Windows 10: Clean istalling Windows 10 from a dual boot system

Discus and support Clean istalling Windows 10 from a dual boot system in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Currently I have a dual boot system with Win 7 and Win 10. I want to remove Windows 7 from my main drive. Since I want to do that, I thought I'd... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Omega1, Oct 13, 2017.

1. Omega1 Win User

Clean istalling Windows 10 from a dual boot system

Currently I have a dual boot system with Win 7 and Win 10. I want to remove Windows 7 from my main drive. Since I want to do that, I thought I'd completely redo my system by formatting all my drives and do clean install Windows 10.

Is there going to be any problem, like no key?

:)

Omega1, Oct 13, 2017
  2. geotso Win User

Windows 10 clean istall with dual boot

I visited the page Download Windows 10 and the last requirement says about a windows product key that I don't have. How can I find this key? Do I have to install windows 10 from windows
    7, so that it can recognize I have genuine windows 7 Ultimate? The problem is I want to install windows 10 in a different partition (dual boot).

geotso, Oct 13, 2017
  3. Windows 10 clean istall with dual boot

Hi,

Thank you for posting on Microsoft Community. I will certainly help you with this.

Dual booting in the way you mentioned can cause activation issue after upgrading Windows 10. I suggest you to refer to the Wiki article by
    Andre Da Costa about dual booting and check if it helps:

How to Dual Boot Windows 10 with Other Versions of Windows, macOS and Linux

Hope this information is helpful. Please feel free to reply in case you face any other issues with Windows in future.

Thank you.

Parth P Patel, Oct 13, 2017
  4. axe0 New Member

There should not be any problems

5. Tully Win User
    I have an Intel STK1AW32SC That for some reason I can't access!
    It was running Win 10 32 Bit

Can I use the Download Tool to reinstall Win 10 32 Bit.

Thanx
    the oldest member on this forum at 88

Tully, Oct 14, 2017
  6. axe0 New Member
    Only if the media detects it which I assume it does.

Do you see the stick as boot option?

axe0, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Clean istalling Windows 10 from a dual boot system - Similar Threads - Clean istalling dual

2. Dual Boot System / Windows Clean Install / Boot File Contradiction?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Dual Boot System / Windows Clean Install / Boot File Contradiction?: This past week I finally decided to upgrade my PC. In coalition with a few other components, I bought a Samsung 980 1TB M.2 SSD as a replacement boot drive, planning to keep my 1TB Seagate HDD as extra storage.After installing and initializing the SSD, I shut down my computer...
  3. Dual Boot System / Windows Clean Install / Boot File Contradiction?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Dual Boot System / Windows Clean Install / Boot File Contradiction?: This past week I finally decided to upgrade my PC. In coalition with a few other components, I bought a Samsung 980 1TB M.2 SSD as a replacement boot drive, planning to keep my 1TB Seagate HDD as extra storage.After installing and initializing the SSD, I shut down my computer...
  4. Dual Boot System / Windows Clean Install / Boot File Contradiction?

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. Dual booting from UEFI system

in Windows 10 Customization
    Dual booting from UEFI system: I just purchased a new pc that comes with windows 10 home and uses UEFI for booting. I have a disk image of windows 7 from my old pc which used BIOS. I want to restore that image to a GPT disk partition and then setup a dual boot. Is this possible? How do I go about setting...
  6. Reinstalling windows from a dual booted system?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Reinstalling windows from a dual booted system?: There is a button in windows settings that allows you to reset your windows? Will this affect my ubuntu partion in any way?? submitted by /u/Nicknotname2 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/hl63ed/reinstalling_windows_from_a_dual_booted_system/
  7. Dual boot system

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Dual boot system: I am trying to set up a dual boot system with windows 7 and win10 each on different hard drives I am trying to help a freidn who has accounting software her computer is running windows7(OEM), intel,I5 3rd or 4th gen(3XXX), 8gb memory, and 500gb hard drive. the computer is...
  8. totally deleting windows 10 and do a clean istall of windows 7

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    totally deleting windows 10 and do a clean istall of windows 7: I bought a new laptop which, unfortunately, has windows 10 on it. I can't stand trying to figure out how windows 10 works. I want to wipe it off my PC and then install a fresh windows 7 disc. Please provide directions / instructions on how to do this efficiently. Thanks...
  9. Windows 10 Pro clean istall

Windows 10 Pro clean istall: I just built a new pc and now I am ready to install windows 10 pro, which I bought from Microsoft. I have a download link and a product key. My question is how do I get to the download link on a pc which doesn't have any thing on it. I would need a browser to get to my email...
  10. Clean install W10 on W7\W10 dual boot system.

Clean install W10 on W7\W10 dual boot system.: Just curious, is it possible to carry out a clean install of 10 on my hard drive which has 7 and 10 as a dual boot? obviously on the 10 partition. Thank you. 110034