Windows 10: Clean install or not

Discus and support Clean install or not in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I installed W10 over virgin copies of W7 Pro on two computers. After a clean disk to get rid of all install files I will have pretty much a clean... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Thomas, Aug 3, 2015.

1. Thomas Win User

Clean install or not

I installed W10 over virgin copies of W7 Pro on two computers. After a clean disk to get rid of all install files I will have pretty much a clean install. What would be the advantage to now do a complete clean install ? Everything seems to be working ok.

:)

Thomas, Aug 3, 2015

2. Can not clean install or reset windows 10

Ill do this one. MS Chat did the last two and burned them to a disk

Ill leep my fingers crossed

LuckyJackPWinner, Aug 3, 2015
  3. Can not clean install or reset windows 10

I used power iso and its burned to a disk and yes I changed the boot sequence. It still boots up into Windows 10 desktop. I even took it out of fast boot

LuckyJackPWinner, Aug 3, 2015
  4. Clean install or not

Maybe none that you'd ever notice.

You say virgin, which implies little use.

But some folks can't stand the doubt and the possibility of being "unclean", so that will likely govern your decision and be reflected in any further comments you might get.

And I think a clean will prevent you from reverting to W7 Pro unless you have made an image file of that installation.

ignatzatsonic, Aug 3, 2015
  5. Thomas Win User
    These were TechNet copies of W7 Pro that I never used and were installed with out any modifications. I have only used the W7 Ultimate versions and didn't want to take a chance of losing there keys.

Thomas, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Clean install or not

1. Clean install or not - Similar Threads - Clean install

2. Persistent Virus Issue After Multiple Clean Installations

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Persistent Virus Issue After Multiple Clean Installations: Hello,I unintentionally downloaded a virus that seems to be associated with XAMPP, causing my computer's applications, including Windows programs, to attempt connections to malicious IPs, which Malwarebytes has been blocking. Despite formatting my C: drive and deleting D:...
  3. Persistent Virus Issue After Multiple Clean Installations

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Persistent Virus Issue After Multiple Clean Installations: Hello,I unintentionally downloaded a virus that seems to be associated with XAMPP, causing my computer's applications, including Windows programs, to attempt connections to malicious IPs, which Malwarebytes has been blocking. Despite formatting my C: drive and deleting D:...
  4. pc was BSOD'ing everywhere couldnt reset windows, now i cant clean install

in Windows 10 Gaming
    pc was BSOD'ing everywhere couldnt reset windows, now i cant clean install: PC BSOD's while playing a game.PC continues to randomly while playing a game crash for weeks.restarting randomlyThought it might be related to some services, deleted gaming services.Restored all services as this didn't fix the issue.Noticed errors in Event Viewer; couldn't...
  5. pc was BSOD'ing everywhere couldnt reset windows, now i cant clean install

pc was BSOD'ing everywhere couldnt reset windows, now i cant clean install: PC BSOD's while playing a game.PC continues to randomly while playing a game crash for weeks.restarting randomlyThought it might be related to some services, deleted gaming services.Restored all services as this didn't fix the issue.Noticed errors in Event Viewer; couldn't...
  6. How does microsoft know my email adress on a clean windows install.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How does microsoft know my email adress on a clean windows install.: I just did a clean windows install using a bootable windows usb, I cleaned up me ssd and installed afresh copy of windows 11, I created a local account and downloaded office setup.exe from edge WITHOUT LOGGING INTO ANYTHING after the installation was done, I opened powerpoint...
  7. How does microsoft know my email adress on a clean windows install.

How does microsoft know my email adress on a clean windows install.: I just did a clean windows install using a bootable windows usb, I cleaned up me ssd and installed afresh copy of windows 11, I created a local account and downloaded office setup.exe from edge WITHOUT LOGGING INTO ANYTHING after the installation was done, I opened powerpoint...
  8. Fn+Esc not working on HP Victus after clean install

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Fn+Esc not working on HP Victus after clean install: I have an HP Victus Fb-0119AX laptop, and I just did a clean windows 11 install.If I press Fn+Esc key, the HP System Info doesn't come up. Also, before clean installing, pressing fn+f11 would disable touchpad. and while disabling the touchpad by pressing those 2 buttons, and...
  9. Fn+Esc not working on HP Victus after clean install

Fn+Esc not working on HP Victus after clean install: I have an HP Victus Fb-0119AX laptop, and I just did a clean windows 11 install.If I press Fn+Esc key, the HP System Info doesn't come up. Also, before clean installing, pressing fn+f11 would disable touchpad. and while disabling the touchpad by pressing those 2 buttons, and...
  10. BSOD Errors even after clean install of Windows

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD Errors even after clean install of Windows: I am having BSOD errors on my Dell Alienware M17 R5 laptop, i am installing manufacturers drivers but i think its driver related. I am adding my minidump files. Minidump.zip I tried using driver checker and i got BSOD errors hypervisor_error, pfn list corrupt and after trying...