Windows 10: Clean install on new hardware

Discus and support Clean install on new hardware in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I'm sure this has been asked many times and I can see a lot of threads similar to this but each one had some different detail about it, so I just went... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by JunJay, May 20, 2018.

1. JunJay Win User

Clean install on new hardware

I'm sure this has been asked many times and I can see a lot of threads similar to this but each one had some different detail about it, so I just went ahead and made a new one.

I'm planning on upgrading my hardware in a few weeks, specifically :

• Asus - ROG STRIX Z370-E GAMING ATX LGA1151 Motherboard
    • Intel - Core i7-8700K 3.7GHz 6-Core Processor
    • Corsair - Vengeance LPX 32GB (2 x 16GB) DDR4-3200 Memory
    • Samsung - 960 EVO 250GB M.2-2280 Solid State Drive

I only listed the important ones, which I think are going to affect my Windows installation.

Now to the point : I have a free Windows 10 Home updated from Windows 7, my hardware is what you see on my profile. What I want to do is perform a clean install on the new 960 EVO drive along with the new components and I'm not entirely sure how to do that since I don't have the installation media, my CD/DVD drive doesn't work properly but I do have spare USB sticks if needed and I have the license files safely stored (it's a procedure I read on this forum some time ago).

My main concern, though, is if Windows 10 will like the new environment with the actual license or if I have to purchase a new one or whatever Microsoft requires me to do, which is why I'm planning ahead and asking here for some guidance on what will be the best approach in this case.

To sum it up, what I'm asking is :

• How to perform a clean install in this given situation?
    • Will I require a new license from Microsoft?

Thanks in advance for any help *Smile

:)

JunJay, May 20, 2018

2. Windows 10 clean install to new HDD

I have installed WIN 10 with original win 7 in windows.old on C drive.

I now want to clean install Windows 10 to a new hdd to replace C drive. I have the downloaded win disk.

Will the win 10 install disk install to the new clean disk and how is it activated if installed.

All other hardware remains unchanged.

CharlesMulholland, May 20, 2018
  3. Windows 10 clean install.

Greetings,

My computer is 64 bit but I was running Windows 7/ 32 bit.

Using the free upgrade I installed Windows 10 / 32. I would like to do a clean install of Windows 10/64. Can you please confirm that the following steps are correct?

• I need to install Clean Windows 7/ 64 bit (I have the original Windows 7 OS disc) (totally wipe everything)
    • Download the Windows 10 64 bit and install it. Download Windows 10
    Can you please confirm that:

• This is correct
    • This will protect my free upgrade.
    • I can use the Windows 7 product key for new Windows 10 installation. If not where would I get the Windows 10 free product key.

Thanks

Baha Habashy, May 20, 2018
Thema:

Clean install on new hardware

1. Clean install on new hardware - Similar Threads - Clean install hardware

2. Windows 11 - various BSOD after clean install on new hardware

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 - various BSOD after clean install on new hardware: I just built a completely new PC and clean installed Win11 Pro on it.However the PC is not running stable but having BSOD all the time. Sometimes it runs smoothly for a few hours but then crashes again. Sometimes multiple times in a row. At one point the PC didn't start up at...
  3. Windows 11 - various BSOD after clean install on new hardware

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 - various BSOD after clean install on new hardware: I just built a completely new PC and clean installed Win11 Pro on it.However the PC is not running stable but having BSOD all the time. Sometimes it runs smoothly for a few hours but then crashes again. Sometimes multiple times in a row. At one point the PC didn't start up at...
  4. Windows 11 - varios BSOD after clean install on new hardware

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 - varios BSOD after clean install on new hardware: I just built a completely new PC and clean installed Win11 Pro on it.However the PC is not running stable but having BSOD all the time. Sometimes it runs smoothly for a few hours but then crashes again. Sometimes multiple times in a row. At one point the PC didn't start up at...
  5. Windows 11 - varios BSOD after clean install on new hardware

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 - varios BSOD after clean install on new hardware: I just built a completely new PC and clean installed Win11 Pro on it.However the PC is not running stable but having BSOD all the time. Sometimes it runs smoothly for a few hours but then crashes again. Sometimes multiple times in a row. At one point the PC didn't start up at...
  6. Clean New Install

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Clean New Install: I recently retired and was given my work surface pro on the way out. I need to do a clean install on my Surface Pro as I no longer am part of the enterprise. I keep getting a pop up window stating I need to activate windows. How do I proceed? Thanks....
  7. Clean install of a new SSD

in Windows 10 Support
    Clean install of a new SSD: I recently installed a new ssd for my OS, some a game and some programs off a USB stick. Now I have a two system reserved (D:) and (E:) with nothing in them, I'm assuming there is some hidden files but I'.m curious if I can delete them to regain the little bit of space (I...
  8. Clean Windows 10 Install on new hardware but same key

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Clean Windows 10 Install on new hardware but same key: So I recently had computer issues and I believed it to be my 5 year old SSD. I purchased a new SSD and a fresh copy of Windows 10 about a week ago but the problems persisted so I decided to this Black Friday to just go ahead and purchase all new hardware. I want to do another...
  9. Doing a new Clean install..

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Doing a new Clean install..: I'm about to do a clean install of Win10 again once I get my new SSD in the mail. I already have a image of the installation on a DVD from back when Win10 was just being available. Should I make an updated image from the media creation tool or is my old image ok to use?...
  10. New install on clean hardware, 64bit, endless black screen on reboot

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    New install on clean hardware, 64bit, endless black screen on reboot: Win 10 installs and opens the first time. Once it gets reset (it automatically starts downloading updates and requires a reset), it boots back to a black screen where nothing happens. I tried repair, etc. from the Win10 installation DVD, but it gives me an error. I have...