Windows 10: Clean install on 2 PCs

Discus and support Clean install on 2 PCs in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I have 2 PCs. PC1 has W10 Home, PC2 has W10 Pro. Both came from retail Win7 licenses. I am changing the CPU and mobo in PC1. I also want to do clean... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by DHHJ, Feb 12, 2017.

1. DHHJ Win User

Clean install on 2 PCs

I have 2 PCs. PC1 has W10 Home, PC2 has W10 Pro. Both came from retail Win7 licenses. I am changing the CPU and mobo in PC1. I also want to do clean installs on both PCs, to refresh them. But I want to put my W10 Pro license on PC1 and put W10 Home on PC2 .
    1. What do I need to do to get ready for the license switch beforehand. MS assignment? Anything else?
    2. Where can I get a current ISO for the clean install?
    3. Do I provide my Windows 7 keys during install and W10 auto activates? Or do I use the troubleshooter? Will I need to contact MS Support?
    4. Is there an order that I need to follow as to which PC gets the fresh install first?
    Thanks.

:)

2. ActiveSync 4.5 on 2 PC's deletes information.Please help!

MogulUser wrote:

Here are examples:

I correct a phone number in my mobile outlook on the phone, but when I sync up it reverts back to the old number.

I correct the number on my home PC, sync to my phone (and it shows ok on the phone), sync to my work pc and it reverts back to the old number.

Only once did this happen to me but it was quite a while ago. It had to be a flag was wrong somewhere so when the sync began, it did not realize that teh device had the most recent entry. It was very frustrating.

Eventually, I deleted the partnership on my office computer, went home and synced my device with my home computer (which had everything correct) and when I returned to work, setup a new partnership, synced and all was once again fine.

Jack Cook - aka Help_Line, Feb 12, 2017
  3. ActiveSync 4.5 on 2 PC's deletes information.Please help!

Try reinstalling Activesync.

Linley Meslier, Feb 12, 2017
  4. NavyLCDR New Member

Clean install on 2 PCs

Make sure your digital licenses for Windows is linked to a MS Account:
    Microsoft Account - Link to Digital License on Windows 10 PC

Make sure you have the product keys for your Windows 7 recorded. You can probably retrieve them from upgrades if you have not done clean installs before using showkey plus:
    ShowKeyPlus

Download Windows 10

Yes, in that order. I would first try activation with the Windows 7 product keys. If that doesn't work then use the activation troubleshooter. If that doesn't work then contact Microsoft.

No.

NavyLCDR, Feb 12, 2017
Thema:

Clean install on 2 PCs

1. Clean install on 2 PCs - Similar Threads - Clean install PCs

2. Win 11 on 2 pcs

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Win 11 on 2 pcs: Hi,I have a pc with a win11 pro OS installed on it. I will build another pc for gaming this week. I want to use both pc. The first one for my job and the other for gaming. Can I used the same licence on both of the pcs or do I need to buy another win11 key ? Secondly, if I...
  3. Win 11 on 2 pcs

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Win 11 on 2 pcs: Hi,I have a pc with a win11 pro OS installed on it. I will build another pc for gaming this week. I want to use both pc. The first one for my job and the other for gaming. Can I used the same licence on both of the pcs or do I need to buy another win11 key ? Secondly, if I...
  4. 2 pcs 1 microsoft account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    2 pcs 1 microsoft account: I have a laptop with windows 10 and bought another system with windows 11 . Both pcs are registered to the same account. The problem is that the windows 11 system doesnt activate and i cannot receive my mail .Do i need to use a different account for my new system?...
  5. 2 games on 2 pcs at the same time

in Windows 10 Gaming
    2 games on 2 pcs at the same time: I have one Microsoft account, can my son play Minecrat on pc at the same time my other son plays call of duty on a different pc? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/2-games-on-2-pcs-at-the-same-time/d64e1846-ca66-4756-9f55-7eb3e2b4cf1a
  6. 2 networks 2 PCs

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    2 networks 2 PCs: Hii. I have 2 networks in my work place one is for PCs and the other for Machine , this one for machines has an IP cam connected to it now i need to access this cam from PCs on the first network , you have to know that the second pc for machine is connected to the first...
  7. Clean Install of New Dell Inspiron 2 in in

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Clean Install of New Dell Inspiron 2 in in: I was ready to do a clean install so I didn't have the bloatware that normally comes with a new computer, but have run into a couple of snags. When I booted from the USB drive and tried to install windows, it couldn't find a partition. Well, obviously there's a partition--two...
  8. Connect 2 PCs wirelessly

Connect 2 PCs wirelessly: I am trying to get two PCs (both running Win 10) to talk to each other wirelessly. Both show they are paired one with the other but they will not connect. How do I get them to connect so I can use Wninows Explorer to see their respective files?...
  9. 2 PCs. 2 connections. Can't figure it out.

2 PCs. 2 connections. Can't figure it out.: Odd one this. I have my main PC... and a PC under the TV acting as a HTPC. The 2 are directly connected by a network cable. In addition both have a Wifi dongle and both get internet via WiFi I wish to transfer files from the PC to the HTPC via the wire as it is much...
  10. Clean install + 2 apps = 55gb

in Windows 10 Support
    Clean install + 2 apps = 55gb: I've not used Windows on a home computer for several years but decided to create a virtual machine of Windows 10 just to see how it is. So installed a clean copy downloaded from Microsoft website and added SharePoint Designer 2013 and Visual Studio Community 2015 to give a...