Windows 10: Clean installed WIN 7 now cannot get upgrade option for WIN 10

Discus and support Clean installed WIN 7 now cannot get upgrade option for WIN 10 in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Oops. Meant slmgr /xpr All product keys for Windows 10 upgrades will be the same for same versions. Upgrade Windows 10 product keys are now only... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by AjayK47, Sep 5, 2015.

1. Clean installed WIN 7 now cannot get upgrade option for WIN 10

That always helps! *Biggrin

Clean installed WIN 7 now cannot get upgrade option for WIN 10 [​IMG]

Night Hawk, Sep 7, 2015
  2. AjayK47 Win User

Many thanks for all your generous help. I have Windows 10 Pro "Permanently Activated" on both machines.

AjayK47, Sep 8, 2015
  3. That works! *Thumbs I can see the shiny smile now!

On the first upgrade here that actually went on back at the end of July I ended up trying the in place upgrade to repair type install and that went well for a change seemingly "bug free". BUT! It simply wouldn't activate during that first week and by the weekend knew it was time again for the "clean install"! That activated within a day!

Since then the second desktop and laptop seeing two initial upgrades and 5 clean installs two on the desktop and three one the 32bit on the laptop that had been running the 32bit 7 was then to see the second clean install become the 64bit followed by a need to nuke the OEM primary off the drive when you couldn't shrink it or grow it to fill in where the other small OEM and 3rd party ware parts had been. In each case however upon arriving at the desktop for the first time and checking all went well finding them all acitvated by the time the set up was finished!

Surprisingly other then the repair install on the first system the second desktop not the laptop however saw a totally bug free upgrade the first time around! I had put a clean install on a second primary created to test the notation you could use the same media on various machines without seeing an upgrade on each one separately? FALSE! Mandatory! The first clean install only confirmed what I already knew!

Night Hawk, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Clean installed WIN 7 now cannot get upgrade option for WIN 10

1. Clean installed WIN 7 now cannot get upgrade option for WIN 10 - Similar Threads - Clean installed cannot

2. Win 7 to win 10 upgrade

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Win 7 to win 10 upgrade: This issue was posted 2 yrs ago and no solution was found then. It still has the same problem today on my Toshiba L775 laptop:Error: 0x8007001F - 0x20006 the installation failed in the SAFE_OS phase with error during REPLICATE_OC operation while upgrading to Windows 10 from...
  3. Clean Install Win 7 HP with Win 10 Home

Clean Install Win 7 HP with Win 10 Home: Good afternoon, I gave my Sister a Win 7 HP SP1 [ Genuine ] Laptop a few years ago which she now doesn't use, and knowing my Sister, there will be a LOT of junk on there. I am getting it back at some stage over the next couple of weeks and I would ideally like to just Clean...
  4. Clean install win 10 on win 7 running PC

Clean install win 10 on win 7 running PC: I have intel i5 6th generation PC that has Windows 7 Professional 32bit. If I do windows 10 clean install Can I get windows 10 for free? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/clean-install-win-10-on-win-7-running-pc/29e86df3-77a2-4af8-9b7a-7b9fcadbe3c8
  5. Upgrading Win 7 to Win 10 Versus Clean Install

Upgrading Win 7 to Win 10 Versus Clean Install: I am running windows 7 and downloaded the free windows 10 upgrade back when Microsoft offered it and stored it on my drive. I installed it, registered, then reverted to 7. Now as I understand it, this install file is an upgrade version to be put on over windows 7. But what...
  6. Win 7 upgrade to Win 10

Win 7 upgrade to Win 10: I currently have windows 7 and just found out I was to get a free upgrade to Window 10. How do I acquire it please? * Moved from Insider https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/win-7-upgrade-to-win-10/660e7921-eca1-4cde-be15-203ea0536f50
  7. Win 10 upgrade and clean install

in Windows 10 Support
    Win 10 upgrade and clean install: Hello I thought the upgrade and pursuant clean install would be smooth based upon my move from 7 to 8 to 8.1. I have upgraded with my files to Win 10. I like it. However, I downloaded Ccleaner and it showed quite a bit of clutter(2GB) . I never use a registry cleaner as I...
  8. Win 7 -> Win 10 upgrade - can I do a clean install instead of upgrade?

Win 7 -> Win 10 upgrade - can I do a clean install instead of upgrade?: Hi Guys, I'm trying to upgrade a Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit machine to Win 10 Pro 64-bit. Ideally I want a clean install... I tried using the method that worked before on other PCs (Media Creation Tool -> Upgrade this PC) but I got a BSOD when it was "Checking for Updates",...
  9. Clean Win 10 Install on Win 7 PC Activated, with No Previous Upgrade

Clean Win 10 Install on Win 7 PC Activated, with No Previous Upgrade: My brother has an older Dell Latitude E6400 laptop that came with Windows 7 Pro. It had not been upgraded to Windows 10. He bought a new SSD drive for the laptop. I thought I would try an experiment and see if a clean install of Windows 10 on the new SSD drive would...
  10. Upgrade Win 7 to Win 10

Upgrade Win 7 to Win 10: My Gateway laptop has Win7 Sp1 64bit installed. I've tried 5 different times to upgrade to 10. Using the 64bit creative tool the download goes great, completes and the install starts, then says "failed in first boot phase with an error during SYSPREP operation." Also shows...