Windows 10: Clean Install on ROG: Error 0x8007025D (cannot install required files)

Discus and support Clean Install on ROG: Error 0x8007025D (cannot install required files) in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hey guys! I have a new ASUS ROG G751JT-DH72 laptop, and I have been trying to install Windows 10 and Ubuntu on it. It came with Windows 8.1, so I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by mrmatteastwood, Aug 28, 2015.

1. Clean Install on ROG: Error 0x8007025D (cannot install required files)

Hey guys!

I have a new ASUS ROG G751JT-DH72 laptop, and I have been trying to install Windows 10 and Ubuntu on it. It came with Windows 8.1, so I upgraded to 10, then did a clean install of 10. Version was Home 64 bit.

That went reasonably well: only thing after the clean re-install was that on boot, the screen did nothing but flash on and off. I found out that I could get it unstuck by mashing F12, and that disabling fast boot fixes the problem permanently. My cleanly installed fresh Windows 10 worked perfectly.

I then installed Ubuntu 15.04 in the small space that I had left for it on the SSD, and gave it the whole 1 TB drive for my "home" folder.

Afterwards, Windows was gone. Mind you, the bootloader still showed up in the Grub menu, but when I tried to launch it, it told me something was wrong and I had to recover it. I tried, but couldn't: bootrec /scanos told me it found no Windows installations.

So I figured: second attempt! I rebooted using the Windows 10 DVD, and during parititioning nuked everything and created new partitions from scratch.

About 90% through the "Getting files ready" part, it failed. Error:

"Windows cannot install required files. Make sure all files required for installation are available, and restart the installation. Error code: 0x8007025D"

I see some people here had the same thing, but not on laptops as far as I can tell. Anybody out there who has any idea how to fix this? I tried:

- Two Windows 10 discs
    - UEFI and CSM mode

Right now, I'm installing Ubuntu on the PC in CSM mode. That way, it'll at least have *one* operating system... Clean Install on ROG: Error 0x8007025D (cannot install required files) o_O

Really hope anybody has any idea here. Thanks in advance, everybody!

:)

mrmatteastwood, Aug 28, 2015

2. Windows 10 OS doesn't load after BIOS

Hi,

I've tried doing clean install of windows but I got the below error.

Windows cannot install required files. Make sure all required files for installation are available, and restart the installation. Error code 0x8007025D.

Please suggest how to recover this error and get the installation done successfully.

Thanks and regards,

Shivakumar V W

ShivakumarWantamutte, Aug 28, 2015
  3. Windows 10 installation stuck at 52% following bulescreen with error REGISTRY_ERROR

Hi, I tried this and it said "Windows cannot install required files. Make sure all files required for installation are available, and restart the installation. Error code: 0x8007025D" ??

IllinoisWedges, Aug 28, 2015
  4. n0xi Win User

Clean Install on ROG: Error 0x8007025D (cannot install required files)

I have the same problem.. I have tried different ways to clean install windows 10 but I still get the 0x8007025D error code :/

5. Hey n0xi! I fixed the problem on my end just now, and I hope my solution can help you.

A quick history: when I first re-installed Windows 10 yesterday morning (the one time it worked properly!), I did it from a DVD that I had burned on July 29th from an ISO downloaded using Microsoft's tool that very day. After reinstalling fresh yesterday morning, I left that disc at my girlfriend's place (cos she wanted to reinstall on her own PC).

After I screwed up my Windows partition with Ubuntu the same afternoon, the good disc was still at my gf's place. So I burned a NEW disc from another ISO. That ISO was from mid-August.

The short story is: the 2 discs that failed me yesterday were both burned from a corrupted ISO!!

This evening, I got the original disc (from the July 29th ISO) back from my girlfriend and it worked. Questions you could look into:

• When did you burn your disc?
    • When did you download the ISO for it?
    • Did you check the ISO's integrity? (I found an article for this online, but bookmarked it on my desktop PC's Windows partition and right now I'm in Ubuntu. I'll follow up).

You might try downloading the ISO again and making another startup DVD or USB key. If you have a friend who has burned him/herself a Windows 10 DVD and managed to install it from that, borrow their disc.

Also, definitely make yourself an Ultimate Boot CD, boot your PC with that and use all its cool tools to test your PC's hardware. You want to make 100% sure all components are working properly.

