean install.

Windows update keeps failing, even after clean install.: A few days ago, my laptop updated, but then failed to load windows. It cycled twice with a message saying failed to and windows was collecting some details. The third time it took me to a recovery menu. None of the the repair or rollback options worked. In order to use a...
  7. Windows update keeps failing, even after clean install.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  8. Dell Latitude. Can't Clean-Install because of "AHCI" and "RAID" complications.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Dell Latitude. Can't Clean-Install because of "AHCI" and "RAID" complications.: I'm trying to Clean-Install Windows 11 onto my laptop. Apparently, there's some obstacle that prevents certain laptops--like this Dell Latitude 7430--from Clean-Installing, something to do with "AHCI" and "RAID" modes in the BIOS. According to this thread on the Dell forum,...
  9. Dell Latitude. Can't Clean-Install because of "AHCI" and "RAID" complications.

Dell Latitude. Can't Clean-Install because of "AHCI" and "RAID" complications.: I'm trying to Clean-Install Windows 11 onto my laptop. Apparently, there's some obstacle that prevents certain laptops--like this Dell Latitude 7430--from Clean-Installing, something to do with "AHCI" and "RAID" modes in the BIOS. According to this thread on the Dell forum,...
  10. "MRB", "EFI" and "GPT" problem when trying to Clean-Install W11 onto my Dell laptop.

"MRB", "EFI" and "GPT" problem when trying to Clean-Install W11 onto my Dell laptop.: I encountered this problem when trying to Clean-Install Windows 11 to my Dell Latitude 7430 laptop today, please see all three attached pictures. From what I can gather from google it looks like it could have something to do with the "Boot Sequence" or "Boot Mode" of the...