Windows 10: Clean install on a HP tablet

Discus and support Clean install on a HP tablet in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi everyone. I have a HP elite pad which has been wiped CLEAN. I have a bootable USB version of W10. I have changed the boot order in the BIOS to boot... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by b757bob, Mar 13, 2018.

1. b757bob Win User

Clean install on a HP tablet

Hi everyone. I have a HP elite pad which has been wiped CLEAN. I have a bootable USB version of W10. I have changed the boot order in the BIOS to boot from USB.
    My problem is that I can't get beyond the language selection page because the touch screen doesn't appear to work once I have left the BIOS. The last time I used windows was XP and I am converting 'myself' back from apple products so any help would be appreciated. I have a 'dongle' that fits in the multipin socket at the base of the tablet and this has a USB socket on the end of a short lead that I am filling with the W10 stick.
    Will I need a USB hub and a USB keyboard to continue?
    Am I wasting my time and effort?
    Thanks in advance.

:)

b757bob, Mar 13, 2018

2. Windows - Clean install on EFI Tablet PC

Thanks for the reply. Though you have partially replied my first question, I'd like answer for 2 & 3 too. And, do I have to create a GPT partition using diskpart after clean all for Windows to properly install on my system?

Vishnu Hari Kumar, Mar 13, 2018
  3. Windows - Clean install on EFI Tablet PC

For UEFI based devices, you should prepare the ISO using the following instructions:

For UEFI based systems

If your computer is UEFI based, these are normally systems that come pre-loaded with Windows 8 or later, you will need to prepare the ISO file for such a configuration or you will receive an error message
    during setup. The thumbdrive needs to be formatted as FAT32 and use the GPT partitioning scheme. To do this, you need to use
    Rufus, a small tool you can download for free.

Clean install on a HP tablet [​IMG]

Rufus - credit: Pete Batard/Akeo

After you have installed Rufus:

• Launch it
    • Select ISO Image
    • Point to the Windows 10 ISO file
    • Check off Create a bootable disk using
    • Select GPT partitioning for EUFI firmware as the Partition scheme
    • Choose FAT32 NOT NTFS as the File system
    • Make sure your USB thumbdrive in the Device list box
    • Click Start
    • Close when complete

Andre Da Costa, Mar 13, 2018
  4. EdTittel Win User

You could use a USB hub to attach multiple USB devices to the single USB port you have available. If you have an external keyboard and mouse you'll only need them until you get the touch screen (and on-screen keyboard, by extension) working. Hopefully, you can borrow these items without having to buy them, if you don't own them already.
    HTH,
    --Ed--

EdTittel, Mar 13, 2018
  5. cereberus Win User
    You need a usb hub to attach a keyboard and mouse, as well as installation drive. Your biggest issue is for tablets, the special touchscreen, rotation and camera drivers are often not in the standard MS iso.

However, being HP, it is likely you can download them from HP.

I always advise people with tablets to make a system image backup with Macrium Reflect Free BEFORE wiping tablet, so you are certain the special drivers are available to you by mounting system image as a drive if the MS iso etc. cannot find them.

cereberus, Mar 13, 2018
  6. b757bob Win User
    Thanks everyone. I'll give it a try later today.

b757bob, Mar 13, 2018
  7. IF it's an Elitepad 900 then you're most likely, out of luck.

That model came with Win8x preinstalled and HP has no Win10 drivers for it -- and they are no longer writing new Win10 drivers for their "older" model laptops, tablets, and desktops.

Mark Phelps, Mar 13, 2018
  8. b757bob Win User

Its the 1000 G2. Thanks for the info.

b757bob, Mar 13, 2018
  9. Mark Phelps, Mar 14, 2018
  10. b757bob Win User
    Thanks everyone. It seems to work ok thanks to the chipset driver link above. I am very grateful.

b757bob, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Clean install on a HP tablet - Similar Threads - Clean install tablet

2. Clean install + keep HP recovery partition

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Clean install + keep HP recovery partition: Hi there,so i bought a new HP pc and it came pre-installed with an activated Windows 11 *Home* and a bunch of bloatware.I have a Windows 11 *Pro* Retail USB-stick/license, so i plan to do a clean install with it.Now, I'm wondering whether it would be wise to keep the HP...
  3. Clean install + keep HP recovery partition

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Clean install + keep HP recovery partition: Hi there,so i bought a new HP pc and it came pre-installed with an activated Windows 11 *Home* and a bunch of bloatware.I have a Windows 11 *Pro* Retail USB-stick/license, so i plan to do a clean install with it.Now, I'm wondering whether it would be wise to keep the HP...
  4. Clean install on HP Probook - Which ISO?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Clean install on HP Probook - Which ISO?: Hi @ all and big ups for the forum. I have a HP Probook 450 G7 notebook which definetely needs a clean install, although it is currently running latest version 20H2. I have checked with the HP cloud recovery service, the provided "recovery' media is just an bootable .ISO...
  5. Clean Install HP Envy x360

Clean Install HP Envy x360: I am wanting to do a clean install on my HP Envy. I downloaded the latest version of Windows and made an install disk on USB drive. Tried to run but multiple attempts it hund at "14% … checking for updates". Followed some suggestions and shut off various programs that...
  6. Clean virgin install of Win10pro64 on a "clean", Refurbished HP 8300 Elite.

Clean virgin install of Win10pro64 on a "clean", Refurbished HP 8300 Elite.: Can this be accomplished..?? I ask because I have one I just bought, but I'm stumped at the EULA, which returns "OOBEREGION" for my selected Region of US, also "OOBEKEYBOARD" for my Keyboard selection and finally "OOBEEULA" for the final EULA acceptance, which as these...
  7. Clean install windows 10 on hp laptop

Clean install windows 10 on hp laptop: Hello. I have some questions. I want to clean install windows 10 on hp laptop but i am worried about the drivers. What should i do about that? If i have to get a backup of the drivers, where should i put them? After the clean install, will i just replace the drivers folder...
  8. Clean installing windows on a tablet

Clean installing windows on a tablet: I have a tablet and used to frequently clean install it every time a new edition was released or I ran out of storage. Unfortunately a few days back the usb I had setup broke so i was searching for the autounattend.xml file. I read about it a year back on microsoft site. I...
  9. Clean install on Windows 10 Tablet - UEFI

Clean install on Windows 10 Tablet - UEFI: I have a Slide i701 which came with Windows 8.1 and I used the Media Creation Tool ISO to upgrade it to Windows 10 Home Single Language x86. Yesterday, I downloaded the 1511 Build for the same. I'd like to clean install the build using the ISO and by clean install I mean, I...
  10. Windows 10 installation on HP Stream 7 Tablet

Windows 10 installation on HP Stream 7 Tablet: Hi everyone! This is what I got: I am trying to upgrade my Stream 7 Tablet from Win8.1 - Win10 The tablet has been reset to factory settings & my Microsoft account is synced with the device. What are the ways I can download/install it. like step by step please....