Windows 10: Clear AppLocker Policy in Windows 10

Discus and support Clear AppLocker Policy in Windows 10 in Windows 10 Tutorials to solve the problem; How to: Clear AppLocker Policy in Windows 10 How to Clear AppLocker Policy in Windows 10 AppLocker advances the app control features and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Tutorials' started by lawnmower74, Jan 9, 2018.

1. Clear AppLocker Policy in Windows 10

How to: Clear AppLocker Policy in Windows 10

How to Clear AppLocker Policy in Windows 10

AppLocker advances the app control features and functionality of Software Restriction Policies. AppLocker contains new capabilities and extensions that allow you to create rules to allow or deny apps from running based on unique identities of files and to specify which users or groups can run those apps.

packaged apps (aka: Microsoft Store apps), and packaged app installers.

AppLocker policies can only be configured on and applied to computers that are running on the supported versions and editions of the Windows operating system. You can configure AppLocker policies on any edition of Windows 10, but you can only manage (enforce) AppLocker on devices running Windows 10 Enterprise and Windows 10 Education.

Clearing the AppLocker policy on a computer returns all AppLocker settings to not configured (default) and deletes all existing rules.

See also:
    This tutorial will show you how to clear (reset) AppLocker policy to return all AppLocker settings to default and delete all existing rules in Windows 10 Enterprise and Windows 10 Education.

*Warning You must be signed in as an administrator to use AppLocker.

Here's How:

1. Open Local Security Policy (secpol.msc).

2. Expand open Application Control Policies in the left pane of the Local Security Policy window, right click or press and hold on AppLocker, and click/tap on the Clear Policy. (see screenshot below)

Clear AppLocker Policy in Windows 10 [​IMG]

3. Click/tap on Yes to confirm. (see screenshot below)

4. The AppLocker dialog box will notify you of how many rules were deleted. Click/tap on OK. (see screenshot below)

That's it,
    Shawn

Related Tutorials

:)

lawnmower74, Jan 9, 2018
  2. Brink Win User
  3. Applocker Policy breaks Start Menu

I am running Windows 10 Enterprise, build 10240. I am keeping my clients in a test OU. Everything has been working fine with it until I apply an Applocker policy. After the policy applies, the Start Menu and Cortana stop functioning. I am able to restore
    functionality by deleting the .Applocker files from %windir%\system32\Applocker and restarting. That fixes it until the policy reapplies and the .Applocker files are recreated.

Anyone have any guidance for a permanent solution on this issue?

J_hotsauce, Oct 27, 2019
  4. ahmd Win User

Clear AppLocker Policy in Windows 10

How to set up AppLocker restrictions on Windows 10 Pro?

Dude, thanks for the info and sorry for my late reply. I've been bashing my head against it but I still can't make it work. I did everything like it says there but it still didn't do anything. It doesn't block anything. The only difference that I see in your tutorial is this line:

Like I said I have Pro.

5. Applocker enforcement on Windows 10 Pro

As far as I understand, Applocker can be configured on Windows 10 Enterprise and Server 2012 R2. Would I be able to create a group policy on our 2012 R2 AD server and enforce applocker policies on Windows 10 Pro installations on the domain?

Christopher Nelms, Oct 27, 2019
  6. dalchina Win User
    Win-10 Update issue and Group Policy

Hi, not come across this so hope someone else may be able to help.

Winaero says this:
    Microsoft has changed where Windows Defender is installed
    (I simply searched using part of your error message)

What version of Windows 10 do you have? (See below)

Found:
    AppLocker (Windows 10) | Microsoft Docs
    Requirements to use AppLocker (Windows 10) | Microsoft Docs

This appears to be an IT managed feature via Group Policy.

dalchina, Oct 27, 2019
Thema:

Clear AppLocker Policy in Windows 10

1. Clear AppLocker Policy in Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Clear AppLocker Policy

2. AppLocker Policy keeps Crashing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    AppLocker Policy keeps Crashing: Hi, I'm trying to block certain programs through AppLocker, but every time I'm applying an exemption specifically publisher, the group policy editor crashes with the error below. I want to exclude signed apps from the rule, and I set it up exactly as below, but it crashes. I...
  3. AppLocker Policy keeps Crashing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    AppLocker Policy keeps Crashing: Hi, I'm trying to block certain programs through AppLocker, but every time I'm applying an exemption specifically publisher, the group policy editor crashes with the error below. I want to exclude signed apps from the rule, and I set it up exactly as below, but it crashes. I...
  4. applocker

in Windows 10 Support
    applocker: Hi all, There is a need to implement application whitelisting in my company. We are using windows 10 pro. So I decide to explore applocker as a mean to disable files from being run. I have created the default rules and base on what I've read. "Any executable file not allowed...
  5. Applocker policy applied but not working

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Applocker policy applied but not working: Hi,I created an applocker policy using default rules to test before applying to production. Enforcement is set to Enforce Rules. Application Identity service is also enabled from the policy.On windows 10 client GPRESULT shows the policy was applied and the Application...
  6. Cannot Clear Group Policies???

in Windows 10 Support
    Cannot Clear Group Policies???: I am hoping someone can help me with this. I have tried to clear the attached group policies from my Windows 10 Pro Ver. 20H2 as they are causing Windows Update to not update properly. I have tried both the gpedit.msc way (sorted by status) and also the command prompt method...
  7. Applocker

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Applocker: Hi all, I disable access to IE using applocker but now its blocking all exe files on the system There is solution for this? Thanks 152683
  8. Vendor/MSFT/AppLocker/FamilySafety/FamilySafetyGro up/StoreApps/Policy

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Vendor/MSFT/AppLocker/FamilySafety/FamilySafetyGro up/StoreApps/Policy: Hello, I have the following Problem in Windows 10 Home: MDM-ConfigurationManager: Befehlsfehlerstatus. ID der Konfiguratonsquelle: ({AD68119A-6A55-47B2-9764-C6F533708987}), Registrierungstyp: (FamilySafety), CSP-Name: (AppLocker), Befehlstyp: (Add: from Replace or Add),...
  9. Search in Taskbar is not working with Applocker policy

in Cortana
    Search in Taskbar is not working with Applocker policy: Hi Everyone, I have enabled AppLocker polices to disable Win10 UI apps e.g. Xbox, Groove Music, Solitare etc. Search in taskbar seems disabled with AppLocker policy. I am not able to search in Start menu for any app. Thanks, NG...
  10. Export and Import AppLocker Policy for Rules in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Export and Import AppLocker Policy for Rules in Windows 10: How to: Export and Import AppLocker Policy for Rules in Windows 10 How to Export and Import AppLocker Policy for Rules in Windows 10 AppLocker advances the app control features and functionality of Software Restriction Policies. AppLocker contains new capabilities and...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. clear applocker policies

2. MDM-ConfigurationManager: Befehlsfehlerstatus. ID der Konfiguratonsquelle: ({5B89DE38-C096-4A02-B794-EF7525D15F44}) Registrierungstyp: (FamilySafety) CSP-Name: (AppLocker) Befehlstyp: (Clear: first phase of Delete) Ergebnis: (./Vendor/MSFT/AppLoc