Windows 10: Clean install windows 10 with 8 partitions

Discus and support Clean install windows 10 with 8 partitions in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi everyone, i've upgraded from windows 8.1 with uefi bios, so basically now i can do clean install 10 without product key? But the real question is:... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by cerozz96, Jul 29, 2015.

1. cerozz96 Win User

Clean install windows 10 with 8 partitions

Hi everyone, i've upgraded from windows 8.1 with uefi bios, so basically now i can do clean install 10 without product key?
    But the real question is: My pc have 8 partitions, the primary one, 5 of recovery, 1 oem and 1 efi.
    Can i delete all partitions and create only one?
    Thank you

:)

cerozz96, Jul 29, 2015

2. How to Completely Uninstall Windows 10 Home 64 Bit?

I currently just installed a clean Windows 10 Home 64 Bit in another partition (this means that I have Windows 7 in one partition and Windows 10 in another partition and starts up the computer in dual boot). Now I want to uninstall Windows 10 but don't
    know how to do it. Keep in mind that this is a clean install of windows 10 this means that I did not upgraded windows 7/8/8.1 to windows 10 but installed it using the flash drive in an empty partition.

KhizirFarrukh, Jul 29, 2015
  3. 0x6A7232 Win User
    Free upgrade from Windows 7 to Windows 10 -- Dual Boot

OK, so here's the thing:

After you upgrade from 7/8/8.1 and activate 10, then do a clean re-format and install 7/8/8.1 again.

[Tip] Dual Boot Between Windows 10 and Your Existing Windows 7/8.1 OS - AskVG

Install to (create) a smaller partition (so delete your big partition that 7/8/8.1/10 was on before this and re-create whatever size you want 7/8/8.1 on).

--If you forget, you can re-size it later using 10 I do believe.

How to Dual-Boot Windows 10 with Windows 7 or 8

Do a clean install of 10 into another partition (the rest of the drive tat you left unpartitioned, or another drive, etc). Windows 10 should activate, as it's sent your hardware ID to MS and will use that to re-activate.

I believe using this method it should be possible to re-activate both 7/8/8.1 and 10 in a dual-boot scenario after utilizing the free upgrade.

Alternate solution (no clean install): Use the Win 10 clean install with your Win 7/8/8.1 key, as that will now upgrade Win 10 without previously having upgraded.

Microsoft Will Now Let Windows 10 Upgraders Use Windows 7, 8, or 8.1 Product Key to Activate - Thurrott.com

0x6A7232, Jul 29, 2015
  4. Clean install windows 10 with 8 partitions

Hi Cero, welcome to TF!

If you are doing a clean install, then you will be able to reformat the drive to a single partition during installation, when using the installation media it will give you the option of where to install.

When you get to this screen :
    Clean install windows 10 with 8 partitions [​IMG]

You should delete all the unwanted partitions, then click the large un-allocated space that is left.

Windows Sniper, Jul 29, 2015
  5. cerozz96 Win User
    But those partitions are useful? or i can delete them without any problem?

cerozz96, Jul 29, 2015
  6. tumas04 Win User
    During a clean install (meaning you delete all partitions before) windows itself will create two partitions. Partition 1 - System Reserved and Partition 2 - C:.

tumas04, Jul 29, 2015
  7. The Main concern, do you have any data on those partitions that you want to save? If not, then you can delete them without any problems.

Windows Sniper, Jul 29, 2015
  8. topgundcp Win User

This is correct if you install using MBR. Windows will create a 500MB reserved partition and C: drive. However, if you install using EFI, Windows will create 4 partitions: 450MB reserved partition, 100MB System, 16MB MSR and C: Drive.

@OP,
    If you don't have anything to save then the easiest way is:
    • Connect only one disk drive to your PC
    • Boot up the installation media
    • On the first screen, press & Hold SHIFT KEY + F10, a command windows will pop up
    • type: diskpart -> Select disk 0 ->Clean then close the command windows
    • Continue with the installation, select custom, hi-lite the unallocated partition then click next

topgundcp, Jul 29, 2015
  9. swarfega Win User
    You should always unplug all the drives apart from the OS drive as Windows can in some situations install parts of itself on other drives making it troublesome when you need to replace that drive.

swarfega, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Clean install windows 10 with 8 partitions - Similar Threads - Clean install partitions

2. Partitioning on clean install windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Partitioning on clean install windows 11: When reinstalling windows 11 , on the screen where you can delete partitions , I delete them all and then have unallocated space…. From that point do I just click Next to install or do I create new partitions and then begin install. Thanks...
  3. Partitioning on clean install windows 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Partitioning on clean install windows 11: When reinstalling windows 11 , on the screen where you can delete partitions , I delete them all and then have unallocated space…. From that point do I just click Next to install or do I create new partitions and then begin install. Thanks...
  4. Clean Install - Partitions

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Clean Install - Partitions: Hello Forum, I attempted to clean install Win 10 Pro v1909 from ISO on a DVD. I simply clicked on the ISO setup file, and let the system do its thing. Typically, I end up doing these clean installs several times for various reasons. This was my first attempt at a clean...
  5. Clean install Windows 10, preserving the EFI partition

Clean install Windows 10, preserving the EFI partition: I want to clean install Windows 10 on a new hp laptop, to get rid of the hp bloatware. What I usually do to clean install, is boot from a Windows 10 installation USB, use a diskpart script (by pressing Shift+F10 at setup) to create the 4 reuired partitions, namely: EFI...
  6. Clean Windows 10 Install & Disk Partitions

Clean Windows 10 Install & Disk Partitions: Hello Two desktop computers each running Windows 10 Pro 64 bit. I tried to copy an image of the source C: drive to the target C: drive and ran into issues and, I think, in the process messed up the source drive partition table. So I tried to do a clean install of Windows...
  7. Clean Install Windows 10 partition issue

Clean Install Windows 10 partition issue: Hey, here's what went down w/ my laptop: It's a Windows 10 ASUS X540UA-DS51 laptop. The hard drive got corrupted, to the point where it cannot even recognize that there's a C: drive, only the emergency X: drive (I know it's part of the C: drive). And no, I did not back up...
  8. Clean Install Partition Question

Clean Install Partition Question: Hi, I just did a clean install of Windows 10 Home x64. After watching a few YT videos I am now a bit concerned. After selecting "custom installation" I get to the drive screen. I have an SSD and an HDD for data. The HDD I left alone and for the SSD I deleted all the...
  9. [help with partition] Clean installing windows 10

[help with partition] Clean installing windows 10: Hi I recently upgraded my laptop, specifically "Acer aspire v5-473pg" into windows 10 and now I'm trying to do a clean install. The problem is there's a lot of partition on the partition menu when proceeding into a clean install and I don't know a lot about them. My laptop...
  10. Clean install on a pre-installed windows 10 laptop (partitions)

Clean install on a pre-installed windows 10 laptop (partitions): Hi everybody, The reason I am seeking your help today is that I'm trying to do an clean install on my freshly bough Asus Zenbook UX330UAK which came with a pre-installed windows 10 loaded with bloatware. Now I know that it's touchy to mess with windows 10 pre-installed...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. how to clean install windows 10 partitions