Windows 10: Cleaning windows files with CCleaner

Discus and support Cleaning windows files with CCleaner in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I need suggestion about cleaning windows files with CCleaner, what files can i remove safely without damaging my OS. And which one should i checklist... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by mikelferdinan, Mar 23, 2017.

1. Cleaning windows files with CCleaner

I need suggestion about cleaning windows files with CCleaner, what files can i remove safely without damaging my OS. And which one should i checklist from menu. I am adding some screenshots.

Cleaning windows files with CCleaner [​IMG]

Cleaning windows files with CCleaner [​IMG]

:)

mikelferdinan, Mar 23, 2017

2. Windows defender found nothing. Scanns really good. Will not allow me to turn defendor on? Says unprotectd.

Just out of curiosity:

Is Ccleaner installed?

If you use CCleaner, uncheck the option to clean Windows Defender files.

`~`

José Antonio Pontón Posada CEO, Mar 23, 2017
  3. CCleaner and the November update

I recently updated Windows 10 from build 10249 to 10586. The update removed my third-party utility, CCleaner, (and along with it some personal files relating to CCleaner), claiming that it was "incompatible" with Windows 10. It turns out that CCleaner works
    just fine with Windows, and "incompatible" is used pretty loosely.

What happens is that the update replaces Windows files and puts all of the replaced files in a folder labeled Windows.old. Then if you ever want to rollback to the previous version, Windows can replace these files. However, the detailed instructions for
    doing the replacement (which file goes where) are contained in some Windows system log files, and CCleaner normally cleans out these files when it runs. You can change this in CCleaner easily by just unchecking the box to clean Windows system log files. Then
    everything is "compatible."

prestonpdx, Mar 23, 2017
  4. tomseys Win User

Cleaning windows files with CCleaner

Not sure about all the other stuff but I do know if you keep windows defender checked defender will ask you to do a scan soon after stating it hasn't been done in a while.

tomseys, Mar 23, 2017
  5. swarfega Win User
    You need to spend some time going through the options and deciding what you don't want cleaned.

I would uncheck all the Windows Explorer options if you want to keep those features.
    Leave the System section settings as they are.
    You might want to keep jumplists

Basically if you don't want ccleaner to mess with certain programs you have installed then untick them. Generally what this section of ccleaner does is remove things like cache, temporary files etc.

Take the time to go through ccleaner.

swarfega, Mar 23, 2017
  6. f14tomcat Win User
    This one is quite true! Windows Defender uses it's log files (actually .etl files, I believe) to determine when and how deep to scan. Removing them gives Defender the false impression you haven't scanned in a while. Best to leave that one unchecked. Defender will clean up after itself.

f14tomcat, Mar 23, 2017
  7. Helmut Win User
    These are all pointless little tasks that will make no difference to Windows.
    They can be done from within Windows without CCleaner.

It's your choice as to what you want to delete, some you might not want to, and in most cases re-appearing in time.

Helmut, Mar 24, 2017
  8. f14tomcat Win User

Perhaps. But we were addressing the OP's question, not it's merit. No offense intended.

f14tomcat, Mar 24, 2017
  9. I clean everything for years, except mentioned jumplist and explorer's size, it would reset explorer's view.

TairikuOkami, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Cleaning windows files with CCleaner - Similar Threads - Cleaning files CCleaner

2. Cleaned files with CCleaner. Should I have done it?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Cleaned files with CCleaner. Should I have done it?: I cleaned my PC with CCleaner but later read on the internet that it can cause more harm instead. Could I have done any damage to my PC? Should I have done it? Just wanted to clean my PC... submitted by /u/CHiA-ZS [link] [comments]...
  3. CCleaner

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    CCleaner: when I select Ccleaner it's too big for the screen https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/ccleaner/4d3f2c1b-8d6b-4184-bd8d-d2ce7a44e72d
  4. Which files are safe to clean on CCleaner program?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Which files are safe to clean on CCleaner program?: My OS and passwords to sites I am logged into are my main concerns of messing up cause I have a lot of different passwords. I try to keep them all saved on a flash drive but, always manage to need one I can no longer find LOL! Thanks! *Smile 162051
  5. CCleaner

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    CCleaner: Is CCleaner safe to reinstall on laptop using Windows 10 ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/ccleaner/2db1feb0-ed2c-4ec6-95de-d0e92c109eb4"
  6. CCleaner Duplicate File Finder

CCleaner Duplicate File Finder: I looked at the duplicates and all have the same name and in some files, the path is slightly different. The bytes and the time are all identical. Half of the duplicates show two files which includes the original or latetess file and the program only allows me to mark one for...
  7. How can I stop CCleaner from skipping cleaning files in Edge?

How can I stop CCleaner from skipping cleaning files in Edge?: Hi All, How can I stop CCleaner from skipping cleaning files in Edge? Is there a setting in Edge that's stopping CCleaner from cleaning the files? [img] 25552
  8. CCleaner

CCleaner: What is you guys opinion on this program? I bought the professional version and have used CCleaner for many years but I feel like its beginning to make a small difference on my computer... the cleaning isnt as good as it used to be many years ago... what do you guys think,...
  9. Ccleaner

Ccleaner: Each time I log into my user profile, Ccleaner asks for permissions to run. How can I stop this? Note: I could probably go to Google and research this problem, but I always like to hear something from this forum as I trust you guys and your solutions as they always...
  10. Ccleaner or ?

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Ccleaner or ?: Is Ccleaner the only tool you can clean your Windows 10 with(not registry)safely? I have Bitdefender Total Security 2018, can I use the optimizer build in that product? I am not a techie so what software out there can I use? [img] 91807