Windows 10: Clean install windows 10 on my SSD

Discus and support Clean install windows 10 on my SSD in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I have a samsung 850 pro 256 gb SSD and the windows install disk i have keeps giving me the same trouble every time i try to clean install it on my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Mirohan, May 9, 2016.

1. Mirohan Win User

Clean install windows 10 on my SSD

I have a samsung 850 pro 256 gb SSD and the windows install disk i have keeps giving me the same trouble every time i try to clean install it on my SSD:

"windows could not format a partition on disk 0 the error occurred while preparing the partition selected for installation error code 0x80070057"

Please Help.

:)

Mirohan, May 9, 2016
  2. DarkLaw Win User

Clean install Windows 10 via free upgrade from Windows 7

I currently have a Windows 7 Pro copy installed on my PC. I want to clean install Windows 10 on my PC but upgrade my HDD to an SSD in the process. So basically I want to put an SSD instead my HDD and simply clean install Windows 10 on it.

How can I get Windows 10 activation code if I clean install it on an SSD that doesn't have Windows 7 installed. Can I upgrade my Windows 7 activation key to a Windows 10 one? Or do I have to install Windows 7 on the SSD first and then upgrade to Windows
    10?

But I don't want to upgrade, I want to clean install Windows 10 since I read that clean installing a nrew operating system is the best way to make sure that it works best with the hardware, and since Win 10 is much newer than Win 7 I want it to be clean
    installed on my new SSD so it makes best use of it.

DarkLaw, May 9, 2016
  3. Windows 10 Upgrade - New SSD

Hi All,

Struggling to find clear answer online.

Currently I have a PC with Windows 7 Pro, my Windows 10 upgrade says it is ready but I have yet to upgrade.

I have purchased and installed a new SSD in my PC.

I'd like to do a clean install of Windows 10 on the new (blank) SSD.

What are my best options?:

1. Upgrade current Windows 7 to 10 and then do clean install of 10 on my new SSD (will this conflict with the upgraded drive)?

2. Clone current Windows 7 to new SSD and upgrade, then format SSD and do clean install?

I'm just worried about activation side of things.

Thanks,

Aidan Flanagan, May 9, 2016
  4. br3nno360 Win User

Hi Mirohan,

I would try
    1. make the drive in the bios is set to the correct setting ie uefi.
    2. Deleting all the partitions then format the drive.
    3. If you are using a desktop- try another sata cable or replace the cable
    4. Plug the hdd into another computer and format first within windows.

br3nno360, May 9, 2016
  5. Mirohan Win User
    I've tried doing everything except taking out the SSD and formatting it on a different computer. Deleting those partitions back to unallocated space did nothing. and trying to reformat the partition they set as primary still brought the same error. I will have to try that 3rd option tomorrow.

Mirohan, May 9, 2016
  6. dalchina New Member
    Hi, don't forget to set AHCI mode for your SSD before installing, when you get that far.

You could try booting your PC from a live boot disk including a partition manager just to see if you can access the disk.

dalchina, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Clean install windows 10 on my SSD - Similar Threads - Clean install SSD

2. Clean Installation of Windows 10 on ssd.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Clean Installation of Windows 10 on ssd.: Unable to boot, getting the following error message from startup repair;Startup repair Log File: D:\Windows\System32\LogFiles\Srt\SrtTrail.txt Tried to use all other methods found, none have worked....
  3. Clean Installation of Windows 10 on ssd.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Clean Installation of Windows 10 on ssd.: Unable to boot, getting the following error message from startup repair;Startup repair Log File: D:\Windows\System32\LogFiles\Srt\SrtTrail.txt Tried to use all other methods found, none have worked....
  4. Clean Installation of Windows 10 on ssd.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. SSD not recognized on windows 10 clean install

in Windows 10 Gaming
    SSD not recognized on windows 10 clean install: Hi all,I've read so many similar threads on this topic and have seemed to try them all without success. I am upgrading my dad's computer for Christmas but am running into this issue. I have opted to do a clean windows 10 install to the new NVME. The drive appears formatted to...
  6. SSD not recognized on windows 10 clean install

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    SSD not recognized on windows 10 clean install: Hi all,I've read so many similar threads on this topic and have seemed to try them all without success. I am upgrading my dad's computer for Christmas but am running into this issue. I have opted to do a clean windows 10 install to the new NVME. The drive appears formatted to...
  7. Clean Install Windows 10 on NVMe SSD

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Clean Install Windows 10 on NVMe SSD: My system specs are as follows: Microsoft Windows 10 x64 Version 1909 Build 18363.778 I'd like to do a clean reinstall of Windows 10 on my laptop, which has an Intel NVMe SSD installed as its only drive. On an HDD, I'd simply use Darik's Boot and Nuke (DBAN) or a similar...
  8. Clean Install of Windows 10 on SSD

Clean Install of Windows 10 on SSD: I've got a clunky 1TB HDD that's just about to fall over. I want to buy a 1TB SSD and rather than transfer everything over from the HDD, I want to do a fresh install of Windows 10 on the SDD. How easy is this and how do I go about it?...
  9. Clean Install of Windows 10 on new SSD

Clean Install of Windows 10 on new SSD: Howdy, I want to do a nice fresh install of Windows 10 on a brand new SSD but am just a bit confused on how I should go about it and what it entails. To be specific, I have 4 drives (2 HDD, 2 SSD) in my PC and was wondering if the data is kept on the other 3 drives (that...
  10. Windows 10 clean install on a new SSD

Windows 10 clean install on a new SSD: I have a Samsung Laptop which had Windows 7 on it. I have replaced the HDD with a new, unused SSD (500Gb). I then tried installing Windows 10 from a bootable USB created using the Microsoft tool. I changed the boot order to USB 1st, and set the SATA Mode to AHCI manually....