Windows 10: Clean install W10 on Surface Pro

Discus and support Clean install W10 on Surface Pro in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; While clean installing W10 on Surface Pro, the following message was returned. Pressed Windows key but nothing happened. The bootable USB install drive... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by churin, Sep 20, 2017.

1. churin Win User

Clean install W10 on Surface Pro

While clean installing W10 on Surface Pro, the following message was returned. Pressed Windows key but nothing happened. The bootable USB install drive was created by Media Creation Tool from MS. I also tried Recovery USB drive created from the Surface Pro machine but the same message. Looks like I am stuck to this situation now.

Clean install W10 on Surface Pro [​IMG]

:)

churin, Sep 20, 2017
  2. Yuroon Win User

Two brand new Surface Pro 4 with sfc /scannow corrupted files after Windows update

Same issue. This solved it for me

• dism /online /cleanup-image /startcomponentcleanup
    • dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth /source:WIM:d:\install.wim:1 /limitaccess

This worked with W10 Clean Install, and after upgrade from 8.1 (Surface Pro 3)

Yuroon, Sep 20, 2017
  3. Surface 2 Pro

Does Surface 2 pro work with Window 10 and have anyone had problem with W10 and surface 2 pro?

JeffODonnell, Sep 20, 2017
  4. dalchina New Member

dalchina, Sep 20, 2017
  5. churin Win User
    It appears that it cannot be solved without going into the hardware: The error message indicates the way-out of this situation is to go into EUFI settings. Since Windows key does not work so that EUFI settings cannot be launched. The same error message is returned no matter what bootable USB drive is used. Thus I have no way to review partitions.

I hope my assessment of the situation as above is incorrect.
    Any suggestion?

churin, Sep 20, 2017
  6. NavyLCDR New Member
    How to start your Surface using your USB recovery drive
    Make sure your Surface is turned off and plugged in, and then insert your USB recovery drive into the USB port on your Surface.
    Press and hold the volume-down button while you press and release the power button on your Surface.
    When the Microsoft or Surface logo appears, release the volume button.

NavyLCDR, Sep 20, 2017
  7. churin Win User
    I talked to MS tech support and asked me to do a lot of things that I had done. The session concluded that it had to be replaced with a new one. I am going to visit a local MS store today to do that.

churin, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Clean install W10 on Surface Pro - Similar Threads - Clean install W10

2. W10 Clean Install/Stuck in Loop

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    W10 Clean Install/Stuck in Loop: I went for a clean install using the Media Creation Tool 1909... booted up on USB and all went well. After the machine rebooted I realized I hadn't cleared all partitions initially, so I stopped the install by powering off (held power off button). When I restarted the PC I...
  3. Just done a clean install of W10

Just done a clean install of W10: I have just done a clean install of Windows 10 pro and when I open Macrium reflect i find that my SSD drive, which I use purely for the O/S, has been split into four partitions. Does anyone know why this would be please. I would have thought that doing the clean install...
  4. W10 Clean Install - Detailed Steps

W10 Clean Install - Detailed Steps: Hello All, At long long last I have the time to switch my desktop from W7 to W10. Am posting a list of what I think are the detailed actions I will have to take for a clean W10 install. Would be great if everyone can have a quick look at my list and post if I have missed...
  5. W10 OS Clean Install on SSD

W10 OS Clean Install on SSD: I'm currently wanting to install a 120GB SSD into my PC. 1) What I want to know is, will the OS on the HDD conflict with the one on the SSD after I do a clean install on it, and make it the boot disc? All I want to use it for is the OS and the games I'm playing the...
  6. Clean install after upgrading to W10?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Clean install after upgrading to W10?: It appears that I have to upgrade install w10 to get the free W10. After that, is it possible to clean install the W10 in place of the W10 install upgraded from W7 or W8.1? 9204
  7. Surface Pro 4 later this year with W10 installed

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Surface Pro 4 later this year with W10 installed: Hi there Surface Pro 3 is proving a lot better than anticipated (the real pro 3 not the RT thingey). However this will surely whet your appetite --could be an Apple killer. Also will have W10 installed (apparently). The NEW Surface Pro 4. The CPU is interesting too as...
  8. Surface 3 Clean Install

Surface 3 Clean Install: Hi Everyone I have recently upgraded my Surface 3 to Windows 10 and I wish to do a clean install, to install a fresh copy of windows without having all the old data from Windows 8.1. Would I be fine following, "How to do a clean install" tutorial via Ten Forums or would...
  9. Clean install w10 from w8

Clean install w10 from w8: Hi guys, I'm stuck at a point where I cant go back nor proceed further, please assist me.. My scenario is i tried clean installation of w10 but as my partition is in GPT format it is not accepting, what I did as a mistake is I formatted the drive having w8, now my pc isnt...
  10. Clean W10 install on an OEM W10 machine

Clean W10 install on an OEM W10 machine: My new Dell Inspiron laptop should arrive this coming Monday. I've been doing some research on doing a clean install. I read where MS won't activate a fresh install over an OEM key. So my Dell with OEM W10 will be activated as such and if I understand correctly if I download...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. surface update w8.1 rt to w10