Windows 10: Clean install Win10 with Update?

Discus and support Clean install Win10 with Update? in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I'm one of those people who generally does a clean install with every new major Windows release. The reason for this is general housekeeping: removing... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by thunderclap, May 14, 2015.

1. Clean install Win10 with Update?

I'm one of those people who generally does a clean install with every new major Windows release. The reason for this is general housekeeping: removing old software no longer needed, clearing out drivers and other files no longer used, etc. I'm curious how this sort of install will work with Windows 10 since they will be utilizing the Windows Update system. Will we be able to do a clean install using the update? Will we have to install the update, and then do a restore (wasting time)? Or will we be forced to pay for a new copy to do a clean install?

:)

thunderclap, May 14, 2015
  2. Arul_D Win User

Clean Win10 Install with touchscreen only

Hello,

I’m sorry for the inconvenience caused. Thank You for letting us know the status of the issue. I appreciate your efforts in fixing this issue.
    If you need further assistance with Windows, let us know and will be glad to help.

Arul_D, May 14, 2015
  3. Clean Win10 Install with touchscreen only

This is not helpful at all. As I wrote earlier, the Windows 10 Setup program did not support the touchscreen and I had no other input device. I solved the problem by using a USB hub and an external keyboard and mouse.

Johannes3141, May 14, 2015
  4. Charlie Win User

Clean install Win10 with Update?

Welcome to TenForums thunderclap. Yes it has been promised that clean install will be allowed with trading in a legal window key . Hang with this Forum and you will be in the know when it happens. *Biggrin

Charlie, May 14, 2015
  5. pcunite Win User
    Sweet, this is what I'm looking for too. I'll watch this thread.

subscribed

pcunite, May 21, 2015
  6. Vladimir Win User
    I think that thunderclap question is if during the continuous Windows process of improvement there will be a way to perform a clean install with all the updates till that time.

I really don't have idea!

*Smile

Vladimir, May 21, 2015
  7. I'm going to have to figure out how best to do this. I want to get a new, larger, SSD and would like to do clean install on it without having to clone the current drive first. I really hope MS makes this as simple as: enter your License Number, download to USB, install, and that's it.

thunderclap, May 25, 2015
  8. Clean install Win10 with Update?

There are so many details yet to be reveled on the ins and outs of how this will work. They could auto detect the key, or ask you for it. For a factory Windows 7 OEM install they may want the product code on the COA sticker, its a unique code to that PC. The factory OEM key isn't, its a common key across PC's from that manufacturer. What if you have Media Center installed? That's its own key.

ISO's will become available at some point, even if Microsoft doesn't provide a link for consumers. They will be up on MSDN, and somebody always leaks those. There will be Retail DVD's too, so some body will make an ISO of one of those and upload it somewhere. I really hope Microsoft does a Media Creation Tool download for Windows 10 like they have for Windows 8 now. No entering product codes, just select the version you want and click next.

alphanumeric, May 25, 2015
  9. One thing I really wish Microsoft would learn from Apple is the number of versions released. Home, Pro, Enterprise, Server, all with Full and Upgrade packages, and 32-bit and 64-bit. There should be 2 or 3 versions max: Windows 10, Windows 10 Enterprise, Windows 10 Server, and all 64-bit. That's it. It would prevent confusion for non-tech people, make it more appealing for those that are considering upgrading, and force people to a 64-bit architecture.

Will there be some incompatibility? Probably, but over the next couple years that incompatibility will go away as people upgrade their other outdated software.

Just my opinion, of course.

thunderclap, May 26, 2015
  10. That sounds good but you left out devices with ARM processors and IoT devices. There is a lot more than just processors that run the x86 and AMD64 instruction sets. I wouldn't mind seeing the Home Pro thing go away and be replaced with one version, say Windows 10 Consumer.

alphanumeric, May 26, 2015
  11. That's valid, but those ARM versions for tablet and phone are auto pushed by MS or the carrier. It's not like you can walk into a store and buy a copy. That's what I was referring to: copies that a consumer can install themselves, be it a desktop or laptop.

thunderclap, May 26, 2015
  12. Ok, I see what your saying. Just for the record though, I have to manually configure an SD card with Windows 10 for IoT for my Pi. It's not pushed to the device by anyone. I have to install it myself. It's a free download.

alphanumeric, May 26, 2015
  13. pcunite Win User

The answer to the OP's question is here. Yes.

pcunite, Jun 3, 2015
  14. M4v3r1ck Win User
    Sweet, this is what I'm looking for too. I'll watch this thread.

subscribed

M4v3r1ck, Jun 3, 2015
Thema:

1. Clean install Win10 with Update? - Similar Threads - Clean install Win10

2. How to install a clean copy of Win10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How to install a clean copy of Win10: I've created the MS Media Creation USB and when I boot it I only see the circulating Media Creation dots and no installation tools appear.Thus far I've changed my American megatrend ASUS Debluxe-Dual CMOS to only boot from the USB device that the Media Creation tool was put...
  3. Issues with clean Win10 Install

Issues with clean Win10 Install: [IMG]I don’t know how to write this I’m not great with computers but this is currently where I’m at and I have no idea where to go from here. I used IBuyPowers guide to fixing “Reboot and select proper boot media, or insert a boot device” and everything was going well up...
  4. DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION after Win10 clean install

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION after Win10 clean install: So, recently, I’ve had problems with Windows 10. It began right after the setup finished. When I close the lid, and it goes to sleep, I would get a flickering screen with the lockscreen before just turning solid white, and a solid white screen with my cursor. After...
  5. How to get a clean install of Win10

How to get a clean install of Win10: Hello, I have a Lenovo notebook that's running slowly due to a monitor driver situation. I ran reset from Win10 settings which didn't help. Then I used Win media tool to make a boot usb and reloaded Win10. This didn't work either. Neither one even removed the desktop...
  6. Clean install or update?

Clean install or update?: Getting everything ready to update from Windows 7 Ultimate to 10. Question is, which method to follow? Clean installation as per this guide. Clean Install Windows 10 Directly without having to Upgrade First Or just follow this guide: Upgrade to Windows 10 from Windows 7...
  7. oobe error at win10 clean install

oobe error at win10 clean install: hello i am working on a old pc and get an weird error ik do a clean install with an original downloaded windows 10 iso so not cracket ore unattende bur original ik have to do a 32 bit install because it is a dell dual core p4 2.8 ghz and at 64 bits install it reports cannot...
  8. Can’t boot clean install of Win10

Can’t boot clean install of Win10: i have a dual boot setup and was not able to complete updates on one of the os’s so decided to do a clean install of it with the new update. Used a dvd install after downloading the iso file from MS, the install finished and i was able to get through the initia setup of the...
  9. BSOD off clean install of Win10

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD off clean install of Win10: After installing windows 10, I am unable to get past the option select screen for timezone/keyboard languages and such without a critical process failure/bsod. Often times I will not even get that far, and it will simply crash the moment it boots. I have already attempted...
  10. Clean install of Win10 Tech Preview - Are There Downsides

Clean install of Win10 Tech Preview - Are There Downsides: Hi All, Sorry about the crazy title, I always have issues with coming up with a good headline for these threads. I want to do a clean install on my desktop with the latest Win10 Dev Preview, but I don't want to do this if I'm not going to get the final version when it...