Windows 10: Cleaning Windows 7

Discus and support Cleaning Windows 7 in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Apart form CCleaner I use commands in command prompt (elevated) cleanmgr/sagerun:1 and %SystemRoot%\System32\Cmd.exe /c Cleanmgr... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by Stephanie, Aug 26, 2014.

1. Stephanie Win User

Cleaning Windows 7

Apart form CCleaner I use commands in command prompt (elevated)

cleanmgr/sagerun:1

and

%SystemRoot%\System32\Cmd.exe /c Cleanmgr /sageset:65535 & Cleanmgr /sagerun:65535

My system runs very well so is this enough or do I need to use anything else ?

Steph *Smile

:)

Stephanie, Aug 26, 2014

2. Accidentally cleaned Windows 7

Partition wizard should recover your files, if not you have lost buddy, there is no windows software that can recover your files

And if you want to install win 7 and win 10 in dual boot then install win 7 and then win 10

Remember you have to activate windows 10 if you do a clean install

Singh_s_King, Aug 26, 2014
  3. Calvinxc Win User
    Accidentally cleaned Windows 7

I've tried dual-boot Windows 10 with my Windows 7 and when i'm doing that, I've used command prompt and cleaned my Windows 7.

What I did was I create new partition(50GB) *for Windows 10* and used bootable USB containing Win10 setup to download, but there's a problem which it says Windows 10 cannot be installed in MBR type. So I've tried command prompt :-

>diskpart

>list disk

>select disk 0

>list partition

>select partition 4 (unallocated partition 50GB)

>clean

>convert GPT

>exit

And when I restart the computer, I realized I've cleaned the whole disk 0 instead of partition 4. Results in cleaning my OS and couldn't load Windows 7 already, so , I continued downloading Windows 10 in the new partition which I created(50GB) from my cleaned
    unallocated disk 0. Currently, I'm using minitool partition wizard to recover back my lost/deleted partition

Does using partition wizard really recover back my Windows 7? If not what should I do?

EDIT : Done partition wizard and it doesn't help.

HELP NEEDED URGENT

Calvinxc, Aug 26, 2014
  4. Cleaning Windows 7

I don't think any things going to get past that hun!

HarriePateman, Aug 26, 2014
  5. Stephanie Win User
    OK thank you for your advice Harrie, I will leave my cleaning as it is honey *Biggrin

Stephanie, Aug 26, 2014
  6. What you have said Stephanie is enough for me too but i don't tend to have a lot to clean up in all fairness.

I tend not to do a lot on my computer but do most of my work within Virtual Machine(s), this way my host is always clean and just use clones of a master Virtual Machine.

This way i always have a clean host and a clean Virtual Machine *Biggrin

On another note...

CCleaner 4.17.4808 has just been released.

JDobbsy1987, Aug 26, 2014
  7. Stephanie Win User
    Thank you for the heads up on CCleaner *Biggrin

Stephanie, Aug 26, 2014
  8. A Guy Win User

Cleaning Windows 7

Does that work on Windows 9? *Biggrin

A Guy, Aug 26, 2014
  9. There is always some dusting to do, vacuuming, wash clothes and dishes.
    Are we talking house keeping or computer cleaning?*Wink
    THW

The Howling Wolves, Aug 26, 2014
  10. Stephanie Win User
    I have my washing out on the line now THW .. and my smalls *Redface *Biggrin

Stephanie, Aug 26, 2014
  11. Stephanie Win User
    I should have put in the heading Windows 7 & 9 .. *Redface

Stephanie, Aug 26, 2014
  12. Smile, mine are like parachutes!

13. Stephanie Win User

Cleaning Windows 7

*Roflmao2 mine ... er ain't *Biggrin

Stephanie, Aug 26, 2014
  14. LEE
    Lee Win User
    Darn for a moment there thought I was on the 7 forums. . .it not nice to confuse a three time stroke victim. . .*Roflmao2*Roflmao2*Roflmao2

15. *Roflmao2*Roflmao2*Roflmao2*What

Thema:

Cleaning Windows 7

1. Cleaning Windows 7 - Similar Threads - Cleaning

2. The operating system did not shutdown cleanly. Reconstructing cache metadata.

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    The operating system did not shutdown cleanly. Reconstructing cache metadata.: If <ESC> is pressed then this appears:Then appears a blue screen error that shows the stop code Inaccessible boot device. I tried startup repair, system restore, uninstall update. But nothing worked...
  3. The operating system did not shutdown cleanly. Reconstructing cache metadata.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    The operating system did not shutdown cleanly. Reconstructing cache metadata.: If <ESC> is pressed then this appears:Then appears a blue screen error that shows the stop code Inaccessible boot device. I tried startup repair, system restore, uninstall update. But nothing worked...
  4. The operating system did not shutdown cleanly. Reconstructing cache metadata.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Persistent Virus Issue After Multiple Clean Installations

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Persistent Virus Issue After Multiple Clean Installations: Hello,I unintentionally downloaded a virus that seems to be associated with XAMPP, causing my computer's applications, including Windows programs, to attempt connections to malicious IPs, which Malwarebytes has been blocking. Despite formatting my C: drive and deleting D:...
  6. Persistent Virus Issue After Multiple Clean Installations

Persistent Virus Issue After Multiple Clean Installations: Hello,I unintentionally downloaded a virus that seems to be associated with XAMPP, causing my computer's applications, including Windows programs, to attempt connections to malicious IPs, which Malwarebytes has been blocking. Despite formatting my C: drive and deleting D:...
  7. pc was BSOD'ing everywhere couldnt reset windows, now i cant clean install

in Windows 10 Gaming
    pc was BSOD'ing everywhere couldnt reset windows, now i cant clean install: PC BSOD's while playing a game.PC continues to randomly while playing a game crash for weeks.restarting randomlyThought it might be related to some services, deleted gaming services.Restored all services as this didn't fix the issue.Noticed errors in Event Viewer; couldn't...
  8. pc was BSOD'ing everywhere couldnt reset windows, now i cant clean install

pc was BSOD'ing everywhere couldnt reset windows, now i cant clean install: PC BSOD's while playing a game.PC continues to randomly while playing a game crash for weeks.restarting randomlyThought it might be related to some services, deleted gaming services.Restored all services as this didn't fix the issue.Noticed errors in Event Viewer; couldn't...
  9. How does microsoft know my email adress on a clean windows install.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How does microsoft know my email adress on a clean windows install.: I just did a clean windows install using a bootable windows usb, I cleaned up me ssd and installed afresh copy of windows 11, I created a local account and downloaded office setup.exe from edge WITHOUT LOGGING INTO ANYTHING after the installation was done, I opened powerpoint...
  10. How does microsoft know my email adress on a clean windows install.

How does microsoft know my email adress on a clean windows install.: I just did a clean windows install using a bootable windows usb, I cleaned up me ssd and installed afresh copy of windows 11, I created a local account and downloaded office setup.exe from edge WITHOUT LOGGING INTO ANYTHING after the installation was done, I opened powerpoint...