Windows 10: Cleaning and tweaking Windows

Discus and support Cleaning and tweaking Windows in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; I'm looking for help with a couple of problems. Permanently get rid of the language input indicator. (Solved, see this guide) Permanently get rid... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by Cerawy, Jan 19, 2018.

1. Cerawy Win User

Cleaning and tweaking Windows

I'm looking for help with a couple of problems.

• Permanently get rid of the language input indicator. (Solved, see this guide)
    • Permanently get rid of the safely remove hardware icon.(Solved by installing this program, then using CCleaner to get rid of it from programs and features)
    • Get rid of the thumbnail previews when alt tabbing between programs. (Solved by installing winaero tweaker)
    • Get rid of the thumbnail previews on the taskbar. (Solved by installing 7+ taskbar tweaker)
    • Prevent windows from randomly changing how i view my folders.
    • Get rid of the apps that comes with windows (solved, see this guide)
    • Get rid of the various windows notifications that pops up in the bottom right corner.
    • Disable the text messages that pops up if you point your mouse on something.
    • Disable the annoying sound that plays if you click on a window. (Solved, see post #34 in this thread)
    • Disable windows error reporting. (Solved by installing winaero tweaker)
    • Sometimes windows hangs if im trying to shut down my computer and asks me if i want to wait for my programs to close. I want windows to shut down my computer without asking me anything.
    • Disable the pop-up message that asks if a program was installed correctly.
    • Prevent windows from creating new folders in the start menu. I only want my own programs in my start menu.
    • Disable the log-in screen on windows start up and go straight to the desktop.
    • Disable the dialogue that tells you that a program has stopped working. (Solved with this registry tweak)
    • I want to disable all types of sharing in windows, e.g networks and folders.
    • Get rid of the folders in "this pc" that I dont use. (Solved, see this guide)

Any help is greatly appriciated.

:)

Cerawy, Jan 19, 2018
  2. BulldogXX Win User
    BulldogXX, Jan 19, 2018
  3. C#S
    C#S Win User
    Windows 10 random freeze

No there's no random freezing in Windows 10.

Was this an upgrade or a clean install? Did you install any software recently? Tweak any registry settings?

One option could be doing a clean install of Windows 10 so you start with a fresh clean system.

Be sure to backup your docs first.

4. Cleaning and tweaking Windows

You can uninstall apps for a user or all users.

Uninstall Apps in Windows 10

See which option in tutorial fits your needs.

They will very likely come back with the next feature update. If you are not on V1709 I would upgrade then perform customizations.

Caledon Ken, Jan 19, 2018
  5. Cerawy Win User
    The toturial works, but it doesnt seem to get rid of store apps, I want all of them removed.

What do you mean they will come back again?

Cerawy, Jan 20, 2018
  6. You should see each app listed in the detailed section although there was one the other day that someone pointed out was missing.

Since a feature update is a re-install of the OS they very well will be re-installed as part of OS.

Caledon Ken, Jan 20, 2018
  7. Cerawy Win User
    Do you mean they will be installed again the next time i install windows? If so, that shouldnt be a problem, because im using aomei backup to recover my computer with, so i can just make a new image after the apps has been deleted.

Cerawy, Jan 20, 2018
  8. Cleaning and tweaking Windows

I was referring to the Feature updates, Anniversary, Creators, Fall Creators. Those are all basically OS installs. We call them updates and in some use of the language they are but they are way more than a patch type update.

9. Cerawy Win User
    I see. Will keep that in mind. Still looking for a solution to the rest of the problems.

Cerawy, Jan 20, 2018
    • Permanently get rid of the input indicator
    • Permanently get rid of the safely remove hardware icon
    • Get rid of the thumbnail previews when alt tabbing
    • Get rid of the thumbnail previews on the taskbar
    • Prevent windows from randomly changing how i view my folders
    • Get rid of the apps that comes with windows
    • Get rid of the windows messages that pops up in the bottom right corner
    • Disable the text box that pops up if you point your mouse on something

When does the last one happen. I assume this is when you in a browser and your mouse goes over green text?

The second to last one. I think you are referring to notifications.

Turn On or Off Notifications from Apps and Senders in Windows 10

This thread should assist you in getting rid of Aero Peek, hopefully it does taskbar and tab but I didn't read through.

