Windows 10: Clean install UEFI only 3 partitions

Discus and support Clean install UEFI only 3 partitions in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; hi all I have clean installed windows 10 in UEFI mode it showed 4 partitions but after install only shows 3 partitions in disc managment no MSR... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Boots, Aug 11, 2015.

1. Boots Win User

Clean install UEFI only 3 partitions

hi all I have clean installed windows 10 in UEFI mode it showed 4 partitions but after install only shows 3 partitions in disc managment no MSR reserved partition why How do I know it is UEFI mode

:)

Boots, Aug 11, 2015
  2. arkinn Win User

DATA ERROR: CRC

Hi! I've done everything above. I deleted partition, it's the only drive and only one partition when I bought it then I decided to create a D partition and clean install windows. but after I deleted the partition it say that windows cannot create partition.
    even on DISKPART, CRC error returns whenever I do the Disk Cleaning was successful but creating a partition returns the crc error.

also. the windows installation only initiates when in CSM BOOT, the media (adata 16gb 2.0) was not detected if I set it to UEFI.

arkinn, Aug 11, 2015
  3. Windows 10 Bootable USB, need help with setup

Make sure you backed up all of your data and made the other prepartions from the checklist in

Clean Install Windows 10

Then follow the illustrated steps in the link to boot the media as a UEFI device only, during Custom install delete all partitions down to Unallocated Space to get it cleanest, then easiest is to click Next to let the installer create and format the needed
    partitions and begin install.

Replace media if it will not offer UEFI since we know you have UEFI by the EFI System partition). Not deleting all partitions is
    not a Clean install and builds up a disk junkyard.

Feel free to ask back any questions and let us know how it goes.

Greg Carmack - Windows MVP, Aug 11, 2015
  4. bobkn Win User

In my system, disc management shows 3 partitions. The second one is a 100 MB EFI one.

The diskpart utility shows a fourth one that is hidden from Disk Management.

I'm pretty sure that I have a UEFI install.

bobkn, Aug 11, 2015
  5. Hydranix Win User
    To know if you are installed naps UEFI or Legacy mode, simply look at the disk info for the disk which Windows is installed onto.

In the Disk Management utility, right click on the system disk (Disk 0) and open properties. Check "Partition Style" under the "Volumes" tab.

GPT means UEFI mode, no exceptions.
    MBR means Legacy mode, no exceptions.

If installed as UEFI (you likely are) you should look into trying to disable the Compatibility Support Module (CSM) also known as legacy/bios emulation, if your BIOS supports disabling it. This will speed up the boot process substantially.

If installed in Legacy mode, I suggest you reinstall in UEFI mode.

Hydranix, Aug 11, 2015
  6. Boots Win User
    thanks for speedy replies kernel your advice showed gpt uefi thanks*Smile

Boots, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Clean install UEFI only 3 partitions - Similar Threads - Clean install UEFI

2. Switched from legacy to UEFI, 3 partitions?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Switched from legacy to UEFI, 3 partitions?: I recently switched from legacy to UEFI using the mbr tool, and now under disk management I'm seeing three disks on my C drive. From my understanding, the system reserved partition is only used in legacy boot options. One of my concerns is the EFI system appears to be empty....
  3. Clean Install - Partitions

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Clean Install - Partitions: Hello Forum, I attempted to clean install Win 10 Pro v1909 from ISO on a DVD. I simply clicked on the ISO setup file, and let the system do its thing. Typically, I end up doing these clean installs several times for various reasons. This was my first attempt at a clean...
  4. Clean install in UEFI mode

Clean install in UEFI mode: Hi I am about to receive the bits to upgrade my husbands PC from a simple desktop machine to what the PC Gamer site assures me is a high end gaming machine. However, in the process I want to take the opportunity of also upgrading to a UEFI system from MBR but I'm a little...
  5. Do I need the 3 UEFI partition?

in Windows 10 Support
    Do I need the 3 UEFI partition?: Hi all, I have read that if I pre-partionate my SSD before the OS install (in another computer or with command prompt (diskpart) by pressing SHIFT+F10 at the region/language selection window of the installer), it won't create automatically the 3 UEFI related partitions...
  6. Clean Install Partition Question

Clean Install Partition Question: Hi, I just did a clean install of Windows 10 Home x64. After watching a few YT videos I am now a bit concerned. After selecting "custom installation" I get to the drive screen. I have an SSD and an HDD for data. The HDD I left alone and for the SSD I deleted all the...
  7. Only 3 Windows Updates installed after Clean Install

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Only 3 Windows Updates installed after Clean Install: I cleaned installed Win10 Pro using the Media Creation Tool and how come I only got 3 updates???? This is very strange. I am assuming I would get more updates than these. Running version 1511 build 10586 Is it because Win10 is too new ??? And I kept pressing the...
  8. UEFI install on clean SSD

UEFI install on clean SSD: I've been having some trouble with my existing Windows 10 installation, and I'm planing to resinstall the OS from scratch on a brand new SSD that's fresh out of the box. I want to install it with UEFI and Secure Boot from a USB, as I'm currently using Bios. I've...
  9. Clean Install on HDD only booting on 1/3 computers

Clean Install on HDD only booting on 1/3 computers: I have 3 computers and only 1 of the three boots with a Clean windows 10 install. Samsung: 1 is a all in one Samsung 700A3D that the HDD went bust in. Referb: 2nd is an old custom build that use to run Raid 0 on the. Current: The third is a custom build running off an...
  10. New SSD - Clean Install - 3 (???) Partitions Created!

New SSD - Clean Install - 3 (???) Partitions Created!: Normally I Partition my drives myself using Gparted. With a Fresh out of the box (Not even formatted) I wanted to see what Win10 would do with the drive. It created 3 partitions (Which surprised me). I expected an EFI partition, and the OS partition, but I didn't expect...