Windows 10: Clean install - random BSOD

Discus and support Clean install - random BSOD in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hey guys Did a clean install this morning. I am getting the error INTERNAL_POWER_ERROR and it BSODs/reboots. This happens every 30-40 mins. I have... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Maltesespace, Jul 28, 2015.

1. Clean install - random BSOD

Hey guys
    Did a clean install this morning. I am getting the error INTERNAL_POWER_ERROR and it BSODs/reboots. This happens every 30-40 mins. I have installed and updated all drivers and installed the latest BIOS revision (which I don't normally do but I thought it might help)

:)

Maltesespace, Jul 28, 2015

2. [Resolved-Asus replaced physical RAM] Multiple BSODs on newly purchased Windows 10 Signature Edition Asus Zenbook UX305

Thanks for your reply.

I'm now running my machine in Clean Boot environment.

As I was experiencing random BSODs, I can't really reproduce this issue anyhow.

Do I need to continue using my laptop in clean boot setup till BSOD appears again ?

SiddharthSomani, Jul 28, 2015
  3. Dell Alienware X51 R2 BSOD, random reboots and crashes

Unfortunately the clean boot did not address my issue. I am still having random reboots. No BSOD during the clean boot mode, but I have had two random reboots, after which the computer turns itself on and off again in quick succession, before coming
    back online.

MatthewDentonSCG, Jul 28, 2015
  4. Boozad Win User

Clean install - random BSOD

Boozad, Jul 28, 2015
  5. Attachment 26608Sorry *Smile I tend to ignore things even if they are big yellow warnings *Wink Here ya go
    Cheers

6. Boozad Win User
    This is happening on your Dell laptop yes? It's blaming the ATI driver, it may be worth checking the Dell support page for your laptop to see if they're offering Windows 10 drivers for your GPU.
    Code: BugCheck A0, {608, ffffe001047b12e8, 0, 0} *** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for atikmpag.sys *** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for atikmpag.sys Probably caused by : dxgkrnl.sys ( dxgkrnl!DXGADAPTER::SetPowerComponentIdleCBWorker+139 ) Followup: MachineOwner --------- 3: kd> !analyze -v INTERNAL_POWER_ERROR (a0) The power policy manager experienced a fatal error. Arguments: Arg1: 0000000000000608, A driver has attempted to transition a component to idle without a preceeding active request. Arg2: ffffe001047b12e8, POP_FX_COMPONENT component Arg3: 0000000000000000, POP_FX_COMPONENT_FLAGS component condition 3: kd> lmvm atikmdag start end module name fffff801`386b0000 fffff801`39bba000 atikmdag T (no symbols) Loaded symbol image file: atikmdag.sys Image path: \SystemRoot\system32\DRIVERS\atikmdag.sys Image name: atikmdag.sys Timestamp: Thu Jul 16 02:37:09 2015 (55A70AC5) CheckSum: 014A8B0F ImageSize: 0150A000 Translations: 0000.04b0 0000.04e4 0409.04b0 0409.04e4[/quote]

Boozad, Jul 28, 2015
  7. [/quote] Thanks *Smile Probably a glorious windows update driver... These never work on my laptop with w10 ever since the betas. Will install the official AMD one and report back. Cheers

8. Boozad Win User

Keep us posted *Thumbs

Boozad, Jul 28, 2015
  9. Sigh... Updating to the AMD provided W10 driver made it worse - now i am in a reboot/BSOD loop, (the BSOD is the same error) whereas before i at least got half an hour before it BSOD. I will double check dell again but their site did not have updated drivers when i last checked

Maltesespace, Jul 29, 2015
  10. Boozad Win User
    Did you download the driver from Dell or the AMD website?

Boozad, Jul 29, 2015
  11. AMD direct. They have a W10 driver. I always use gpu drivers right from the manufacturer, and the dell site ones are for 8.1 . But I can test it out

12. Boozad Win User
    Yeah if you can give the 8.1 driver a try that would be good. Report back on how it goes mate.

Boozad, Jul 29, 2015
  13. Boozad Win User

It may be worth trying the method in this post.

Boozad, Jul 29, 2015
  14. The normal driver from Dell's site didn't even install, but so far the other link you posted is looking promising... So far no BSOD. I'm going out but when i get back i will keep trying to install my programs and get everything set up and see *Smile Thank you so much!

15. Boozad Win User
    You're welcome, I'm just glad your machine is looking stable.

Boozad, Jul 29, 2015
Thema:

1. Clean install - random BSOD - Similar Threads - Clean install random

2. Random BSODs even after clean windows install

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Random BSODs even after clean windows install: Since January my laptop has been getting Random BSODs, the error codes are different, but the most common one is IRQL_NOT_LESS_THAN_OR_EQUAL. The crashes used to happen rarely and I never thought much about it. They got worse and I decided to update to Windows 11. They got...
  3. Random BSODs even after clean windows install

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Random BSODs even after clean windows install: Since January my laptop has been getting Random BSODs, the error codes are different, but the most common one is IRQL_NOT_LESS_THAN_OR_EQUAL. The crashes used to happen rarely and I never thought much about it. They got worse and I decided to update to Windows 11. They got...
  4. Random BSOD even after clean Windows install.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Random BSOD even after clean Windows install.: Hello, I have a PC mainly used for gaming.It gets a BSOD sometimes most commonly DRIVER_OVERRAN_STACK_BUFFER.I don't really know what causes all this but I have the minidumps so I'll share it with those who want to help.Any helping comment is highly appreciated.The dump...
  5. Random BSOD even after clean Windows install.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Random BSOD even after clean Windows install.: Hello, I have a PC mainly used for gaming.It gets a BSOD sometimes most commonly DRIVER_OVERRAN_STACK_BUFFER.I don't really know what causes all this but I have the minidumps so I'll share it with those who want to help.Any helping comment is highly appreciated.The dump...
  6. Random BSOD even after clean Windows install.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. BSOD during clean install

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD during clean install: Hey, I was getting a bunch of BSOD’s and decided to do a clean install of windows using MCT and a usb, everything installed fine until I got to the getting ready screen and then got a System Service Exception BSOD. This issue has been continuous and I have tried every...
  8. Random BSODs even after clean install

Random BSODs even after clean install: Hello all! I am facing a serious issue with my main desktop computer at the moment. About 4 hours ago, I tried to run a new updated game, but it was unable to start. I then proceeded to update my graphics drivers NVIDIA Dedicated GPU, and I got presented with a BSOD. I do...
  9. RANDOM bsod EVEN AFTER WINDOWS 10 CLEAN INSTALL.

RANDOM bsod EVEN AFTER WINDOWS 10 CLEAN INSTALL.: Here is the memory dump. help please. https://openload.co/f/tkq8GwGyUFc/MEMORY.zip Mini Dumps https://openload.co/f/APowRaM0PY8/102418-6687-01.dmp https://openload.co/f/kaKmP6Led_Y/102418-7671-01.dmp Machine details My machine was a windows 7 pro, Intel DX79TO, I7...
  10. BSOD randomly occurs, even after clean install

BSOD randomly occurs, even after clean install: A few days ago I began having random freezes and crashes with my PC (not BSOD), and during troubleshooting I opted to reinstall my OS at some point, to cover all bases. I have since fixed the freezing and crashing-my hard drive that I use for secondary storage had gone bad-I...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. POP_FX_COMPONENT bsod