Windows 10: Clean Install on 1-month old Surface Laptop

Discus and support Clean Install on 1-month old Surface Laptop in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Another one-month new issue [img] Santa gave me a new i7 Surface Laptop that I immediately upgraded to W10 Pro. Well, I seem to have a weekly BSD,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by pseudoware, Feb 5, 2018.

1. Clean Install on 1-month old Surface Laptop

Another one-month new issue
    Clean Install on 1-month old Surface Laptop [​IMG]

Santa gave me a new i7 Surface Laptop that I immediately upgraded to W10 Pro. Well, I seem to have a weekly BSD, and many suggestions online say to try a clean OS install. I do nothing on this machine that my lower spec'd Lenovo and MBP can't handle without blinking.

I'm running the media creation tool now. Any suggestions before I move forward? Or any detractors who think I should take a different approach? Thanks.

:)

pseudoware, Feb 5, 2018

2. 100% disk usage on 1 month old laptop running windows 10

There is virtually no disk activity on this trace.. There is lots of cpu usage and it seems the system is to blame. Just to address the cpu usage I would run a system file check

Please run a system file check (SFC) & DISM (if necessary) if you are on win 8 or higher

All instructions are in our Wiki article below...

Should you have any questions please ask us.

System file check (SFC) Scan and Repair System Files

Clean Install on 1-month old Surface Laptop [​IMG]

ZigZag3143 (MS -MVP), Feb 5, 2018
  3. randa23 Win User
    randa23, Feb 5, 2018
  4. Clean Install on 1-month old Surface Laptop

Hi pseudoware

I assume a BSD is a BSOD. You could submit the necessary info to the BSOD team and see what they identify as cause.

BSOD Crashes and Debugging - Windows 10 Forums

Check out the first "Sticky" for posting instructions.

Caledon Ken, Feb 6, 2018
  5. I agree with that recommendation. When you go thru the MCT, there is a selection to include system files or uncheck that option. Either way I suspect it isn't a good idea to do so not knowing what the basic problem is.

MeAndMyComputer, Feb 6, 2018
  6. Yes, BSOD, lol. Thanks for the replies, that's a useful resource. Oh well, I've done the clean install. Not too bad. It's more of a pain getting the system set up the same way, just how I like it. So far, so good (knock on wood). Hope it stays that way, but I'll make use of that tool should the need arise.

pseudoware, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Clean Install on 1-month old Surface Laptop

1. Clean Install on 1-month old Surface Laptop - Similar Threads - Clean Install month

2. Help windows HP laptop 1 month old windows 11os

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Help windows HP laptop 1 month old windows 11os: I bought a cheap hp 14 laptop price was right and it accomplished exactly what I needed.For lack of any explanation here I am.So my laptop came with windows 11 operating system, I use device mostly for online portal access for educational purposes. No streaming except a...
  3. Help windows HP laptop 1 month old windows 11os

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Help windows HP laptop 1 month old windows 11os: I bought a cheap hp 14 laptop price was right and it accomplished exactly what I needed.For lack of any explanation here I am.So my laptop came with windows 11 operating system, I use device mostly for online portal access for educational purposes. No streaming except a...
  4. 1 MONTH OLD PC KEEPS CRASHING

in Windows 10 Gaming
    1 MONTH OLD PC KEEPS CRASHING: hey, my pc is a month old and it continuously crashes when trying to game, I've rolled back drivers, installed new ones, factory reset many times, cleared the cache tried to update direct x, but I looked into the event viewer and found the error logs if I send them could you...
  5. 1 MONTH OLD PC KEEPS CRASHING

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    1 MONTH OLD PC KEEPS CRASHING: hey, my pc is a month old and it continuously crashes when trying to game, I've rolled back drivers, installed new ones, factory reset many times, cleared the cache tried to update direct x, but I looked into the event viewer and found the error logs if I send them could you...
  6. Clean install with old Key

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Clean install with old Key: So I'm helping my buddy build a computer since his bricked and wont boot. I have a windows 10 flash drive to help him install the OS. The only key he has though, is the windows 8 key on the sticker on his tower from when he bought his computer back in 2014 then upgraded to...
  7. My surface 1 laptop won’t install updates

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    My surface 1 laptop won’t install updates: It’s been months but every time I try to install a cumulative update I get error code 0x8000ffff. I’ve tried every solution I’ve seen online and nothing works. The only solution I haven’t tried is factory resetting my laptop but I don’t want to do that. I read online...
  8. !! Surface Laptop 2 day 1 !!

in Windows 10 News
    !! Surface Laptop 2 day 1 !!: Hi. Got a SL2 - i5 - 256GB - 8gb and was really happy with it. If I did a review then I would say looks amazing, good screen, great battery, fantasic keyboard, jittery screen at times, not as much fluidity since since day 1, has lost some faith in it. Mostly I type and...
  9. Advice to reinstall on a 1 month old new computer

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Advice to reinstall on a 1 month old new computer: First thing to know is that this is a 1 month old new ACER Aspire ES1-533-C55P (x64) notebook Win10 Home (x64). About a month ago a friend called me about his wife wasn't able to log in to their Yahoo email account because the password wasn't working anymore and the forgot...
  10. Surface 3 Clean Install

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Surface 3 Clean Install: Hi Everyone I have recently upgraded my Surface 3 to Windows 10 and I wish to do a clean install, to install a fresh copy of windows without having all the old data from Windows 8.1. Would I be fine following, "How to do a clean install" tutorial via Ten Forums or would...