Windows 10: Clean installing Windows 10 on a new laptop

Discus and support Clean installing Windows 10 on a new laptop in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Bought a new Asus laptop off Amazon, and it's coming pre-installed with Windows 10. Should activation go smoothly if I wipe it and clean install... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by SilverTelperion, Dec 14, 2015.

1. Clean installing Windows 10 on a new laptop

Bought a new Asus laptop off Amazon, and it's coming pre-installed with Windows 10.

Should activation go smoothly if I wipe it and clean install using the Media Creation Tool? I hate manufacturer bloatware.

:)

SilverTelperion, Dec 14, 2015
  2. Sgt. Mole Win User

Clean Installing Windows 10 on a Laptop with more than 1 HDD installed

I updated from Windows 7 to Windows 10 and everything was working fine until I got a BSOD that there was no recovering from (even the repair came up with problems).

I decided to do a clean install of Windows 10 from scratch. I used the Microsoft tool to download and create the Windows 10 Pro 64bit install USB and then proceeded to try and do a clean install. I had removed all partitions from the main disk (256GB Samsung
    840 Pro SSD), the partition on my 2nd drive (300gb standard HDD) was left as it is as that holds all my files and data.

When I ran the install it created 1 partition on my main hard drive but didn't create a system reserve boot partition. After the install had run and the laptop rebooted, I just had a back screen with a flashing _

After testing the install on a couple of laptops I'd realised that the install wasn't auto creating a system reserve boot partition because there was a 2nd hdd in the laptop. I removed the 2nd HDD and cleaned the main drive and did the windows 10 install
    again and this time it gave me the notice and created the reserve boot partition. After the install I then put my 2nd hdd back into the laptop and it works fine.

Not sure if anyone else has run into this issue when doing a clean install of windows 10 Pro on a machine with more than 1 hdd installed?

If this is a bug in the Windows 10 install, I can see a few people falling foul of it as it's not uncommon to find a PC or laptop with more than 1 hdd installed

Sgt. Mole, Dec 14, 2015
  3. Windows 10 clean install on a new laptop

Andre Da Costa, Dec 14, 2015
  4. topgundcp Win User

Clean installing Windows 10 on a new laptop

topgundcp, Dec 14, 2015
  5. That was pretty much my plan. My only concern is to be 100% sure that Windows will get activated without problems after the re-installation.

SilverTelperion, Dec 14, 2015
  6. topgundcp Win User
    Shouldnt have any problem. You're safe.

topgundcp, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Clean installing Windows 10 on a new laptop

1. Clean installing Windows 10 on a new laptop - Similar Threads - Clean installing laptop

2. How to install clean new windows 10 ?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How to install clean new windows 10 ?: This is what I have installed now on my machine :Edition Windows 10 Pro Version 21H1 Installed on ‎02/‎05/‎2021 OS build 19043.1052 Experience Windows Feature Experience Pack 120.2212.2020.0 When I downloaded the tool file from the Microsoft site and then ran it to create a...
  3. Clean New Install

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Clean New Install: I recently retired and was given my work surface pro on the way out. I need to do a clean install on my Surface Pro as I no longer am part of the enterprise. I keep getting a pop up window stating I need to activate windows. How do I proceed? Thanks....
  4. Clean Install of Windows 10 for a laptop

Clean Install of Windows 10 for a laptop: My current laptop is a VivoBook_ASUSLaptop x512FL 64-bit System Windows 10 Home 64-bit Version 1903 OS Build 18362.657 BIOS Mode UEFI BIOS Version American Megatrends Inc. X512FL I am planning on reinstalling Windows 10 Home 64-bit from a usb using the Windows 10...
  5. Clean Install of Windows 10 on new SSD

Clean Install of Windows 10 on new SSD: Howdy, I want to do a nice fresh install of Windows 10 on a brand new SSD but am just a bit confused on how I should go about it and what it entails. To be specific, I have 4 drives (2 HDD, 2 SSD) in my PC and was wondering if the data is kept on the other 3 drives (that...
  6. Windows 10 clean install on a new SSD

Windows 10 clean install on a new SSD: I have a Samsung Laptop which had Windows 7 on it. I have replaced the HDD with a new, unused SSD (500Gb). I then tried installing Windows 10 from a bootable USB created using the Microsoft tool. I changed the boot order to USB 1st, and set the SATA Mode to AHCI manually....
  7. Clean install windows 10 on new hdd

Clean install windows 10 on new hdd: Step by Step clean install windows 10 on brand new hard drive. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/clean-install-windows-10-on-new-hdd/ea44534d-7c75-469b-adf6-45d18a481b0d
  8. Windows 10 clean install on new PC?

Windows 10 clean install on new PC?: I just got a brand new lenovo laptop with Windows 10 Pro, pre-installed at delivery. This is the first time I have considered a clean install to remove any unwanted bloatware or software. But after some research I can't tell if it is necessary? I have no data on this machine...
  9. Clean install of 10 on new SSD

Clean install of 10 on new SSD: I am about to get a new 240Gb SSD and have been advised to clean install Windows 10 on it. This SSD will replace a SATA HDD in my existing computer running Windows 8.1. I know that I qualify for the free upgrade; I have the "Get 10" icon on my task bar. My first question...
  10. New Laptop: Upgrade or Clean Install Windows 10?

New Laptop: Upgrade or Clean Install Windows 10?: I'm planning to get a new laptop, and it would come pre-installed with Windows 8.1 (an OS which I have no experience with as my current one is a Windows 7). I'm thinking that since it's a new laptop, I'd want to use Windows 10 on it. The question is, should I just upgrade it...