Windows 10: Clean installing windows on a tablet

Discus and support Clean installing windows on a tablet in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I have a tablet and used to frequently clean install it every time a new edition was released or I ran out of storage. Unfortunately a few days back... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by joshivarad, Aug 6, 2018.

1. Clean installing windows on a tablet

I have a tablet and used to frequently clean install it every time a new edition was released or I ran out of storage. Unfortunately a few days back the usb I had setup broke so i was searching for the autounattend.xml file. I read about it a year back on microsoft site. I hadn't used any of the tools. I had just copied the code and made a file. It helped me to use touch during the setup. would be grateful to get the code.

:)

joshivarad, Aug 6, 2018

2. Clean Install Workaround for Vista

You may remember this news story on techPowerUp! a couple of days ago relating to the lack of clean installs when using the Upgrade Editions of Vista, which required an old OS to be installed. However, Paul Thurrott has managed to find a workaround for this issue, which ironically lets users do a clean install Vista without any previous version of Windows, albeit a little tedious. Here are the steps:
    • Boot from the Windows Vista Upgrade DVD as normal
    • When prompted for a product code, leave this blank
    • Select the version of Vista you have purchased and let Vista install
    • When you boot to your desktop for the first time, run the Vista setup from Windows
    • This time enter your product key
    • When asked whether you want to do an Upgrade of Custom install, select custom and choose a clean install
    • Windows will now install for a second time and you should be able to activate it
    Remember, these steps are only advised for use in order to achieve a clean install of Vista, it is only legal to use the upgrade editions if you have previously purchased the appropriate version of Windows.

Source: DailyTech

Jimmy 2004, Aug 6, 2018
  3. windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Aug 6, 2018
  4. vistatech Win User

Clean installing windows on a tablet

Clean install on Windows 10 Tablet - UEFI

I have a Slide i701 which came with Windows 8.1 and I used the Media Creation Tool ISO to upgrade it to Windows 10 Home Single Language x86. Yesterday, I downloaded the 1511 Build for the same. I'd like to clean install the build using the ISO and by clean install I mean, I will be cleaning the whole disk with clean all (diskpart) to start fresh. The tablet uses GPT, and I have a USB with the ISO booted with Rufus using the GPT scheme for UEFI.
    1. Can I directly clean install by booting the USB like on a PC and then clean the disk with clean all command or do I have to do some additional steps, for eg:- I read somewhere that I have to convert the disk to GPT after using clean all.
    2. How to activate after clean install.

Please leave your suggestions, esp. if you have done the same as above on a UEFI Tablet. Thanks

vistatech, Aug 6, 2018
Thema:

Clean installing windows on a tablet

1. Clean installing windows on a tablet - Similar Threads - Clean installing tablet

2. Windows clean install

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows clean install: 1. After initiating the installation of Windows 11 on my computer, I encountered an issue where the process became unresponsive and is now stuck at the "Just a moment" screen.2. Despite allowing ample time for the installation to proceed, the system seems unable to move...
  3. Windows clean installation

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows clean installation: HelloRespected Sir/Mad,I have windows 8 genuine dvd. I got windows 10 upgrade on my windows 8 few years back, now I am having slow speed issues on it. So my query is can I clean install win10 on my pc? And how? As I have windows 8 original key and I don't want to install...
  4. Windows clean installation

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows clean installation: I am on dev channel. If I upgrade it to stable windows 11 by clean installation , will be it original windows ?After the installation will be it active ? I have a digital license linked with microsoft account....
  5. Need Drivers for Insignia NS-P89W6100 Tablet Following Clean Install of Windows 10

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Need Drivers for Insignia NS-P89W6100 Tablet Following Clean Install of Windows 10: Hello, I purchased a used Insignia 8.9 NS-P89W6100 tablet 32GB, Windows 10 32bit, 2GB RAM, 1920 x 1200 Resolution 8.9" screen. After verifying the devices worked, I did a factory reset to start clean. After the reset many of the devices have stopped working e.g....
  6. Clean Install of Windows

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Clean Install of Windows: So, I recently built my first PC. My motherboard is an ASUS Prime X570 Pro. All the external USB ports are USB 3.1. I am trying to clean install Windows 10 from a bootable USB 2.0 drive that I created, but I get an error saying that "A driver your computer needs is missing....
  7. Installing windows 10 on tablet?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Installing windows 10 on tablet?: Hi everyone! I have an HP X2 detachable laptop with windows 10 installed, and it has a bunch of bloatware with like a 1GB of space remaining out of 32GB, I disabled secure boot from the BIOS but I couldn't see legacy boot support option to enable. I tried a bootable USB...
  8. Best way to Have a Clean Installation on a new Windows 10 tablet

Best way to Have a Clean Installation on a new Windows 10 tablet: Hi everybody! I recently got a great deal on an HP Pavilion X2 10- 2 in 1 that came with Windows 10. As it is a secondary computer and going to replace an Android tablet as my primary portable solution, I'm trying to achieve the max. amount of free storage space own the...
  9. Clean install on a HP tablet

Clean install on a HP tablet: Hi everyone. I have a HP elite pad which has been wiped CLEAN. I have a bootable USB version of W10. I have changed the boot order in the BIOS to boot from USB. My problem is that I can't get beyond the language selection page because the touch screen doesn't appear to work...
  10. Clean install on Windows 10 Tablet - UEFI

Clean install on Windows 10 Tablet - UEFI: I have a Slide i701 which came with Windows 8.1 and I used the Media Creation Tool ISO to upgrade it to Windows 10 Home Single Language x86. Yesterday, I downloaded the 1511 Build for the same. I'd like to clean install the build using the ISO and by clean install I mean, I...