Windows 10: Clean Installation of Four HP Pavilion 15 Notebooks a la Shawn Brink.

Discus and support Clean Installation of Four HP Pavilion 15 Notebooks a la Shawn Brink. in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Thanks to Shawn Brink for his excellent tutorial on clean installing Windows 10. I have four HP Pavilion Laptops which had 8, 7, 7 & 6 partitions as... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Chassin, Jun 5, 2018.

1. Chassin Win User

Clean Installation of Four HP Pavilion 15 Notebooks a la Shawn Brink.

Thanks to Shawn Brink for his excellent tutorial on clean installing Windows 10.

I have four HP Pavilion Laptops which had 8, 7, 7 & 6 partitions as installed by HP, believe it or not.

Now all have the necessary four partitions and all are working perfectly.

However...

When I had finished I see that, although all four machines have identical software installed, that the size of the installation on the fourth machine is 2.3GB smaller.

I.E. 16.4GB - 16.3GB - 16.4Gb and only 14.1GB on #4

Programs such as disk explorer do not reveal anything, and Clean Manager makes no difference either.

Nor does removing all shadow copies in Device Manager.

There are no Windows.old folders on the drives.

When using Ashampoo GmbH WinOptimizer15 undelete on the Recycle Bin I find thousands of unrecoverable (bad) or lost files.

E.G. #4 shows 10,803 files amounting to 1.80GB

Intriguing as #4 had been restored from the (now deleted) Recovery partition, first to the original OEM Windows 8 and then upgraded to Windows 10 v1803.

Just a guess but has this Windows 8 to Windows 10 procedure cleaned out old metadata from the C:\ drive, whereas the 'clean' Windows install has, maybe, left something on the drive, despite all the partitions having been deleted before the Windows 10 installation procedure automatically produced the four new partitions?

Guessing again, but might it have been better to delete all the partitions as instructed and then make a single C:\ drive solely for the purpose of full formatting it, and then deleting it again ready for the Windows 10 installation?

The 2.3GB difference has me intrigued.

Why is this?

E.G. C:\Directory , AppData, assembly\temp , SoftwareDistribution and Temp\PendingRenames, etc.

#1. 9,491 items - 1.64GB
    #2. 5,884 items - 717.35MB
    #3. 9,137 items - 791.77MB
    #4. 10,803 items - 1.80GB

Any heads up on this would be very interesting, as I am no expert by any means.

Many thanks,

Ian

Intel i3 2.4GHz processors, 1000GB Seagate HDDs

:)

Chassin, Jun 5, 2018

2. Driver Audio issue in notebook Hp 15ab022nl

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern, however I suggest you to go through the steps given from this link below and check if it helps, and if it doesn’t please contact the manufacturer for further assistance.

HP Notebook PCs - No Sound from Speakers (Windows 10) | HP® Customer Support

Hope this information is helpful.

SujataMoktan, Jun 8, 2018
  3. HP Pavilion Notebook

How do I "manually uninstall" HP Pavilion Notebook to finish instillation of Windows 10?

Deborah_12, Jun 8, 2018
Thema:

Clean Installation of Four HP Pavilion 15 Notebooks a la Shawn Brink.

1. Clean Installation of Four HP Pavilion 15 Notebooks a la Shawn Brink. - Similar Threads - Clean Installation Four

2. Hp Pavilion Notebook update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Hp Pavilion Notebook update: When I try updating the laptop I get the message Update Bios. Manually uninstall, I went to the link it gave me it lead me to a .Net framework download when I downloaded sed .Net framework. I got the message The .NET Framework 4.8 is not supported on this operating system....
  3. i have an hp pavilion 15

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    i have an hp pavilion 15: hi i have a pavilion 15 it came with windows 7, but got a free update, 10 years down the line to today ive had to take to a store for factory reboot, but now its telling me the windows 10 which was installed in my laptop at the repair shop is saying not activated, i thought...
  4. HP Pavilion 15-n266sa Notebook PC fan speed problem

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    HP Pavilion 15-n266sa Notebook PC fan speed problem: Hello, my HP Pavilion 15-n266sa Notebook PC's fan speed is messed up, it is so quiet and my temps are touching 89'C, its not a hardware problem, I had the fan changed and it is confirmed it is a software problem, i used all of the software control to boost it, turns out it...
  5. HP Pavilion 15 will not boot up.

HP Pavilion 15 will not boot up.: I have tried the recommended method of hard shut down repeated after the logo and spinning wheel appear and it reaches the 'preparing automatic repair' stage. That is where it stays. I have left it on that screen for up to 15 hours at one stage, and nothing happens, therefore...
  6. Clean installing Windows 10 professional on HP Pavilion g6 notebook

Clean installing Windows 10 professional on HP Pavilion g6 notebook: Dear Community Members, I have a HP Pavilion g6 notebook running windows 7 64 bit at home . I plan on doing a clean install on to the Windows 10 professional software version. I have checked the Windows 10 hardware/computer specification as listed by Microsoft:...
  7. Hp 15 notebook Bluetooth

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Hp 15 notebook Bluetooth: Hello am Solomon please help me, i have an hp 15 notebook laptop but I don't know how to switch on the Bluetooth https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hp-15-notebook-bluetooth/d9066791-4b33-49e0-ad35-c34a362a1ebd
  8. Bluethooth not working HP pavilion 15

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Bluethooth not working HP pavilion 15: Bluetooth Drivers for Hp in windows 10 Model HP pavilion. I have tried all options first it was working well with mediatek BT adaptor and now it automatically takes ralink drivers. When I try to add Bluetooth it say no Bluetooth available in PC I have tried almost all...
  9. HP Pavilion Notebook - Won't Install "Important Updates"

HP Pavilion Notebook - Won't Install "Important Updates": Greetings, I apologise if this question has been answered already, it just feels like the answered ones do not apply to my specific situation. I have a HP Pavilion Notebook, on the bottom right, a "?" symbol with "!!" highlighted in yellow appears, when you hover over...
  10. Installing win 10 on hp pavilion dv7 notebook pc

Installing win 10 on hp pavilion dv7 notebook pc: Dear all , I want to ask you about the correct way to choose the HDD on my notebook to install win 10 on it , as you see in the pic [img] I am now using win 10 installed on HDD1 , but I have a very slow startup , may I re-install the windows on HDD2 makes it...