This freaked the hell out of me and I really hope some of the above can help you. I'll continue monitoring this thread and will try to help, so by all means report back.

mrmatteastwood, Aug 29, 2015
  6. mrmatteastwood, Aug 29, 2015
  7. STILL GETTING THIS ERROR?I believe I have solved the problem. I attempted a fresh installation of Windows 10 on to my brand new "OCZ Trion 150 480 GB SSD". This resulted in the error, "Windows cannot install required files. Make sure all the files required for installation are available, and restart the installation. Error Code: 0x8007025D". After reading many FORUMS, this one included and trying all the various suggestions, nothing worked! I borrowed my son's Kingston Hyper X 250 (125 GB SSD), and ran a successful installation with no errors. This PROVED that my installation media which I created using Microsoft's media creation tool was just FINE. It also proved that nothing was wrong with my hardware. I suspected that maybe it was a bad SSD that I had. So I went out and bought a brand new "Corsair Force LE 480GB SSD". I ran an installation, this resulted in the error, "Windows cannot install required files. Make sure all the files required for installation are available, and restart the installation. Error Code: 0x8007025D". So could I possibly have TWO BAD SSD units? No, not at all... I remembered that my son's SSD was a small volume 125GB drive. So on a hunch I did the following:So I placed my SSD (Corsair) in an external enclosure, connected it to my laptop, formatted (not Quick Format, but Full Format).I then created two partitions, Vol1 (125GB - primary) and Vol2 (355GB).I then opened DISKPART and did a CLEAN and then I CONVERTED the volume to MBR from GPT.Next I mounted the SSD back in to my PC.I Reset my BIOS to Factory Defaults just to be safe.I Ran the installation on the 125GB partition.WINDOWS 10 installed just fine.So this means that neither of my SSDs were bad, it means Windows 10 FREAKS OUT when installing fresh on large volume SSDs. Possibly anything over 250 GB. Good luck! FYI... How to do DISKPART1. Type Diskpart, press Enter2. Type List Disk , press Enter3. Type Select Disk # (where # is the number your drive shows up as), press Enter4. Type Clean, press Enter5. Type Convert MBR, press Enter6. Type Exit, press Enter.SOLUTION by Anthony from Ghost Hunting Apps for Windows | Ghost Hunting Software for Windows | Paranormal Apps for Windows

afsanchez001, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Clean Install on ROG: Error 0x8007025D (cannot install required files)

1. Clean Install on ROG: Error 0x8007025D (cannot install required files) - Similar Threads - Clean Install ROG

2. Windows 10 USB Installation Error 0x8007025D Windows cannot install required files

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 USB Installation Error 0x8007025D Windows cannot install required files: I own a DELL laptop. DELL Latitude E6510 with specs: core i5 M560 2.67GHz, 4GB RAM,300GB Hard disk and Integrated Intel HD Graphics. I started after I installed Windows 10 pro on my laptop which I recently bought from the store. But my laptop started to lag and it wasn't...
  3. Consistent Error code: 0x8007025D on a clean install

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Consistent Error code: 0x8007025D on a clean install: Howdy! I've just installed a new SSD WD Black sn750 1TB to my motherboard Gigabyte Z97X G1 Gaming 7, but in trying to install windows, I've been getting Error code 0x8007025D. The previous SSD V-Nand 950 Pro NVM worked fine with the system. I've tried using all official...
  4. Error 0x8007025D when clean installing Windows

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Error 0x8007025D when clean installing Windows: I've decided to refurbish a laptop for recycling purposes. The laptop didn't have Windows on its OS, so I created a bootable USB and started to clean install windows. Here are the exact steps I take: Plug in the USB Turn on the laptop Load into the Media Tool Click install...
  5. Windows cannot install required files, Error Code 0x8007025D

in Windows 10 News
    Windows cannot install required files, Error Code 0x8007025D: [ATTACH]If when you try to update Windows 10 with a new Feature Update you encounter the error code 0x8007025D with the accompanying error message Windows […] This article Windows cannot install required files, Error Code 0x8007025D first appeared on TheWindowsClub.com....
  6. Clean install Error 0x8007025D

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Clean install Error 0x8007025D: I know this question has been asked a lot of times, but I tried a lot of solutions but non succeded. I am trying to do a clean install on asus rog strix scar 2 model GL504GW-ES006T but every time I try to do a clean install the installation process stops at 70% with this...
  7. Error Code 0x8007025D Windows cannot install required files

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Error Code 0x8007025D Windows cannot install required files: I'm trying to set up a Windows 10 VM with Virtualbox, but after reinstalling Virtualbox, and the Windows 10 ISO multiple times, I keep getting this error message. Any idea on how to fix it?...
  8. Windows 10 clean installation Windows Cannot install Required Files. Error code: 0x8007025D...

Windows 10 clean installation Windows Cannot install Required Files. Error code: 0x8007025D...: If your trying to do a Clean Windows installation Via USB And You cannot Get passed "expanding Windows Files" Part of the installation You Might have A bad Windows boot ISD ISO. To get a clean working ISO on to ur USB Make sure Your Factory Reset The USB To FAT32, And is...
  9. Windows cannot install required files 0x8007025D Windows install error

Windows cannot install required files 0x8007025D Windows install error: i'm trying to install windows (i tried 7 and 10), the pc is new (intel g840, 500gb hdd, 4gb ram), I install with usb ( with rufus) , I do not succeed because I'm having an error while installing : "Windows cannot install required files. Make sure all files required for...
  10. error 0X8007025D during clean install

error 0X8007025D during clean install: I have used searched and looked through posts of other people with this problem and have tried almost everything. I'm booting from bios to a usb and installing windows 10 on a 250gb ssd and it get to about 77-82% and the spits out the error 0x8007025D and I cant get it to go...
Tags: