Windows 10: Clean Install Windows 10 Anniversary

Discus and support Clean Install Windows 10 Anniversary in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hiya....Has the Media Creation tool been updated to this version so I can do a clean install...there is no way of telling? TIA 60042 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Deblk, Aug 12, 2016.

1. Deblk Win User

Clean Install Windows 10 Anniversary

Hiya....Has the Media Creation tool been updated to this version so I can do a clean install...there is no way of telling? TIA

:)

Deblk, Aug 12, 2016
  2. nkuma2171 Win User

Is possible to do Clean Install the Anniversary update of Windows 10

Hey Jaya, Yes you can. The installation media has been updated to windows 10 to the anniversary update. Once you download the in media install media creation tool you can convert your flash drive to bootable media or create .ISO
    File. Once you created either both you can easily clean install Windows 10 anniversary update. If you experience any issue a page exists on the web which has elaborated How
    to Clean Install Windows 10 Anniversary Update

nkuma2171, Aug 12, 2016
  3. Andre Da Costa, Aug 12, 2016
  4. Kari Win User

MCT ISO is version 1607 build 14393.

You can always check any Windows ISO by yourself: double click the ISO to mount it as virtual DVD, check the drive letter it got and give the following command replacing drive letter X with your actual one:

Code: dism /Get-WimInfo /WimFile:X:\sources\install.esd /index:1[/quote]
    Notice that above command applies only to MCT ISO images as they use install.esd instead of install.wim file. For all other ISO images with install.wim simply replace the ESD extension with WIM:

Code: dism /Get-WimInfo /WimFile:X:\sources\install.wim/index:1[/quote]

Clean Install Windows 10 Anniversary [​IMG]

5. Deblk Win User
    Notice that above command applies only to MCT ISO images as they use install.esd instead of install.wim file. For all other ISO images with install.wim simply replace the ESD extension with WIM:

Code: dism /Get-WimInfo /WimFile:X:\sources\install.wim/index:1[/quote]

[/quote] Thank you so you are saying the MCT is up to date with Windows 10 Anniversary *Biggrin

Deblk, Aug 12, 2016
  6. Kari Win User
    Yes. Anyway, I always check my ISO images as told in my previous post before using them, just to be sure. An old school geek, hard to forget old habits: five most important things in computing are backup, backup, backup, backup and check that you are using correct install media.

7. CmmTch Win User
    Kari I used this to check the iso I downloaded using option #1 in this tutorial https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/9...-download.html It states the download is both Home and Pro versions https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/soft.../windows10ISO/

When I used the dism /Get-WimInfo /WimFile:X:\sources\install.wim /index:1 (needed a space between the wim and / ) I get the same thing you show with the Pro version, I've used this USB iso to successfully install the AU in two laptops that are the x64 Pro version. It fails when I try in the x64 Home version, I'm wondering if the iso is not really both Home and Pro. It is over 4G so being larger than the Home version I though that was why, now I'm not so sure.

A screenshot of my iso is below, only shows Pro version, is that correct, or is the Home version hidden due to maybe only showing the highest level version on the iso, or is Pro the only one on it?

CmmTch, Aug 12, 2016
  8. NavyLCDR New Member

If you want to see what versions are in the WIM file, you need to leave the /index:1 off the end of the command.

Or change it to /index:2

Index:1 should be Pro.
    Index:2 should be Home
    Leave the /Index parameter off the end of the command and it will list all the indexes in the file.

NavyLCDR, Aug 12, 2016
  9. CmmTch Win User
    Thank you NavyLCDR, I did that and here's what I got:

Details for image : g:\sources\install.wim
    Index : 1
    Name : Windows 10 Pro
    Description : Windows 10 Pro
    Size : 14,747,431,455 bytes
    Index : 2
    Name : Windows 10 Home
    Description : Windows 10 Home
    Size : 14,586,404,734 bytes
    The operation completed successfully.

CmmTch, Aug 12, 2016
  10. Kari Win User
    Thanks for clarifying this.

My apologies for giving partly false information.

11. NavyLCDR New Member
    You gave entirely the correct answer for the first question asked Clean Install Windows 10 Anniversary :) You have to include the /index:x parameter in order to determine the build number.

NavyLCDR, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Clean Install Windows 10 Anniversary - Similar Threads - Clean Install Anniversary

2. Windows 10 Anniversary CLEAN install: a nightmare!

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows 10 Anniversary CLEAN install: a nightmare!: I'll try to keep it short. I did a clean install of Windows 10 anniversary on a new SSD 240 GB and all the drive detached. I did it 3 time and now it's 10 days I'm working on it to have an working OS. The actual problems are: 1) keep freezing both file explorer and Chrome...
  3. BSOD after clean install Windows 10 Anniversary

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD after clean install Windows 10 Anniversary: Hi, After updating to Windows 10 Anniversary, my PC got this issue: every programs including Start Menu, Taskbar, Windows Explorer, etc freeze after I log in. I couldn't even log off, turn on task manager using Ctrl+Alt+Del or Ctrl+Shift+ESC. I searched and tried many...
  4. How do I clean install Windows 10 Anniversary Update?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How do I clean install Windows 10 Anniversary Update?: First of all, I'm coming from Windows 7. I'm one that was able to upgrade to Windows 10 for free. Am I able to perform a clean install of Windows 10 using the same license I currently have on Windows 10? How would I obtain my current key, then? Is it s imply the Product ID...
  5. Anniversary Win 10 Clean Install off MCT

Anniversary Win 10 Clean Install off MCT: I just did a clean install of 10 1607 & just a question if this normal I just used my 1 tb drive raw unformatted & select custom install means clean i assume it formatted & worked after install but when i go to disk management I do not see any hidden partitions was all in...
  6. Clean Anniversary Install on C: Killed Second HDD

Clean Anniversary Install on C: Killed Second HDD: This was really crazy. I have a hdd where I keep all my keep many things. So after the clean install, I go to my D: drive and it was wiped clean and wants to be formatted as UDF 201 First time I heard anything about this file system. Comments ? 62632
  7. Anniversary Update - Clean Install - First Impressions

in Windows 10 Support
    Anniversary Update - Clean Install - First Impressions: My first impressions: Pros: Seems a bit faster overall - I did a complete system image backup in 00:02:09 (previously took 00:02:35) OS install uses less space (at least for my installation) Event viewer shows no new instances (I had two known issues before and they are...
  8. clean install with anniversary update & disk conversion BIOS to UEFI

clean install with anniversary update & disk conversion BIOS to UEFI: I have an existing Windows 10 Pro installation. My partitions are: system reserved: 500 mb C: boot, page file, primary partition E: logical drive F: logical drive I would like to do a clean install with WIN 10 Anniversary Update (1607), and convert my disk from BIOS to...
  9. Clean Install of Windows 10 including Anniversary Update

Clean Install of Windows 10 including Anniversary Update: I have a problem after installing the Anniversary Update of Windows 10. This post concerns the process which involves a clean re-install of Windows 10 by the method which includes downloading and running Microsoft's Media Creation Tool, choosing "Create Media for another PC"....
  10. Anniversary Update - Clean Install. Start menu anomaly

in Windows 10 Support
    Anniversary Update - Clean Install. Start menu anomaly: Hi all, Wondering if anyone else has experienced an icon display issue on their start menu with the 1607 update? I have just clean installed (and fully updated) the 1607 Anniversary Update on 2 PC's and both are experiencing an identical issue with their start menu. The...