How to completely turn off Aero Peek

Not what you mean, Input Indicator. If it on your screen and it has multiple inputs that is the way the hardware works. You would have to search your monitor model to see if this is possible.

While I realize it is more work I would start individual threads on each. Again I think most of these will be reset with next feature update so you might want to keep a listing of solutions handy.

Ken

10. Cerawy Win User
    No, it happens all over windows if you point your mouse on something for a few seconds.

I have disabled the notifications from your link, will see if it works.

I am using 7+ tweaker, but If you have more than one window open with a program, it will still show the thumnail previews.

I'm talking about the input indicator in the right bottom of windows. I have disabled it in the options where you disable system icons, but it still shows up.

Cerawy, Jan 20, 2018
  11. Bree New Member
    Do you mean the 'input method indicator' saying ENG US or similar? You will have this if you have more than one keyboard language installed.

12. Cerawy Win User

Yes, that one. I have disabled it but windows keeps enabling it again after restarting my computer.

Cerawy, Jan 20, 2018
  13. Right tick on the little icon.
    You will find their is a choice of which language keyboard to use.
    Mind had two English U.S. and English U.K.
    I chose English U.S. and the little icon went away.

Jack

Layback Bear, Jan 21, 2018
  14. Cerawy Win User
    Tried that already, the icon comes back again after reboot.

Cerawy, Jan 21, 2018
Thema:

1. Cleaning and tweaking Windows - Similar Threads - Cleaning tweaking

2. Can't Activate Windows 11 Pro Key after doing clean install of Windows

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't Activate Windows 11 Pro Key after doing clean install of Windows: I can't activate Windows 11 Pro with the key that I purchased for it after doing a clean install of Windows. It remains stuck at Windows 11 Home Edition.Can someone assist?...
  3. Can't Activate Windows 11 Pro Key after doing clean install of Windows

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't Activate Windows 11 Pro Key after doing clean install of Windows: I can't activate Windows 11 Pro with the key that I purchased for it after doing a clean install of Windows. It remains stuck at Windows 11 Home Edition.Can someone assist?...
  4. Windows 11 clean install

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 clean install: I am following the windows 11 clean install directions via this link: https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/windowsinsider/cleaninstallI've installed Windows 11 onto the USB drive. When I hold shift when restarting and go into recovery mode, i am stuck on the "choose option" page....
  5. Windows 11 clean install

Windows 11 clean install: I am following the windows 11 clean install directions via this link: https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/windowsinsider/cleaninstallI've installed Windows 11 onto the USB drive. When I hold shift when restarting and go into recovery mode, i am stuck on the "choose option" page....
  6. Windows 11 clean instal

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 clean instal: I am following the windows 11 clean install directions via this link: https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/windowsinsider/cleaninstallI've installed Windows 11 onto the USB drive. When I hold shift when restarting and go into recovery mode, i am stuck on the "choose option" page....
  7. Windows 11 clean instal

Windows 11 clean instal: I am following the windows 11 clean install directions via this link: https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/windowsinsider/cleaninstallI've installed Windows 11 onto the USB drive. When I hold shift when restarting and go into recovery mode, i am stuck on the "choose option" page....
  8. Data recovery after diskpart clean command

Data recovery after diskpart clean command: Hi Laptop: Asuspro 2520LJI encountered this error when reinstalling Windows 10: "the selected disk has an mbr partition table on efi systems windows can only be installed to gpt...". what did i do?shift+F10 = open command prompt Diskpart List disk result: I had two disks, one...
  9. Data recovery after diskpart clean command

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Data recovery after diskpart clean command: Hi Laptop: Asuspro 2520LJI encountered this error when reinstalling Windows 10: "the selected disk has an mbr partition table on efi systems windows can only be installed to gpt...". what did i do?shift+F10 = open command prompt Diskpart List disk result: I had two disks, one...
  10. Tweaks for a Clean Install?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Tweaks for a Clean Install?: Just got some new hardware and will do a fresh install of Win10. I usually disable every tracking and Cortana. Is there anything else I should do? Any helpful apps/scripts or guides for new installs? submitted by /u/HeyLittleMonkey [link] [comments]...