Windows 10: clean install, possible lost driver issue... asus x540sa-BPD0602V ..

Discus and support clean install, possible lost driver issue... asus x540sa-BPD0602V .. in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; clean install, possible lost driver issue... asus x540sa-BPD0602V .. Hi, so my issue is clear. I've been messing with this laptop for... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by goldfingerwtfms, Aug 6, 2018.

1. clean install, possible lost driver issue... asus x540sa-BPD0602V ..

clean install, possible lost driver issue... asus x540sa-BPD0602V ..

Hi,

so my issue is clear. I've been messing with this laptop for thr past few day,

it started as a strtrail.txt file being an issue for start-up I later decided to just scrap the os and format the drive because I couldn't even do an auto repair or get iot too load properly and have enough speed to do anything. after I got it to load, I downloaded all my personal files.. then scrapped it.

I reloaded win 10 with a usb I made but now I can't get the os to load at all.

first I was getting esc0000e then I got ntoskrnl.exe missing with the esc0000e , and now I'm getting winload missing/corrupt. I suspect the drivers not being on the win10 usb the issue.. now how do I fix this? do I try and upload them using another usb with cmd? or redo my win10 usb with the driver's? I haven't coded in years. and when I was trying to fix my original os I kept getting stuck at fixboot being denied access.

I did the whole assign letter v bit , at first I wasnt getting any installs being recognized.

I'm just at a loss for words at what I should be doing now to get this laptop up and running.. I'm using my old laptop I keep connected to my tv to write this right now.. that ones 9 year old and has always run better then the new one I'm trying to fix with which I use for the road.. I plan on selling it as soon as its fixed and buying amazons favorite acer e15 set at $379 currently then putting a 128 or more ssd m.2 and 8 extra gb ram to make it 12gb and using that one for the road..

so any help would be awesome, please

if the drivers are the issue and updating the win10 usb to install correctly with the drivers PLEASE tell me how exactly.

:)

goldfingerwtfms, Aug 6, 2018

2. Clean Install Workaround for Vista

You may remember this news story on techPowerUp! a couple of days ago relating to the lack of clean installs when using the Upgrade Editions of Vista, which required an old OS to be installed. However, Paul Thurrott has managed to find a workaround for this issue, which ironically lets users do a clean install Vista without any previous version of Windows, albeit a little tedious. Here are the steps:
    • Boot from the Windows Vista Upgrade DVD as normal
    • When prompted for a product code, leave this blank
    • Select the version of Vista you have purchased and let Vista install
    • When you boot to your desktop for the first time, run the Vista setup from Windows
    • This time enter your product key
    • When asked whether you want to do an Upgrade of Custom install, select custom and choose a clean install
    • Windows will now install for a second time and you should be able to activate it
    Remember, these steps are only advised for use in order to achieve a clean install of Vista, it is only legal to use the upgrade editions if you have previously purchased the appropriate version of Windows.

Source: DailyTech

Jimmy 2004, Aug 6, 2018
  3. Windows 7 wont install drivers

+1

If you having an issue installing a driver that worked before you formatted or wont install on a fresh build, sometimes this means hardware damage

brandonwh64, Aug 6, 2018
  4. clean install, possible lost driver issue... asus x540sa-BPD0602V ..

Asus Smart Gesture and Asus Touchpad Driver *Wrong Driver Issue*

I did all the methods and the troubleshoot but still I cannot install this Asus Smart Gesture so I'll just try to contact ASUS online. Thanks for helping me.

GamerChancer, Aug 6, 2018
Thema:

clean install, possible lost driver issue... asus x540sa-BPD0602V ..

1. clean install, possible lost driver issue... asus x540sa-BPD0602V .. - Similar Threads - clean install possible

2. Touchpad driver not installing after clean install Windows 7 in Asus Laptop.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Touchpad driver not installing after clean install Windows 7 in Asus Laptop.: Hi, I have installed Windows 7 on my Asus laptop. After I installed it, the touchpad was not working. I thought, It will install by itself. But it didn't install automatically. So I went to install Asus Smart Gesture Asus Touchpad driver. But it didn't install, it said "There...
  3. Touchpad driver not installing after clean install Windows 7 in Asus Laptop.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Touchpad driver not installing after clean install Windows 7 in Asus Laptop.: Hi, I have installed Windows 7 on my Asus laptop. After I installed it, the touchpad was not working. I thought, It will install by itself. But it didn't install automatically. So I went to install Asus Smart Gesture Asus Touchpad driver. But it didn't install, it said "There...
  4. Possible Driver Issue

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Possible Driver Issue: My PC keeps restarting when playing various games. They're all games that the hardware should easily run and I've gone through aa myriad of steps to attempt a fix on this issue. I recently found a post on here regarding running a driver verifier and did that. Now I'm trying...
  5. Possible Driver Issue

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Possible Driver Issue: My PC keeps restarting when playing various games. They're all games that the hardware should easily run and I've gone through aa myriad of steps to attempt a fix on this issue. I recently found a post on here regarding running a driver verifier and did that. Now I'm trying...
  6. Laptop Driver & Clean Installation issues

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Laptop Driver & Clean Installation issues: Heya. As per guidelines, I'll do my best to elaborate as clearly as I can. I'll also try and explain all the events leading up to it. So! I've had this Laptop for about... two years? Three years? It worked fine until about six months or so ago. Randomly, it just started to...
  7. Has someone be able to found windows precision touchpad drivers for asus X540SA or some...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Has someone be able to found windows precision touchpad drivers for asus X540SA or some...: Hi, ive been searching a way to get rid of these stupid asus smart gestures drivers for a while now. while i know that this trackpad is an elan one and many people have been able to replace smart gestures driver with WP Driver but ive tried many drivers and none of them seems...
  8. Possible to upgrade clean install

Possible to upgrade clean install: I have several dell computers with Windows 7 Pro on them and need to upgrade them to 10 before support for 7 falls off in January. Is it possible to do a clean fresh install using my original windows 7 Pro key code or must i do a upgrade which i rather not do? 131433
  9. Motherboard has no Win 10 drivers. Clean install still possible

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Motherboard has no Win 10 drivers. Clean install still possible: I have never been a fan of upgrades. Now I am noT having any issues with the upgrade I did but I still would like to do a clean install. Since my motherboard it 2 yrs old the manufacture feels it's too old to give it Win 10 drivers. I can assume that there will be no way...
  10. Clean install now possible?

Clean install now possible?: Hi Guys, I upgraded from Windows 8 Pro to Windows 10 Pro using the Media Creation Tool method. Can I now follow Brink's tutorial for a clean install, or did I have to use the Get Windows 10 App for a clean install to work? 10181