Windows 10: Cleaned my Keyboard, and Now it Doesn't Work?

Discus and support Cleaned my Keyboard, and Now it Doesn't Work? in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hello. I recently cleaned my keyboard, and now it is completely unresponsive. I bought a new wired keyboard, but I hate the feel. of it. 42952 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Masterofcards, Mar 4, 2016.

1. Cleaned my Keyboard, and Now it Doesn't Work?

Hello. I recently cleaned my keyboard, and now it is completely unresponsive. I bought a new wired keyboard, but I hate the feel. of it.

:)

Masterofcards, Mar 4, 2016

2. Initiated the back up, cleaned it, and things doesn't work

I choose G: and D: only the drives, nothing else. The backup is only taking some of the folder. Among others, my OneDrive (D:\OneDrive) is NOT backed up, neither are any of the other default folders (I've moved them from C:\Users\Sverre to their respective
    locations under the D-drive, directly or under OneDrive, depending on if I want OneDrive to back them up or not). Is this by default? Do I have to add them all (they get added when I set up the back up the first time, but I want everything on the D and G-drives,
    so why should I add every single one of those folders)? If so, it's totally illogical and should be mentioned on the help page!

SverreMunthe, Mar 4, 2016
  3. Initiated the back up, cleaned it, and things doesn't work

Did you bother reading the question? I'm not talking about OneDrive, but the internal Windows Backup program. OneDrive is working, no problems there.

SverreMunthe, Mar 4, 2016
  4. Snakeyes Win User

Cleaned my Keyboard, and Now it Doesn't Work?

How exactly did you clean it?

Snakeyes, Mar 4, 2016
  5. I used Spot Shot. My keyboard was filled with food.

6. Snakeyes Win User
    You can getaway cleaning a keyboard with water (preferably distilled water), however chemical cleaners can be conductive even when dry. I would suggest thoroughly rinsing out the keyboard in distilled water (don't be scared to submerge it totally and shake vigorously) and then patiently letting it completely dry. Of course, there are no guarantees and this process might completely kill your keyboard.

Snakeyes, Mar 4, 2016
  7. cradom Win User
    The best way to clean is to spray the cleaner ON THE RAG, not the keyboard. And not that much.
    If you have food or crud under the keys, get a can of air first. Or, if possible depending on the keyboard, pop the keys off and gently brush.
    The actual keys can be soaked and wiped and put back on.

cradom, Mar 4, 2016
  8. BunnyJ New Member

If the keyboard is not water proof you likely killed it.

Compressed air is always the best rout and you need to keep up with cleaning so it doesn't get that bad again.

BunnyJ, Mar 4, 2016
  9. Quote of the day for messy eaters?

Atomcrusher, Mar 4, 2016
  10. BunnyJ New Member
    Food for thought.. don't eat while using your computer. *Wink

BunnyJ, Mar 4, 2016
  11. stormy13 Win User
    stormy13, Mar 4, 2016
  12. Snakeyes Win User
    Vacuum first.
    Compressed air second.
    Automotive electrical spray cleaner third. Evaporates instantly and does not harm electronics.
    And believe it or not, most keyboards can be totally immersed in distilled water (distilled water does not conduct electricity – if you don't believe me take a bath in distilled water and have a friend throw in a plugged in toaster*Devil). As long as you let it dry thoroughly most keyboards will work fine.

Snakeyes, Mar 4, 2016
  13. Cleaned my Keyboard, and Now it Doesn't Work?

I used a rag, but not using compressed air was not a good move. I guess it's just dead.

14. Archie123 Win User
    is this a joke?? *Biggrin *Biggrin

Archie123, Mar 5, 2016
  15. Snakeyes Win User
    No it's not. Do some Google research if you don't believe. Distilled water is nonconductive and the only way it could harm a keyboard is if it is not fully dry before reuse.

Snakeyes, Mar 5, 2016
Thema:

1. Cleaned my Keyboard, and Now it Doesn't Work? - Similar Threads - Cleaned Keyboard Doesn't

2. Juice spilled on my keyboard, now doesn't work.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Juice spilled on my keyboard, now doesn't work.: So I was drinking juice by my PC while watching Netflix and I got a bit careless. I turned around to check something and knocked over the juice and it spilled a bit on my keyboard. It just landed on the space bar and ALT, Windows, and CTRL keys, so I thought it was no...
  3. Juice spilled on my keyboard, now doesn't work.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Juice spilled on my keyboard, now doesn't work.: So I was drinking juice by my PC while watching Netflix and I got a bit careless. I turned around to check something and knocked over the juice and it spilled a bit on my keyboard. It just landed on the space bar and ALT, Windows, and CTRL keys, so I thought it was no...
  4. Juice spilled on my keyboard, now doesn't work.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Help, my keyboard doesn't work!

in Windows 10 Customization
    Help, my keyboard doesn't work!: The keyboard on my touchscreen windows 10 laptop doesn't respond at all! I've tried updating and restarting it, but nothing worked. Please help. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/help-my-keyboard-doesnt-work/dd7de31e-8940-4e69-b359-7714614f9cee
  6. Keyboard doesn't work

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Keyboard doesn't work: Computer HP laptop updated 1/15/2021. I found right away that the keyboard no longer worked. Mouse is fine. As I cannot get past the log-in password without a keyboard, how do I get into my computer?...
  7. Keyboard doesn't work.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Keyboard doesn't work.: So two days ago i was playing with some friends and out of nowhere my keyboard wasn't working. The RBG's in it were still glowing, but not a single button worked. Since then my keyboard is still not working. I tried every USB port, also tried using my mouse USB port (my mouse...
  8. Keyboard doesn't work

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Keyboard doesn't work: My keyboard just stopped working.How can I turn it back on? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/keyboard-doesnt-work/78cc4473-ac97-4d35-a6bc-a44b3cc750f0
  9. My keyboard doesn't work in minecraft

in Windows 10 Customization
    My keyboard doesn't work in minecraft: I've looked in all answers to this and none of them have been successful. I've heard of a run command that fixes this issue. Can someone tell me that command. Also can someone tell me what else I can do to fix this issue....
  10. My laptop updated now the keyboard doesn't work, help please

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My laptop updated now the keyboard doesn't work, help please: My laptop updated now the keyboard doesn't work, help please https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-laptop-updated-now-the-keyboard-doesnt-work/f4383093-094c-4ac4-b82f-133168290eae

Users found this page by searching for:

1. i cleaned my keyboard and now it doesnt work

2. cleaned Microsoft keyboard now it doesnt work

3. cleaned under keyboard doesnt work

4. my keyboard didnt work after i cleaned it,
  5. =now() dosesnt work,
  6. i cleaned my dell keyboard now it doesnt work