Windows 10: Cleaning up the Start Menu "All Apps" sub-menu

Discus and support Cleaning up the Start Menu "All Apps" sub-menu in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hey guys. I have been trying to find a way to clean up the apps in the Start Menu, under All Apps. I tried finding the Directory there are in but I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Lebon14, Oct 2, 2014.

1. Lebon14 Win User

Cleaning up the Start Menu "All Apps" sub-menu

Hey guys.
    I have been trying to find a way to clean up the apps in the Start Menu, under All Apps.
    I tried finding the Directory there are in but I can't find anything. I don't want to uninstall them, I just want to put them in a folder in the Start Menu.

Any help?

Thanks!

:)

Lebon14, Oct 2, 2014

2. N79; can't run " home media " menu

sawatdee krap,

maybe because you havent set any connections for "home media". i think it needs to connect with your computer. you also need to install SimpleCenter's Home Media Server software on your PC

maybe this will help you -

http://europe.nokia.com/A41123203

Message Edited by fring on 23-Nov-2008 03:20 PM

fring---01, Oct 2, 2014
  3. moo09 Win User
    N79; can't run " home media " menu

I'm in Thailand . I just buy N79 , but I have found my phone can run " home media " menu. When I go to " home media " menu it's push back to "connectivity" menu .

When I go to Nokia Care center . They said All N79 was bug as this. Wait to upgrade firmware as now it's already new as 10.046

Please share information with me

moo09, Oct 2, 2014
  4. Edwin New Member

They are all located at:

C:\Users\yourname\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs

and:

C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs

Easiest way is to navigate to either of those locations, create new 'master' folder(s) then cut and paste application shortcuts into them.

Or you can select and 'hide' ones that you don't use.

Cleaning up the Start Menu "All Apps" sub-menu [​IMG]

Edwin, Oct 2, 2014
  5. Lebon14 Win User
    I created a folder called "Stupid Apps" in both of those folders but it doesn't show up.

Lebon14, Oct 2, 2014
  6. Edwin New Member
    There has to be working application shortcuts in either of those folders and you may have to sign out and in.

Edwin, Oct 2, 2014
  7. Lebon14 Win User
    OK, the one I created in C:\Users\yourname\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs showed up and the shortcut I put in was indeed there. However, I created the folder in ProgramData and moved what's in there in that folder. But most of Apps are missing in this folder. I can't drag and drop them into them either...

Look:

Something's missing!

Lebon14, Oct 2, 2014
  8. Edwin New Member

Which apps explicitly were you trying to move in Program Data?

Edwin, Oct 2, 2014
  9. Lebon14 Win User
    I was trying to move all of them inside either Roaming Apps and Stupid Apps folders except those I installed such as Firefox and Audition.

Lebon14, Oct 2, 2014
  10. Edwin New Member
    If they are 'Modern' Apps, you can't move them, you can only hide them.

Edwin, Oct 2, 2014
  11. Lebon14 Win User
    Then, how do you hide them?

Lebon14, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Cleaning up the Start Menu "All Apps" sub-menu - Similar Threads - Cleaning Start Menu

2. Start up menu

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Start up menu: For some reason my start button in the bottom left corner is not working, hasn't worked for awhile now. What am I doing wrong? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/start-up-menu/5bc69178-25dc-4106-be97-cdd9df310fa0
  3. Small App Menu on Start Menu

in Windows 10 Customization
    Small App Menu on Start Menu: [ATTACH] I have this really small app list on the Start menu, can't adjust it through settings, through a PowerShell command, really struggling - any ideas???...
  4. clean up start menu

in Windows 10 Customization
    clean up start menu: My start menu is filled with links to applications I never use, like Map, Camera, Mixed Reality Portal, etc. I've looked in the file structure %appdata%/Microsoft/Windows/Start Menu but I can't find any actual shortcuts for these apps. Are there a way to clean up the start...
  5. Start Menu not displaying All apps

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Start Menu not displaying All apps: Performed an upgrade from Windows 8.1. When I select "All apps" from the Start Menu, I notice that not all the apps are displayed. May have found a bug in Windows 10 release. Anyone else having this issue? 10241
  6. All apps in start menu

in Windows 10 Support
    All apps in start menu: So I just installed the anniversary update and it changed the start menu so it is now showing "All apps", I have browsed the settings but can't seem to figure out how to turn this off... I want to turn off the list that appears to the left that is showing all the crap...
  7. All Apps in Start Menu

in Windows 10 Support
    All Apps in Start Menu: Hi. My computer received what appears to be a large Windows 10 update (many of my settings seemed to have defaulted back). One setting that puzzles me is that when I launch the Start Menu, the "All Apps" menu is expanded instead of the one I had (see the picture below). I...
  8. how to create sub-folders in the start menu

in Windows 10 Support
    how to create sub-folders in the start menu: I would like to organize my All Apps portion of the start menu in W10 as I did in W7. So far I have not figured out how to do this. There are a couple of problems. 1. Some programs just do not appear. I have one folder containing 3 shtcts. 2 appear and Uninstall does not. I...
  9. All Apps on Start Menu

in Windows 10 Support
    All Apps on Start Menu: I gotta question. It's not a big deal, but I'm kinda anal. The all apps button on the left edge of the start menu: on my menu it's up at the top of the menu. On every picture I've ever seen, the all apps button is at the bottom left of the menu right above the Start...
  10. Start Menu All Apps Screen

in Windows 10 Support
    Start Menu All Apps Screen: This menu got screwed up... any ideas how to fix? [img] 50390